Status: Active :) Suscribe please.

The Way She Moves

Taylor's Party

Story starts late 2007/ nearly 2008, before FTSK's first CD came out.
"Will you hurry the hell up?!" My best friend, Emmie called from my room.
I was currently in my bathroom, fixing my hair and make up for a small party that we were going to.
"I'm almost done."
"Great." She called back as I walked out to where she was sitting. "Awe, you look cute!"
"Thanks." I laughed. "I love your dress. It looks great on you."
"I try." She shrugged.
I rolled my eyes.
"Why are we even going to this thing, Em?" I asked.
"What do you mean, Karma?"
"I mean..." I trailed off and I sighed. "I just think that we try to hard..."
"Okay? I'm not following."
"I just think that our friends aren't...real."
She laughed.
"Hun, I could've told you that a lonnnngggg time ago."
"Why didn't you?!" I gasped, pretending to be mad.
"Chill," Emmie laughed.
"I just hope that I don't run into Jared."
"He was a douche." Emmie laughed. "Can I punch him if he is there?"
I gave her a dry sarcastic look.
"You couldn't hurt a fly."
"But for him, I might make an exception."
"Sure you will..."
"Dude!" Emmie and I started laughing. "Come on, Taylor is waiting."
"The Princess herself." I groaned, but we got off of my bed, and grabbed our purses.
Emmie and I are long time friends. We went to high school together, and we both took courses in the local University. We're both from California, but recently we moved here to Dallas, Texas. We've lived here for the past couple of years. Not that Dallas isn't great, but our 'friends' aren't exactly the best people in the world. They look like Babies, and that's coming from a girl from California.
"Where is this freaking place anyway?" Emmie asked from beside me.
"I don't know." I shrugged as I turned left. "Will you get out the invite?"
"Sure..." She sighed. "I'm going to be honest, I don't want to go."
"Me either, Em. But do you know what Taylor, or Gracie and Nolie will do to us if we don't show?"
"Yeah, but I say fuck them!"
"I wish I had your guts." I laughed from behind the wheel. "We're here."
"Wow...looks like Taylor isn't the only person who is having a party,"
I nodded in silence as I looked at the other people entering the other side. They didn't look like they belonged at the venue, considering Taylor booked it out.
"You have your I.D with you, don't you?" I asked Emmie.
"Yeah, and I have yours in my purse too. We're well over 21. We should at least look it."
I rolled my eyes.
"Correction, we're only 22. That's not 'well over'."
Emmie rolled her eyes at me before getting out of the car. I followed my best friend out of the car, and we both started walking toward the huge venue that held parties. Before I got to the door, I dropped my purse, and it spilt everywhere.
"Shit!" I yelled to no one in particular. I heard a man chuckling, and my head looked up. "What?! Go ahead and laugh! I'm so fucking funny!"
He shook his head, and the dark brown straightened hair fell into his face.
"Let me help."
"Okay?" I raised my eyebrows and bent down at the same time that the gorgeous stranger did.
"What's your name?"
"What's yours?" I shot back.
He smiled at me, and I was stunned. He had the prettiest smile I've seen.
"I'm Jonathan Cook."
"Karma Stacy."
"Nice to meet you, Karma Stacy. Looks like today is my lucky day."
"Ha ha! Never heard that one before!" I joked, but I smiled back. "You too...uh...thinks for helping me. I'm a klutz."
"No problem." He laughed, and then he opened the door to the venue for me.
I blushed.
"Thanks..."
"No problem."
Before I could say anything else, the beautiful boy was already gone.
Why did he stop to help me? I know that people in Dallas are nice and all, but no one has ever done that for me before. I was honestly stunned.
"Karma!"
I turned around to come face to face with the one and only Taylor Hopkins.

"Hey, Toy! Happy birthday!"
"Thanks!" She smiled and hugged me lightly. "Come on in!"
"Sorry it took so long. I sort of dropped my purse, and I had to stop to pick it all up."
"Don't worry about it." The girl smiled a smile that I knew was real. She would be putting on a fake one anyway. Then she turned around and started to walk off.
"Don't worry, I wasn't." I mumbled to myself, but I followed her anyway.

*

"She's drunk off her ass!" Gracie yelled to Emmie and me.
I laughed.
"I noticed...but it is her birthday,"
"And whoever is in the next venue over is seriously making way too much noise!"
"What do you want me to do, Nolie? Go over there and tell them to shut the hell up?!"
"That would be great, Karma!"
"I was joking!" I yelled back in disbelief. "Didn't you head that it's bad karma to tell people what to do?" I slightly joked.
"Just go, Kay!" Gracie whined.
I rolled my eyes.
"Em, come with?"
"Um...sure!" She agreed quickly, and then we quickly made our way out of the room, and down toward the neighboring venue. "Hey, at least we got out of there, right?"
I shrugged.
"I suppose..." When I pulled open the door, music was thumping loudly. "Hey, this is a pretty cool beat, don't you think?!"
Emmie nodded.
We both started to dance along with the rest of the people.
"It's so different! I love it!"
"Me too!" I agreed.
"Y'all like this?"
Emmie and I both turned around to see a tall red head standing there.
"Yeah!" I nodded. "It's different! What band is this?"
"Forever The Sickest Kids."
"I've never heard of them." Emmie told him.
"They've got a pretty good buzz around them! They're a new band, but this song has been played a lot...”
I raised my eyebrow. He seemed to know a lot about the band.
"Odd..."
"What?" He laughed.
"I don't think I-,"
"Caleb!" Someone yelled as he came up to the tall red head.
I turned to look at Emmie, but she was ordering herself a drink.
"I want one too." I told her.
"Make that two!" She yelled toward the bar tender.
"Hey, it's Karma, right?"
I turned back around and saw Jonathan standing there with the red head, whom I assumed to be Caleb. He looked slightly confused.
"Yeah! That's me!"
"Awesome!" He laughed. "Can I get you anything to drink?"
"Karma, is that like...your name?" Caleb asked.
I nodded my head.
"That's me!" I paused. "My friend is already buying us some. Thanks for the offer, though."
"Maybe you can let me take you out to lunch tomorrow instead?"
I felt myself slowly smile.
"It's a date!" I felt like I was yelling...well...I was. I was trying to yell over the music, as was Caleb and Jonathan.
"Your drink, baby!" Emmie called as she handed me a glass.
"What is it?"
"Only the best fucking drink in the world!"
"AH! Thank you!" I yelled with a small laugh. I was well aware that Jonathan and Caleb were standing right there. "Who are you staring at?" I lightly nudged her elbow.
"Sexy blonde DJ!" She yelled.
I looked to where her eyes landed, and when I saw him I knew that she wasn't going to give up.
"So, Caleb tells me that you like this music?"
My stare was taken from the DJ over to them again.
"What's the song called?"
"Hey Brittany," Caleb and Jonathan replied at the same time.
"I love it!" I yelled.
Emmie shook her head, and continued to sip on her drink.
"Want to dance?"
I turned my head to look at Jonathan.
"Yeah!" I nodded and turned to hand off my drink to Caleb. He looked at little stunned, but he held it anyway.
Jonathan and I started to dance. He was a good dancer.

*
"Where do you want to meet tomorrow?"
I shrugged.
"How about we just meet here? Do you live close?"
"Sort of." He chuckled.
God, his laugh was amazing.
"Okay! Great!" I yelled, already fully feeling the effects of my drinking. "Shit, damn, bitch." I groaned as I bent down to take off my heels. "Never where these."
"Note taken," He laughed.
"Oh crap!"
"What?"
"I think I lost Emmie!" I yelled over the noise.
"Nah, she's with Caleb and Kyle."
"Oooh..." I trailed off. "I'm so shit faced."
"At least you're honest." Jonathan muttered, gripping my arm to keep me from falling over. "Do you have someone who could drive you both home?"
"Nope." I shook my head about ten times. "My friends...."
"What about your friends?"
"They're bitches." I yelled loudly. "Stuck up sluts who don't give a damn about who you are."
"Okay, little lady. I'm cutting you off, and I'm driving you home. Where do you live?"
"In a whale's tummy!" I yelled with a loud giggled.
Jonathan shook his head.
"Okay, that's clearly not an option. I'll gather Emmie, and then I'll take you guys back to my house."
"Wait!" I yelled as he started to walk off.
"What?"
"What if you're some kind of pervert that just wants to rape me and then kill me?! I've got bad karma, ya know." I giggled at my own stupid joke.
"I promise you, Karma, I'm not that kind of guy."
"You know, mom said never trust a guy with tight pants."
"Really?"
"No." I giggled.
Jonathan gave me a cute, boyish grin before he started walking off, leaving me alone.
That boy gave me butterflies. It was amazing.

*
"Ya know... you're not the easiest person to help along." Jonathan lightly joked, steering me in the right direction out of the club.
It was then that I saw Grace, Nolie, and Taylor.
"TAY!" I drunkenly yelled.
"Ooh, gees! Karma!" Nolie rushed over. "Who in the hell are you?!" She spat.
"Be nice!" I stated.
"Get your hands off of her, you pervert!" Gracie snapped at Caleb and Kyle because they were holding Emmie up.
I rolled my eyes.
"Stop being a bitch. They're making sure we're okay!" I snapped back.
"Karma, you're drunk." Nolie rolled her eyes, sweeping me away from Jonathan's grasp.
He actually let me go.
Damn.
"I'll see you tomorrow?"
"For sure!" I giggled like a 10-year old girl before they stuck Emmie, Taylor, and I all in the back of the car while they got into the front seats.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter! Please comment :)

- Rae <3