Status: Active :) Suscribe please.

The Way She Moves

Sound Check

"For the love of God." I whispered, standing up, and grabbing Emmie and Lyric. "We're leaving now."

"Why?"

"But-but-but....KARMA!" Lyric yelled.

"SH!" I snapped, covering my hand over her mouth, and practically running away from the tent.

"What in the hell was that about?!" Emmie snapped.

"I swear I just saw Kyle, Marc, and Jonathan."

"Are you okay?" Emmie asked.

"I think that she's seeing things. Does Karma need water?" She asked slowly.

"I'm fine!" I snapped. "Well, besides the fact that I'm pretty sure I just saw my ex and his friends in a merch tent beside ours."

"I'm sure that you didn't." Lyric stated. "Calm down, okay? We've got sound check in like twenty minutes. How about you go, and get on some clothes for today? It's hot out already, and you were the last to wake up."

I nodded.

"Okay." I breathed in deeply before I started toward the bus. I got there, and picked out a pair of distressed shorts, a black tank top, a grey vest, and my motor cycle boots. I fixed my eyeliner, and brushed out my hair for today before adding a grey beanie on top.
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=27144370I didn't care if it was hot. I love my beanies. Once I was done, I noticed that I only had ten minutes until sound check. We only had a ten minute sound check to ensure that all of the bands could make sure that their instruments were in tune. I walked, nearly ran back to the arena. I got to our merch tent, and everyone was standing there, laughing.

"There she is." Ethan joked, putting his arm around my shoulders.

I rolled my eyes.

"Here I am! When is sound check?"

"In like five minutes."

"Huh?" I was confused. "Ooh! Never mind. I set my watch fast."

Emmie laughed and shook her head.

"Come on, guys! Toward the stage. Let's go, let's go!" Lyle stated. "The event planners are watching...as are a lot of the other bands. You've got a lot to live up to."

I rolled my eyes.

"So we've been told." I joked, but walked at the lead of the pack. We went through back stage, and got our ear pieces. I put mine in before looking for my mic that was duct taped hot pink. I was the last to run out on stage, due to the fact that I couldn't find my mic.

"Turn on your mic," Aiden told me through my ear pieces.

I rolled my eyes before I turned on my mic.

"Is is okay?"

"Talk louder."

"Hey!" I stated, earning looks from a lot of bands. "We're The District....and this is our sound check." I laughed at the end.

"We're doing a old song. This one's called Take It Back." Skye stated before he went into the song with his guitar.

If I could just take it, take it back,

I would in a heartbeat.

I've had a lot of practice,

I fake a smile.

Pretending to be happy,

as you both fall.

If I could take it, take it back,

I would've never liked you.

Falling for someone,

who I knew would hurt me.

If I could take it, take it back,

I watch on the sidelines,

as my life passes by.

If I could take it, take it back,

I would take back falling for you.

Best friends could be broken apart,

just by that contagious smile.

I dress up to impress,

but around you,

I'm a mess.

It's her that's on our mind.

It breaks my heart every time.

But I can't, stop you.

You may be falling in love,

but I'm falling apart.

( ^_^ My song! hahaha)

"That was great, guys!" Emmie stated the second we got off from our sound check.

"We only did till the end of the second verse, Em." Lyric laughed.

"So? It was great."

"Thanks." I laughed. "Come on, I need some water. I want to walk around too."

"Okay!" Lyric agreed quickly.

They both have been dying to meet other bands since before we even left Texas.

Together, we walked back to our tent, and I grabbed a bottle of water. There we heard a radio player.

"I loves this song!" I stated just as the first few notes started to play Hips Don't Lie by Shakira. I started to sing along with her as the guys joked around with the guy parts.

"Dance, Karma!" Aiden joked.

I rolled my hips in my best Shakira like fashion. I probably looked whore-ish, but hey! I was just dancing to Latin music. I whipped my head, and hips around along with Emmie and Lyric. I didn't notice that we were getting an audience until I heard a couple of guys joining in. I just rolled my eyes and kept singing on as loud as I could. I knew that I was hitting the notes, so it really didn't bother me. Skye grabbed me, and we just dance together all around the tent area. It was harmless fun. Besides, Skye's like my gay best friend...even if he isn't gay.

The song was almost over, and just the music was playing. Skye got tired of dancing with me, and moved on, leaving me to dance alone again. I didn't mind. I love dancing alone.

"Uh...Karma?"

I looked in the direction of Emmie and Lyric, and I gave them a confused look.

"Yeah?"

"You've got some bad karma," Lyric stated.

I stopped dancing, and turned around. There stood Jonathan in all of his glory, and he wasn't alone. The other five guys that were his friends were standing there. Then I noticed that Taylor was by Caleb's side along with another red head girl that was shorter than the tall blonde girl.

"Fuck. My. Life." I stated, earning some laughs from surrounding people, but not Emmie, Lyric, or the guys.

"Karma?" Jonathan asked me.

I slowly nodded, confirming that he wasn't seeing things.

"Hi." I waved, and then turned around, only to start dancing to another dance song. I didn't care why he was here. I just wanted him to leave.

*

"We're The District, and this is our last song. It's a new one. I just wrote this song about six months ago." I started, already going into my break-up details. I figured out that Jonathan was in a band called Forever The Sickest Kids...and surprise...Austin, Marc, Kent, Caleb, and Kyle were too. It makes it worse that he's also the lead singer, and a fantastic one at that. "You see, I was dumped because the guy I was with had some insecurity issues, and couldn't trust me to make decisions for myself. So...yeah. This song is called Fuck Yeah, I'm Single!"

I got a lot of applause.

I laughed into the mic.

"Just kidding, but we should name a song that!"

"Aside from Karma's joking..." Colton trailed off.

"This song's called Cheers To Us Not Making It." Skye stated with a laugh.

(Go here to look at the stupid lyrics xD ) http://quizilla.teennick.com/lyrics/18003675/cheers-to-us-not-making-it

As soon as the song started to play, I was all over the freaking place. I even jumped into the huge crowd. I had the help of Lyle, of course, so I really wasn't scared. I ran back up on stage, and continued to belt out that song. I wanted Jonathan to feel the pain that I did when he broke my heart that day in Texas.

"Thank you guys so fucking much." I laughed into the mic. "I'm Karma, and I love you guys! Ha ha, get it? Karma loves you!" I giggled before prancing off of the stage. Lyle shook his head at me while laughing before the rest of them joined me off of the stage. I wasn’t sweating all that bad, which was a good thing.

"Loved the joke, Karma!" Lyric stated, hugging me tightly.

"Thank you. I think you finally rubbed off on me." I joked back.

"Shower time!" Skye stated.

I decided to not take shower, considering I wasn’t sweating bullets, and my clothes were perfectly dry.

"Going to merch!" I stated, hanging my pass around my neck, and picking up my phone and a sharpie. It was then that I noticed that I had one new message.

We need to talk, Karma. Now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you guys like it :)

xoxo Rae