Meeting Her Sister

Serenity Selene and Melody Marie

One night, Melody, a young 14 year old girl, was crying in her bedroom. It was dark, the only light there was, was the moonlight shining through her open window. The wind moved her pink and white striped curtains. She felt all alone every night, she always cried this way. Melody never told her parents or anybody that she sits in her room crying in the middle of the night. She cried about how lonely she often felt because of how it seems like every person in the world had one best friend.

As the wind blew throughout her room, she began to talk to herself, "Why must I feel so alone!? I always feel like the odd one out and that the world had an even number before I was born! Argh, nobody knows how I feel. Somehow though, I feel like I had something, but then I lost it...?". Melody felt that she once knew somebody before and that she lost that person, she didn't know who it was though... only her mother knew. But her mother has yet to tell the truth to her some day.

As each lonely day went by for two weeks, she always got up after her parents had fallen asleep, and had tears go down on her face. One night, a bright star came floating towards her open window. She blinked at it in shock, "W-what's happening!?". Then her sight whited out and she found herself floated around in a place that looked like outer space. Stars were all over and underneath her was Earth. "Oh my... what I'm I doing all the way up here!?", she shouted feeling frightened. "Don't be afraid, Melody Marie.", said a mysterious and peaceful voice. Melody looked around, "Who's there? And what do you want with me!?", she gasped. "Melody, I am your twin sister, my name is Serenity Selene.", the voice replied. "What??", Melody was very confused.

She never knew that she had a twin sister, she just felt that she was born alone and was always alone. Melody looked around again, this time she saw a glowing girl. She was beautiful, the girl had a lovely silver dress with angelic wings. She also had the same hair color and eyes as Melody. She looked eight years older than Melody though.

"I've been watching over you, my dear sister. The day I died, was the day God made me become one with the moon. Everynight, I've watched over you and pushed the clouds away to see you through your window. Your tears... were sad and have wanted to know the truth for years. I even placed your special star next to me and the moon, so you know what your name truly means.", Serenity said softly. Melody looked deep into her eyes as she said that. She then began to cry both tears of joy and saddness. "If you're really my twin sister, why do you seem older than me and how did you die?", Melody sobbed.

"Oh Melodiac Sea Star, I am older in spirit because when in heaven there is a forever cycle of growing from young to old and it is very quick. And I have died of a seizure when we were only three years old. Mother was very devastated and felt guilty because of her own seizures she once had. But I am here now and I'll always be with you, the world may abandon you on some occasions, but I'll be watching you every night. We can even meet like this if you want to. You just have to believe and call my name...", Serenity said as she held her sister. She began to fade away slowly, "Serenity! Why are you fading away?", Melody cried.

The sun began to rise on their home part of the world and Serenity said, "... The sun... is coming... I can't stay long... dreaming of being in space and seeing me... will be over at dawn... good-bye sister... we'll see each other again, very soon... I promise...". Then Serenity completed faded away and Melody fell to her knees crying softly. She then whited out and was laying in bed whispering, "No... Serenity... we just met... don't leave me...".

Melody began to wake up, "Uhh... huh? Where's Serenity...?", she asked herself. She looked outside and saw her sister's beautiful face as a cloud, "Melody Marie, my sea star who will soon be next to me in the heavens...". Melody heard the voice and knew it wasn't her imagination, she smiled with a few tears falling.

She went into the kitchen, her mother was there cooking breakfast. "Good morning Melody, my little daughter.", her mom smiled. "Mama...", she said. "Yes?", she asked. "I've met someone special...", Melody smiled softly. "Oh-ho-ho, Marissa, I think our little daughter has a boyfriend! So, what's his name? Is he a good guy?", Melody's father teased. "NO DAD! It's not a boy and stay out of this... hmph", she said grumpily. "So... who did you meet then, Melody?" "Nevermind...", Melody said back.

She decided to not tell her mother yet, for now, she wanted to keep her tears and meeting her twin sister a secret. Marissa, her mother, smiled and somehow knew who Melody met that night. She also knew her daughter's inner pain, but now that Melody had found what she had lost... Marissa was very happy to see that her child had something she never had: a twin sister who would be always be there...
♠ ♠ ♠
This story is all about my dream twin girls. I want to have twin girls someday if I am to ever find the right man in my life to marry and have children with. I want to name my twin girls Serenity Selene (meaning "peaceful moon") and Melody Marie (meaning "melodiac sea star"). I've thought about naming my twin girls the two names because my first name means "of the sea", thus their twin names sort of rhyme and also theme with my name meaning. <3