Status: Just started, hope you like it so far.

Lost on Earth

The Rundown

I woke with start only because I felt Thomas move from my side. I turned over and I saw the look of fear in his eyes.
"Don't look like that soldier, your a man not a woman." I said trying to be humorous but I noticed the left side of his face didn't look right.
"You have to go alone. I think I'm infected." He said that and at that same moment my heart stopped. Dear god, he was turning. I had to get out but my wound had caught up with me.
"I can't go very fast, this wound is hurting bad. I think it's bleed out even more" I knew that for a fact because there was a lot of blood from where my arm was laying. My heart rate was up too high and my breathing laboring so bad that to sit up felt like I was back at basic training. I had a revelation, we weren't going to live through this.
"Kree', I want you to shoot me in the head, please. I don't want to turn into one of them and hunt you down. I can already feel that rage building up wanting to burst loose. Please, I'm begging you."
I looked at him in pure horror at what he was asking of me but I was never the one to let someone suffer. Whatever their request, I did it only because that was their final wish and I respect that too much to deny them.
"Alright, I'll do it."

I found one more round for my 9mm, but I did not want to shoot him. I had just really gotten to know him and I felt that I deserved more than this. He deserved to live more than I. I looked him in his eyes and without a beat he got on his knees and faced me. I had never had to do anything so difficult in my life, to kill an innocent man.
"Kree', before you shoot, I just wanted you to know that I love you. I have always loved you and I wish we had gotten a chance." He told me those words and I wanted to slap him, because now I could not do it.
"I can't do this", I was starting to cry as I put my gun to his forehead but that's when I saw a flash. I put my gun down and looked at Thomas. He's breathing was getting worse and so was his body. The problem was is that it looked as if his skin was beginning to heal itself.
"Thomas, you're healing!" I almost yelled it at him and he looked at me with the most perplexed look on his face.
"I feel amazing, I thought I was about to turn then that flash happened and it's gone. I wonder where the hell that came from and if the flash is what healed me." He said. I thought the same thing as well, but something was not right because even my arm was starting to heal itself.
"Thomas, something is not right. My bullet wound is healing itself as well. Weird shit is going down and I have a really bad feeling about it." I told him that and he began to agree. He got up and started to look out the door to see if maybe someone else was inside the building. He turned around and that's when an intercom came on.
"Why, hello strangers! I was beginning to believe I was all alone on this island. Now, I have healed you both with my vaccine. Yes, I know you all have many questions for me as to how that is even possible but I want to assure you that it is safe here. You may walk through this entire building and nothing will happen to you. I do it myself quite often, but I would not recommend going outside. There are some evil people out there. If you both would be so kind as to walk to the third floor of this building, that would be groovy. I am a very old man and my walking abilities are not so great. I would love to speak to both of you, considering the fact that you two are the only one's to ever survive my creation." The intercom shut off and Thomas and I stared at each other in disbelief.
"I thought you said you walked through this entire building?" I asked him.
"I did a run down, not an entire search. I was afraid something was in here and I did not want to leave you for a long period of time." He retorted that back at me and I knew that was the smartest thing to do. " We were both infected? Kree', you never showed any symptoms of infection. I know I started to get the crazies but you never once had anything go wrong with you. Something is not right."
I stared at him and knew that to be the honest truth. Dear God, I pray we both make it out of this alive. I can not deal with the anticipation for both of our deaths any longer.