Status: Working on it.

Leaving Scars

Two

I remember every moment of that night, every detail. It was 3:16am when the ambulance arrived Cassie was still laying on the bathroom floor. Dad had wrapped ripped t shirts around her wrists in attempt to slow the blood from pouring.
His voice was calm, but you could tell by the wide eyes, and shaky hands that it was only a mask.
I was still silent. Tears continued to trickle down my face, but I couldn't speak, there was nothing to say. Neither of us knew whether she would make it or not. We didn't know if she was going to get her second chance. The worst part was knowing she wanted to live, she changed her mind.
Sitting on the bathroom floor, I watched her. The blood on the tile soaked my pink pajama pants. She was barely breathing, and her lips were blue, the same color they turned when she'd eat her favorite food, blueberries.
The sirens screamed as the ambulance approached our house. Dad went to the door, I stayed with Cassie. I could hear mumbling from downstairs, but couldn't make out the words. Then footsteps coming up the stairs, and down the hall to our bathroom, it was located at the end of the hall, with Cassie's room on one side, and mine on the other.

“Lauren! Lauuuuurennn! Hello?” Suddenly aware that I had fallen asleep, I jumped, and nearly fell off the side of the couch, but he grabbed my arm until I got my balance. “You feeling okay? You don't usually sleep during the day..”
“Oh.. hi, um.. I forgot you were coming.. I mean, I didn't forget.. I just.. I was tired..” My face turned red, as soon as he turned his back to fall into the other end of the couch, my hands quickly scanned my cheeks for any signs of tears, thankfully there were none, and my hands returned to my sides before he had the chance to notice.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kind of short, sorry.
Life is crazy right now, and not really in a good way. But I'm writing when I can.

Thanks for reading!
Comments make me smile. :D