When the Moon Fell in Love With the Sun

Let It Be

I woke up at 10 that night from my alarm clock. I grabbed my phone and my ipod from my desk and put it in my pocket. I grabbed my suitcase and turned off my light. I threw my suitcase our my window with me following behind. I had to walk 2 miles to get to my destination. I was kind of scared to walk alone in Vegas at night because of what happened last time. As I approached the building, I read the sign. "Las Vegas Bus Station." Yelp, this is the place. I took a deep breath and opened the door.

"Hi I would like to purchase one ticket to Indianapolis," I said to the lady at the desk.

"$620 please," she said as I handed her the money.

"Thank you have a nice trip."

My bus didn't leave till 2:00 am so I had 3 hours to kill. There was only one seat open and unfortunately it was by this hobo sitting on the ground. I wonder if that's what my grandpa used to look like? I sat down and didn't make eye contact with anybody. I was kind of scared since this was in a bad neighborhood. Connersville doesn't really have a ghetto. The hobo keeps coughing and it's really grossing me out. I feel bad for him though.

"Hello," I said to him.

"Hi," he said showing me that he had no teeth.

He was dressed in rags and had very scruffy hair.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Shorty."

"HI Shorty I'm Katie. So do you want to go get something to eat with me?"

"Sure."

I felt so bad because he probably hasn't had anything to eat in a while. I was kind of surprised he agreed so soon.

"Do you like thai food?" I asked as we left the station.

"I eat everything."

"OK then let's go in here," I said pointing to a Thai restaurant.

We went inside and got seated, but everybody kept staring at us. What haven't they seen a hobo before?

"So do you work?" I asked.

"No not anymore. I hurt my knee,"

"Oh I see."

"Do you work?"

"Yeah I work at Burger King in Indiana."

"Then what are you doing here?"

So I told Shorty everything, even my addiction. It's weird how I could tell him about my drug problems but couldn't tell Brendon.

"You shouldn't runaway from your problems. It never solves anything."

"I know but I don't like it here. My best friend from here hates me and my grandparents don't even want me here. Plus I miss my home too much."

"Things happen for a reason. I'm not telling you to stay but to just think about it."

Many egg rolls later and me and Shorty were back at the station. Luckily nobody took our spots. I only had to wait 2 more hours, so I decided to put my headphones on. I guess I fell asleep cuz the next thing I knew, somebody was shaking me.

"Katie wake up."

"Huh?" I said as I realized who it was.

"Brendon? What are you doing here?"

"I knew you'd be here. Katie. I'm sorry. I had no idea what was going on with you. I was a jerk and I'm really sorry."

"Yeah I'm sorry too. I should have told you sooner."

"So do you want to go home?"

"Yeah let's go."

"Bye Shorty," I said as we were leaving.

"Bye thanks for everything."

"Who's Shorty?" Brendon asked.

"Just a friend?" I said smiling.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I finally updated yay! More comments please. I'm not gonna update til I get more comments. Cuz they make me happy. lol So what do you think will happen next cuz I need some ideas cuz I'm getting writers block. I will more a lot more updates soon cuz I think I'm getting a laptop for my bday which is the 27th! yay I can't wait. But Happy Easter everybody!