When the Moon Fell in Love With the Sun

Perfect

"Katie?" I heard that same voice through my door.

"Just leave. I don't want you in my life!"

I heard the doorknob jingle a lot. I just ignored it and didn't care. I felt the bed sink after a while. I lifted my head to find him sitting on my bed.

"What are you doing here?" I asked coldly.

"Well actually I saw you the other day at Starbucks and I figured you were staying here. I know I haven't been around in a while but I'm here now. I made a stupid mistake but that was a long time ago. So we should just forget about it and start over," my dad said.

"Forget about it? Are you serious? Yeah it's been a while but so what. I used to look up to you until then. Do you know how many nights I cried over it? Or how many Mom cried? No because you were never there. You didn't realize that it hurt everybody. You only worried about yourself. And what's even worse is that you did that with one of my friends Moms. That is just wrong. I could never go over to Jenna's house and she couldn't come over to ours. I never really talked to Jenna that much after that. People would come up to me at school asking me if that really happened because of Jenna's big mouth. A lot of people knew about it and they would judge me by it. Every time I walked down the hall people would whisper. I just got so sick of it."

"I had no clue," my dad said as he reached for my hand.

"Don't fucking touch me! I don't even get why you came here."

"I came back to make it up to you. Maybe we could hang out sometime. I'm really sorry for what I did. I shouldn't have left like that either," he said with tears in his eyes.

"I've always just wanted someone there. People would always talk about how great there dad's were and I didn't know what to say cuz I had no clue where you were or what you were doing. I missed you Dad," I said as I gave him a hug and cried into his chest.

"I missed you to kiddo."

My dad stayed for dinner and we got caught up. It turns out my dad had moved to Vegas when he and mom got a divorce. He's not married or anything which is a good thing. He works for a local grocery store as a meat cutter which is what he did back in Connersville. I told him everything from when I got my tattoos to going to rehab. I could tell he was really supportive.

After he left it was really late, so I decided to go to bed.

The next morning I woke up to a bouquet of roses on my stomach and a card on my face. The note said "I really enjoy spending time with you. Pick you up at 7:00 tonight. Dress in your best concert clothes. XOXO Gabe." Aw Gabe is so sweet. I wonder what concert we're going to?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's not that long and I only had one update for this weekend. I was really busy so I couldn't write that much. So comments and tell me what you think will happen next? What concert do you think it will be?