When the Moon Fell in Love With the Sun

Viva Las Vegas

"Are you Mrs. Sterling?" the officer asked my mom when we got to my house.

"Yeah what did Katie do now?"

"She put snakes all over the school for a senior prank. Now we know that there were more people involved but she won't say who."

"How much trouble is she in?"

"We will let the school handle it."

"Oh OK, thank you for bringing her home."

"Sure thing. Have a nice night ma'am."

When the officer left, I knew my mom was gonna let me have it. Her face was so red, it was like a ticking time bomb.

"Katie Marie Sterling!" my mom yelled.

"Yes?"

"I can't believe you would pull a stunt like that. You're about to graduate young lady and you're just gonna throw it away for some prank? You have been getting in a lot of trouble lately."

"I know mom."

I went and locked myself in my room for the rest of the night. But after a while my phone started ringing.

"Hello?"

"Katie!" Kendra said.

"Hey what's up?"

"What happened to you?"

"I got busted by the cops."

"Did you tell on us?"

"Yeah right, I'm not that type of person."

"OK, but I don't want you to take all the blame."

"It's OK. I'm fine."

"Thanks, well later."

After I talked to Mr. Judd the next day at school, he said that the school is not pressing charges. I have to do community service and I'm not allowed to walk at graduation. It doesn't really matter if I walk or not as long as I graduate. I was planning on just chillin over summer, but my mom has other plans. I have to go stay at my grandparents the whole summer. It's gonna suck, because they are really strict. I have to leave the day after the last day of school which is in 2 days.

After school I had to do my first hours of community service and what did I have to do but pick up trash on the side of the road. While I was picking up trash a car drove by and yelled and started throwing trash on the ground. They started speeding away but I threw a tin can, but of course it didn't hit them.

"Katie!" the officer yelled.

"What?"

"What the hell. You don't throw stuff. I can report you and you can go to jail for littering," he said while spitting out tobacco.

"Sorry."

As he walked away, I cursed under my breath. So there I was, picking up trash in my orange jumpsuit. My life was just fucking fantastic, but I am not a criminal.
♠ ♠ ♠
So keep giving me comments good or bad please