Status: Complete

This Love Was Accidental

We're In The Same Boat, Bub

"What about?" I asked him nervously.

"Um...I wanted to talk about when I came to your house and blew up at you again."

"Oh." I nodded. "I’m sorry Jack. I shouldn’t have-."

"Aria, in order for me to talk, you’ve got to shut up first." He stated.

I nodded, and I waited for him to continue.

"Okay."

"Well, I’ve been thinking a lot about that night. I was so wrong for coming without any warning, and for blowing up in your face. I was mad when I saw that Alex has just answered the door in his boxers. You have no idea how it hurts me." He paused. "I miss you, Aria. I miss you like hell. All I want to do is hold you, and kiss you, and tell you how much I fucking love you."

"Jack..." I felt like I was going to cry, and my voice cracked.

"Aria, I love you. I really do. It’s been a living nightmare for me. I keep thinking about how I just gave up on you. About how I gave up on us without even trying. I gave up without thinking it through. You know how I am."

"Jack, I need some time to soak this in." I stated. "What exactly are you saying?"

"I love you, Aria. I want you back."

My heart skipped a few beats.

"Y-you do?"

"Yeah." He lightly chuckled. Jack cupped my head in his hands, and he slowly brought his lips to mine in a kiss. My heart started to pick up speed, and it felt like an electoral current was passing when we kissed. Jack and I had chemistry, but so did Alex and I.

Alex....

I pulled away for Jack slowly, and I stared into his happy eyes. I felt tears starting to come down my cheeks.

"Aria, all I want to know is do you love me?"

I nodded my head up and down quickly.

"I do, Jack. I love you so fucking much."

"That’s all I want to know." He smiled, and he kissed me again, matching the same pure bliss as before. He slowly pulled away. "You looked like you were deep in thought, so I’m going to go back home, okay?"

"Okay." I nodded. "Bye, Jackie."

"By Ariebaby." He smiled. Jack kissed my forehead, and left me sitting up against the tree where we would spend most of our youth talking at.

That oak tree still was a place that we did that.

 

I was alone for another five minutes before Alex came jogging back toward me. I stood up to greet him, but he saw my eyes and pulled me into a warm hug.

"What happened, Airbear?" He asked me. Alex pulled me out to look at him, and I shook my head. His lips grazed mine softly. I kissed him back quickly, and then I pulled away to look at him. "Baby, what’s wrong?"

I furrowed my brows.

"Alex, I’ve got something to tell you."

"Okay?" He shrugged as we sat down against that oak tree.

"Alex, Demi’s in rehab." I stated. I decided to avoid it for a couple more minutes "She’s been in there for a couple of weeks."

He looked like his heart just broke in half.

"W-w-what?" He paused. "Why?"

"Emotional and Physical harm."

"Is she...okay?"

I shrugged.

"I don’t know, Alex. She started to cut, badly, and then she had weight issues."

"That’s terrible."

Water brimmed the edge of his eyes.

"Alex, please don’t cry." I stated as he laid his head on my shoulder. Regardless of my begging, tears started to fall from his face. "She’s okay. She’s getting help."

"I don’t want to know that." He whispered, barely understandable. "I want to know that she’s fine."

"Alex, look at me." I instructed. "That’s not all I need to talk to you about."

"What else?" He sniffled.

"I’m still in love with Jack." I stated.

I could see his heart break all over again.

"Then why are you using me?" He questioned quickly, getting angry.

"You’re using me too!" I snapped. "And it’s not like I’m heartless, Alex. I came here to tell you that I love you too."

"You love me too?" He questioned. "How in the hell is that even possible?!"

"How in the hell can you care so much about Demi, but me too?" I questioned. "We’re in the same situation here, bub."

"So, you’re still in love with Jack, but you love me too?"

"Yeah."

"Well, damn, Aria!" Alex stated. "Why don’t you just be with me? Jack hasn’t spoken to you in like a month, and he clearly didn’t want anything to do with you."

I winced.

"Alex, can we not argue about this? You and I are just friends..."

"Friends don’t fuck and not feel something for the other." Alex stated bitterly.

"I know." I mumbled. "But, Jack...he..he loves me too, Alex."

"And I don’t?!" Alex snapped. "I do love you, Aria, I do!"

"But you love Demi more." I pointed out.

"But I can’t have Demi, and you can’t have Jack. So why can’t we just be together?!"

I looked at him as more tears began to fall down my face.

"Jack loves me, and I can have him back. If you would have gotten here sooner, you would have known that." I stated as I stood up. I was pissed off at him. "Jack came by and we talked. He misses me, Alex. Jack wants me back."

Alex sat there dumbfounded.

"What the fuck!" He yelled. "I thought that we were together?"

"I don’t know what we are, okay?!"

"Why can’t you make up your mind already?!"

"Because I don’t know who I want!" I stomped my foot out of anger. "I’m going to LA for a few days. I need to clear my head."

"Whatever." Alex rolled his eyes and sat down at the tree trunk. I started to cry harder, and I ran to his car. I quickly drove back to his house that he shared with Rian.

"Where’s Cass?" I asked Rian as soon as I entered the room.

"Uh...on her way to the airport right now." Rian stated. "She had to leave before I got back."

I nodded, and ran to Alex’s room. I gathered up my stuff as fast as possible could before I walked back out. Rian was standing there ,looking at me carefully.

"I did it, Ri." I shook my head, tears falling. "I got in too deep, and I can’t dig myself back out. Can you give me a ride to the airport? I want to go home."

"You are home, Aerie..."

"No, California is my home. I want to go home." I stated.

Rian nodded, and he stood up. We walked out of the house, and got into his car.

I just need to think.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aria's running again.... girls in my stories tend to do that. Not like I mean too on purpose. It just sort of happens. xD

You know the drill.... three comments. :)

- Rae <3