Status: Complete

This Love Was Accidental

No, I Said No.

"What about Alex?"

"He loves you, Demi. You know that right?"

She tried to smile.

"Then why did he do that with Lisa?"

"Because Lisa was there, and threw herself at him." I explained. "Alex never meant to hurt you. He’s an emotional wreck. I honestly believe that the guy is in love with you. It kills him that you’re dating Travis."

"Really?"

Sadness showed in her eyes.

"I wouldn’t lie about that. I’ve only seen Alex cry over three things in his life; Daniel, Lisa, and you." I stated. "Daniel because he was so close to him, Lisa because she broke his heart, and you because he misses you like hell."

"But...Lisa..."

"Lisa is Lisa. She will always have a special place in his heart, but his heart belongs to you now, Demi. I wish you could see that."

"I-I think that he needs to show me himself."

"That’s exactly what I told him." I stated. "I just came to tell you that, and to check up on you."

"Does Alex know?"

I nodded slowly.

"I told him this morning before I left Baltimore."

"Where you spending time with Jack?" She asked me.

"Not exactly..." I chuckled sadly.

I knew that I had to tell Demi. If I didn’t and she finds out later, it would crush our friendship.

"What do you mean?"

"Jack and I broke up about a month or so ago."

"Oh, really?"

I nodded.

"Demi, I have to tell you something. This is huge, and you have to promise not to hold it against Alex, okay?"

"I can’t...."

"Demi, you have to. If anything, hold it against me." I stated.

"You’re starting to scare me, Aria." Demi admitted. "Just tell me, okay?"

"Okay." I nodded in agreement. "So, the day you came to Alex’s house and we met, The night before we had a party."

She nodded in silence.

"Well, I yelled at Jack because he let me go, you know that story, and I wanted to get wasted." I explained. "Well, Alex being my best friend, decided that we should start drinking. We were beyond trashed, and we sort of...hooked up."

"Oh my God..." She cupped her hand over her mouth.

"And then we felt really awkward about it, and promised to never speak of it again." I stated quickly. "Anyone around us could tell that I was in love with Jack and Alex was in love with you. So it was just a casual fuck. Nothing more."

"Go on..." She trailed off.

"Well, Jack found out at the end of tour, and then he was acting weird when he came back to my house. Then he told me that he wanted nothing to do with me because I fucked his best friend. I didn’t mean for that to happen. Then after the break up, I was constantly wasted. Then Alex came to make sure that I was okay, but we just ended up...the same way as the first time. After a few days, we eventually became friends with benefits."

Demi winced apon hearing what I had said thus far.

"We’ve been doing that for a month before I went back to Baltimore. He forced me to go talk to Jack, and get him back. Alex wanted Jack and I together. A girl answered the door, and I freaked out so I left. I ended up staying at Rian and Alex’s house for three weeks. Alex and I continued our, whatever it was that we were, and then I found out that I had developed feelings for him. I’m not going to lie to you, Demi. I love Alex. I honestly do, but I love Jack too. I love Jack so fucking much. Jack came to me and asked me to take him back, but I couldn’t because I love Alex too. I talked to Alex about it. He loves me too." I paused. "But he loves you so much more that it isn’t even funny. He just wants to settle for me, because he thinks that he could never have you."

Demi sadly nodded.

"Demi, the guy is desperate to get you back. He’s so confused that he doesn’t know what to do. But he misses you like crazy. Alex loves you, and we all know it." I breathed. "As for me, I needed to get away because I don’t know who I want to be with."

I waited for her to reply.

It took her five minutes to gather what she was going to say.

"So, what you’re saying is, your decision is going to be based on who I want to be with? Travis or Alex?"

"In so many words, yes."

Demi shook her head.

"No."

"What?" I asked.

"I said no. I’m not going to be the deciding factor here. All I want is for Alex to be happy, and if you make him happy and he makes you happy, go for it. Be with Alex. If you want to be with Jack more, than be with Jack. Don’t drag me into this, Aria. I’m in rehab right now if you couldn’t tell." She stated. "It’s up to you, not me."

I groaned.

"I was afraid that you were going to say that."

She smiled sadly at me.

"I’m sorry. It’s your choice."

I nodded, and I hugged her.

"Get better so that you can get the hell out of her, and we can go shopping. Okay?"

"Okay." She laughed.

I pulled back and I waved at her.

"I’ll see you later, okay?"

"Okay. Bye, Arie."

"Bye, Dems." I replied as I finally walked out of her room. I still didn’t have a clue to who I wanted to be with, but I did feel different.

I felt like a weight had been lifted off of my shoulders.

And it felt great.
♠ ♠ ♠
Who do you guys think she will choose?! :)
Comments :)

- Rae <3