Status: Priority, at the moment.

In Your Shadow

Come As You Are

It was four in the morning when two dark figures hopped the fence of the Kusterbeck household in Port Saint Lucie, Florida, not making a sound as they crossed the yard, and made their way to the back porch- careful to skip the steps that creaked.

One of them suddenly stubbed their toe, and squealed.
The other shushed the one quickly, quietly smacking the back of their head.

"Be quiet!" The figure's whisper sounding vicious.

The other pushed the figure, and caused them to stumble- straight into a table, knocking a glass onto the ground- landing with a loud crash.

"Shit, Sierra look what you did!" The second figure snapped quietly, pulling 'Sierra' up.
"Me?! You pushed me Hazel!" Sierra growled, brushing off her jeans, and tugging on her tank top.

"Well you should have braced yourself you whimp!" Hazel quipped, pushing past Sierra to get to the back door of the house, carefully peeking inside.
Sierra huffed, and followed Hazel.

"I don't think they heard anything." Hazel whispered, noticing her sister's reflection behind her.
Might as well been her own, seeing that the two were identicle twins.

"They take sleeping pills, Hazel, of course they didn't." Sierra retorted, her voice dripping with annoyance.
Hazel squinted her eyes in thought, then turned to look at her sister.

"So, there was no need to crawl out of the window." She said, glaring at her sister. "Or sneak back here. Because they can't fucking hear us, you dumbass!"

Sierra imitated her sister as Hazel turned back around, and opened the sliding glass door quietly, stepping inside.

This hadn't been the first time the two had snuck out of the house on a school night.

The two made it up the stairs, and into their room.
They both changed into their night clothes quietly, and slipped into their own beds on opposite sides of the room from each other.

Just as Hazel was about to fall asleep, Sierra called her name.

"Yes, Sierra?" Hazel sighed, rolling over in her bed.

Sierra was sitting up in bed, looking out the window next to her bed.
"You remember how I was talking about going to try out for that band?" She asked her sister.

Hazel replied with a grunt. Sierra understood it was a yes.
Hazel could have stayed silent, and she would have known she remembered.

"I'm going to do it." She said, looking at Hazel, who still had her face buried in a pillow.

"And you want me to drive you there." Hazel said, her voice muffled.

Sierra chuckled a little bit.
"If you want." She took one last look outside the window, and then layed down, getting underneath the pristine white sheets. "I just get this feeling that this would be missing something great if I passed this up." She sighed.

Hazel agreed silently, her eyes closing, and her breathing becoming slow and even.
She was asleep, and her sister remained awake. Imagining her future.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes? No?