Status: COMPLETED. Please read and comment :)

Tear Tracks Forever

Tear Tracks Forever Chapter 19 (Last Chapter)

I stood by the pier, my long black hair pushed back by the soft spray of the ocean and cool breezes. Looking back on that summer, I didn’t even remember the stupid girl I’d been before. I’d learned so much this summer from my experiences and memories.

And, of course, all the tears. Tears fueled by laughter. Tear tracks because of sadness. Tears because of shock. Frustration. Tears caused my memories. Memories caused my tears. Old memories that still stung fresh. And, symbolic tears that were always there. I was crying symbolic tears all the time. Even right now. My symbolic tears were my expressions, my deep feelings inside.

And there was, of course, love. True love can’t be defined. It has no shape, color, or texture. It’s whatever you want it to be, whatever you feel. That was Alex and I. Our love. Our love wasn’t perfect, there was times when we doubted it. There was also times when I loved him more than I can’t express. Because, of course, true love can’t be defined. Especially not in one emotion. Everybody has their own type of love.

I turned to see Alex behind me and he tucked a stray strand of hair behind my ear, touching my cheek. He glanced at me and soundlessly, wiped the tear tracks from my cheeks. I hadn’t even realized I was crying.

Nothing else really mattered anymore. Sure, we would always be interested in material things and possessiveness, but sometimes I just wanted to lose track of time and watch the wind go by. I wanted to be real. And I could be real around Alex, because he understood me. He understood I wasn’t crying because I was sad, happy, or frustrated. I was just simply…crying.

Alex and I walked down to the water, hand in hand. I let myself free in the water and swam out
to where the water reached my neck and back. The tides were coming in, the waves growing rougher. I waded in up to my waist, and splashed Alex, who was staring out at the setting sun. I gripped his strong shoulders, pressing my lips to the back of his shoulder. He grinned, turning around and splashing me back. Leaning in, he picked me up bridal style and kissed me as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

Looking back, I would never regret falling in love with Alex that summer. Or the innumerable tears of memories. Tear filled memories flashed past me. The many times I’d tried to wipe away the tear tracks on my cheeks. Tear tracks caused my memories and hurt. Tear tracks forever.

The End.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tear Tracks Forever is over. Of course, i would still love new readers and commenters. please?
Lol, well, I'll miss this story. I might start a new one, but there will be no sequel to this story This. is. it. well, i hope you enjoy!
I love u guys <3
xoxo,
alisha.