Status: Active

A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes

Chapter 7

The six o clock alarm goes off way too quickly. I groggily try to press the snooze button, but I only succeed to knock some cologne and Kleenex onto the floor.

"Turn this damn thing off," I mutter under my breath. I guess the alarm clock Gods didn't hear me, because the freaking thing refused to stop its obnoxious beeping. Slowly, I get up from the king sized bed and turn off the alarm clock. I start to make the bed back up when I realize there's a tiny puddle of drool where my head just was. As if I needed something else to be embarrassed about.

I walk into the kitchen and I see from the corner of my eye that Jake is still sound asleep, snoring like an engine. It's kind of adorable, in all honesty. I walk over to the couch, which has been pulled out into a queen sized bed. I desperately want to climb in and snuggle with the man lying in it, but I know that's out of order. I gently place my hand on his shoulder, shaking it slowly in an effort to wake him up. He lets out a grunt and rolls over, snuggling deeper in the covers. I look over at the stove clock, which now reads 6:25. I know we have to leave by 7 to get to school on time, and my mom radar kicks in.

"Come on, Jake. Wake up now. We're going to be late to school."

"I don't want to go to school," he complains."Can't I just stay here?"

"No," I say pointedly. "You need to go to school so you can learn and...stuff."

"No, I don't. I can stay here with you all day if I want to." With that, Jake rolls over and gives me a sexy look, pulling me onto the couch with him. I let out a squeal, followed by a fit of giggles. He wraps his strong arms around my stomach, pulling me so he's in the position of the 'big spoon.' His arms glide down to my legs, and I get huge butterflies. The only guy I've ever done anything with is Alex, and thinking about him nearly makes me sick. I start to turn around to tell Jake he's moving too fast when he spins me faster than I could spin myself and presses his lips against mine. I move my hands around his neck, feeling his curly hair mesh between my fingers. He pushes his tongue slowly into my mouth, and I let out a moan. I forgot how much I love this feeling; being loved. Jake pulls away, amused by my sound effects.

"Damn, Morgan. You're not exactly a silent movie, are you?"

My face turns red as I answer,

"Why don't you find out for yourself?"

Jake laughs, moving so he's on top of me. We keep kissing as the vital minutes of morning pass away. He moves his hand under my shirt, so it's touching my bare stomach. I get tingles as he runs his pointer finger over my belly button ring. He inched his hand up, pleasantly surprised that I'm not wearing a bra. He stops suddenly, as if waiting for me to tell him no. I keep my mouth shut and he goes back to what he was doing. I guess I was too lost in the moment to remember the exact moment my shirt came off, but I didn't care. I run my hands over his back, which is just that: his back. Jake was only sleeping in boxers.

Something inside me changes, almost to the point where I normally start to worry. I hate change, you see, and this is nothing like when Alex and I used to hook up. I don't know what the difference is, but I think I might like it.

Jake flips me around so I'm on top of him, and my breathing gets awfully heavy. He runs his hands down my back, onto my butt. I don't say anything, because for once I don't feel like I'm being analyzed. I don't feel fat, or self-conscious. I just feel me. He slips the shorts he gave me off, and I can feel the exposure as I wish I was wearing more sexy underwear. I gave up on that after Alex and I broke up, but I really wish I hadn't. Jake doesn't seem surprised or disappointed or anything, though, so I let the thought pass. He then goes to remove his boxers, and I must of looked like my eyes were about to pop out of my head because he just stopped.

"Am I moving too fast?" he asked.

"No, no, I just... I wasn't thinking that... You're so...No, you're fine."

"Okay..." he looked confused, so I locked my lips against his again. 'Wow,' I'm thinking. 'Just wow.'

The only barrier between us is my blue and green striped underwear, which he doesn't even try to take off. I move my hands down to my hips, and begin to slide it off when a much larger hand stops me.

"No, Morgan. I'm not sleeping with you."

"What?" I ask, incredibly confused. I mean, it's not like I'm that easy or anything, but why would he take off all my clothes if he wasn't going to sleep with me?

"I wanted to see your boundaries. And now I know. But I don't believe in sex before love."

In the midst if my utter confusion, something else went off inside me. This kid that everyone thought was bad news, everyone thought was such a bad ass? He was a gentlemen.