Doves on Fire

Sadye Way.

My mom picked me up the next day. It was a week later and I was once again in the hospital.
To adopt that baby.
My mom prepared to help me. She was worried, but she helped me anyway.

-Flashback-

"Mom?" I called. "I need some help."

"Yes?"

"I wanna adopt a baby."

It was then she bopped me on the head.

"Ow ..."

"You can barely take care of yourself now a baby!?"

"Mom she needs me. 9/11 screwed both of us over. It made her an orphan and me depressed. It's like faith mom."

"We need a crib for her then."

"We can use Mikey's old cradle, and I'll buy some more baby stuff when she's here. Please mom? Pleasepleaseplease!"

"... Fine."

+End+

"Hi we are looking for a baby?" My mom asked the matarnity ward nurse.

"You's?" she asked.

"Well him," my mom pointed to me.

We handed her my records. She looked them down.

"Suicide attempt?' she asked. "You slit your wrists?"

"Accident. I'ma artists. Sometimes I hurt mmyself by accident. Like when the canvas is too hard, sometimes the tools would slip. I got rid of them once this happened." Not a total lie. My art tools had hurt me before, and I got rid of the sharp ones.

"... College education ... lives alone ... Art school drop out ... comic book shop employee. Who will watch the baby while your at work?" she asked.

"I will. Or his brother," my mom said.

The nurse looked at us. "I'll bring you to the orphans."

"I know which one I want. When I was here I saw her."

"Which one?" the nurse asked.

"The one with the violet eyes. She was born on 9/11," I said.

The nurse nodded. "Follow me."

xXxXxXx

The nurse handed me my baby. My baby.

I smiled down at her. And I swear she smiled back.

:Just somepaperwork needs to be done. Sign here, here, and here. And her birth certificate," the nurse handed me the papers.

I signed at all the right places.

"You have a name for her?" My mom asked.

"Yes," and I signed the birth Certificate:

Sadye Way