Doves on Fire

New Faces

"Good night sweet," I whispered, putting Sadye downfor the night.

I went into my room and changed into pjammys. Then I heard Sadye wail.
I ran into her room to see her standing in her crinb crying.

"Hey baby what's wrong? Look you're standing!" I picked her up. Once I did, she put her hair on my shoulder and stopped crying.

"What? You were lonely? Yea sometimes I felt like that too. It's good to have someone else in the house," I whispered.

She wiggled too get comfy. I rubbed her back.

"Wanna go back to your crib? Get some sleep?" I asked her. She gave me a big sigh in response.

"You wanna sleep with me?" I asked. All I got was a giggle. I smiled and took us back to my room.

xXxXxXx

I was playing with Sadye when it happened. It was storming, but I heard someone pounding on my door. I picked up Sadye and went to answer.
And she was soaking wet.

"Excuse me?" I asked.

"Please, I have nowhere to stay," she said.

I nodded and let her in.

"Thanks, no one else let me in," she shivered.

"No problem, hold on I'll get you some clothes," I put Sadye down and got some clothes. Then I heard Sadye cry. The cry went as some as it came. I ran inside.
When I came back, the girl was rocking Saye back and forth, pputting her to sleep.

"She wanted me to hold her," she shrugged.

"Aw. I'm Gerard."

"Kacey. Thanks again."

"No prob. Again."

We went to the couch and I put Sadye in her room. Am I wrong for trusting too much?

xXxXxXx

I woke up to the smell of waffles. Yum! Waffles!
I walked out to my kitchen and saw Kacey making waffles and Sadye laughing in her high chair.

"Mornin' Kacey," I said. "Mornin' Sadye," I kissed her head.

"Mornin' Gerard. Waffles?" Kacey asked.

"Yes please. You didn;t have to do this," I said.

"I owe ya."

"Well I can't argue to waffles," I said as I wolfed down two. Kacey laughed.

"Didya taste them?"

"Yes they were delish," I grinned. I glanced at the clock. 8:00. Shit. I got an hour before work.

"Umm my mom's gonna come in a half hour to watch Sadye. I got work," I said.

"I can watch her if you want. I got nowhere else to go."

"Nowhere? At all?"

She shook her head. "I kinda ..."

"Don't say no more, you can chill with my mom!" I said.

"Okay!"