Seventy Times Seven

Chapter 13

Franks POV

I sat on the floor of Mikey's living room, owning him insanely at Mario Racing.

"Dude I hope this is embarassing," I said with a smirk.

He cringed slightly as he hit a banana peel. "Fuck.."

"Micheal, language," Donna said sternly. She was decorating the Christmas tree with multi-coloured lights.

"Yea Micheal," I said quietly as he shoved me.

He pushed pause. "Lets ditch this popsicle stand. I want a drink."

I jumped up and helped him up as we headed towards the kitchen. Most people would think it was weird that a Junior was hanging out with a Freshman, but they don't understand. Mikeys cool. Besides, its not like I didn't talk to Gerard when I came over, but I was mainly here to talk to Mikey.

I had always talked to Mikey about any problems I had. He was always there to tell me when I needed to break it off with some chick or if my parents were being stupid. Gerard was my best friend yea, but Mikey had a way with words. He always seemed to have great advice.

"Can I talk to you about something?" I asked as I sat down at the table and stared out the window.

"Sure thing Frankie. Whats up?"

I fought with the words in my head. Trying to think of how to say it without it being totally embarrassing. "I have this problem.."

He popped open his soda and took a drink. Then glanced at the white atmosphere outside the window. Fucking snow..

"Theres this friend I have.. And..I like them..I think.. But it would never work." I was pondering whether or not I should use 'them' instead of 'her'. If I said 'her' he would immediately know who it was. But since I said 'them', he probably thinks I'm gay..

Gerard walked in, "Hey Frankie, whats up?"

"Nothin really," I said glancing at Mikey who was grabbing a sheet of paper and scribbling something down as Gerard grabbed a pop tart.

He slid the paper across the table over to me.

Why wouldn't it work?

I motioned for his pencil, Gerard still watching the toaster intently, waiting on it to give him his pop tarty goodness.

He handed me the pencil, but I didn't know what to say. Agh, he'd figure it out anyway.

Because I used to be really mean to her. Theres no possible way she could ever like me.

I handed him the paper and rolled the pencil back to him.

Gerards pop tart jumped from the toaster. He grabbed a paper towel and tossed it on it. "Later Frank," he replied, walking back down to the basement.

I didn't say anything back though. I was too busy staring at the expression on Mikeys face as he scribbled something else down underneath.

He was smiling like mad. He slid the paper back to me.

Well, do you love her?

I wrote back. If I knew this I wouldn't be talking to you right now. I don't know. It's just..scary. I was thinking of taking her to a Black Flag concert over in Newark in January. Kind of as a Christmas present or something. What do you think? Should I?

He read it. "Does she like Black Flag?" he asked quietly as he wrote down more.

"Yea.." I mumbled as he handed it back.

You either love her or you don't Frankie. Theres no grey areas.

"Sounds good to me then. They're awesome live. Me and Gerard went to see them once," he replied taking another drink.

I laid my head down on the table, my hands in my lap, and sighed. "I'm so fucking confused, I hate this. Why can't I just hate her."

He smacked me in the back of the head. "Don't fucking say that or I'll murder you. You don't mean that."

"I really like her though Mikey! How can I like her so much if I tried to kill her last week?!"

Gerard came through the kitchen to grab a bottle of water. "Hey Mikes, I'm headed over to Rays. You two wanna come with?"

"No thanks," I mumbled into the table.

He stopped, "Whats up with him?"

"Nothing. Stomach. I think we'll hang it here. Later Gee."

He left and I glanced at the clock. It said seven thirty. We had already eaten a box of macaroni as I owned him on Mario Racing, and I had been managing to bypass this conversation until now.

"Anyway," Mikey started again. "Just go with it Frank. Do you think she likes you?"

I thought it through. "Iduno..maybe.." I smiled. "Either that or shes a serious flirt."

"And shes not," Mikey replied quickly.

I picked up my head. "What if shes thinking of like, just good friends though? That'd be embarrassing.."

"Does she treat you like she treats Gerard? They're pretty good friends.."

I thought about it again. "No not really.. Well..agh, I dont know!"

Mikey just smiled, as if he already knew the answer. "Just go with your insticts Frank. Don't second guess yourself. You're a pretty smart guy when it comes to this stuff."

I sighed, "Yea, and thats why I'm completely confused out of my mind," I mumbled, folding the paper up and stuffing it in my pocket.

Chelseas POV

I finished cleaning his house. I gave up on finding a lyric book after a while. He's either very sneaky, or hes keeping them in his head.

At around five thirty Linda came home. She chatted with me about Christmas and what I was doing. I didn't tell her about my mom not being home, just told her the normal stuff.

She began putting Christmas decorations up and asked if I already had mine up.

"Nah, moms not home very often, and I'm not a very christmas-y person. I don't do the whole 'decorations' thing."

She looked at me like I was stupid. "You're kidding, right?"

I smiled at her expression. "No, seriously. It's just not me."

She smiled and went back to putting up the tree. "Well here in the Iero household, we take Christmas very seriously."

I suddenly hoped she didn't tell Frank about me not putting up decorations.

After I finished cleaning the house, Mrs. Iero paid me my forty bucks and I went out and hopped in my car. It was about seven thirty and my stomach was growling. I drove home, thinking of making a salad for dinner when I saw someone walking down the sidewalk.

Its normal for people to walk down the sidewalks, but this one caught my eye. Whoever it was was alone, and they were spinning in circles, with their hands over their ears, talking!

I got out of my car and got a better look, and realized it was JB.

"JB?" I asked, running over to her when I was sure it was her. "Dude what the hell are you doing."

"Please stop please stop please stop please stop," she said over and over. Her eyes were closed tight with tears streaming down them, her hands over her ears and she kept spinning as she paced down the sidewalk.

It freaked my out, I grabbed her by her shoulders. "JB what the hell?!"

Her eyes popped open and she stared at me scared. "Chelsea! Oh please don't let them get me!" she cried as she wrapped her arms around me.

It was really weird. "What? Who?!" I asked hastily. Confused that she was suddenly talking so much and squishing me.

"Them!" she yelled pointing behind me down the sidewalk. I turned around though, and there was nobody there.

"Where are they?" I asked confused. "JB I don't see anybody.."

"They arent real they arent real they arent real," she started repeating, her hands over her ears. "Please stop please stop!"

"JB what the FUCK?!"

She started running down the sidewalk. I did the only thing I could think to do. I chased after her.

I called after her, telling her to stop, but she just kept running. I chased her for a few blocks until I couldn't see her anymore. Stopping next to an alley, I leaned against the wall, gasping for air. I can normally run really far, but she managed to outrun me.

It was dark outside. The street lights illuminated the wall to wall shops. And it was a Thursday so there weren't many people out. I remember my dad telling me when I was little, Never walk around Jersey alone Chelsea Mae. It's not meant for pretty girls like you..

I smirked. Glad that I wasnt pretty.

Sure enough though, I felt someone put there arm across my shoulders since I was already leaning against the wall. "Give me your money."

I rolled my eyes and shoved him. "Fuck off." It was common for people to do stuff like that. Most of the time it was just some college guys doing a dare, or some homeless guy that felt like having a spurt of rebellion. Sometimes if that happened you could just shove them away and sound confident and they'd leave you alone.

I wasnt so lucky though. He threw me to the ground and pulled out a gun. "Fucking give me your money or I'll blow your brains all over the sidewalk!"

Now I was scared. I said the first thing that came to mind. "I dont have any!"

"Bullshit," he hissed, and hit me across the face with his gun. I groaned in pain, my face was already fucked enough...

A car was driving by, but then it stopped. They guy looked up over at it as I heard a car door shut. He immediately ran off, and I looked over to see Gerard running over by me.

"Fuck Chelsea are you ok? Did he take anything?"

"No," I mumbled, my head throbbing. "I'm ok."

He sat down next to me and pulled me into him. "Are you ok? Did he hit you?"

"Mhm.." I muttered, slightly dizzy. I closed my eyes and laid my head on his shoulder. I felt like sleeping..

"No no none of that you gotta stay awake. Whatd he do?" he urged. He was seriously scared..

"He hit me," I mumbled, "With his gun.. I'm ok though." Then I remembered why I was here. "JB..did you see her?"

His face looked confused. "Who?"

"JB she was..running," I struggled to talk. My head hurt so bad, and my words were mixing.

"I dont know I didnt see anybody. Don't worry about it right now though, I'm gonna take you home.." He picked me up with ease and walked me over to his car, placing me in the passengers seat.

As soon as he got in his phone was out. First it sounded like he was talking to Ray..something about him not coming over.. I guess he was headed to Rays. But then he called Mikey. After he hung up he smirked.

"What?" I asked, fighting not to fall asleep.

"I think our little Frankies gonna have a hernia.."

I groaned, "I'm ok I swear..."

"Yea well he demanded to meet us at your house. Sorry." He replied still smiling. "Guess you guys hit it off well?"

I just smiled. "Yea, I love that kid."

He didn't say anything else, but I could tell he was smiling. I honestly didn't care how he interpreted it.

We pulled in to my driveway and my door opened before Gerard could stop the car. "Damn Frank, calm down before you kill her," Gerard said, turning it off.

I felt two strong arms wrap around me and Frank pulled me out and sat me on my feet. He held my face in my hands. "Chelsea! Are you ok?!"

"Dammit I'm fine! I just want..sleep. Fuck, my head!" I complained as it throbbed. He pulled me into a hug, holding onto me tightly. I could see Mikey behind him as Gerard walked up to my house.

He walked me up to my house. Gerard had already turned on the lights and was getting my pillow and putting it on the couch. "Lay down over there."

"I'm fucking ok!"

"The Gerard says lay down. You lay down," Frank replied, picking me up and placing me on the sofa. I smirked at the fact that these guys were taking care of me. Gerard was seriously acting like an older brother..

He brought me some asprin and a glass of water. "Take these, then I wanna take a look."

I did as I was told, knowing that if I tried to fight it I wouldn't get anywhere. I took the pills then laid back down, moving my hair so he could see. They both cringed. "Fuck Chels, theres a huge ass welt."

"It fucking hurts," I groaned as it throbbed somemore.

"Do you think she has a concussion?" Frank asked Gerard as he moved my hair around more.

"Doubt it, but anythings possible. Wait a couple days then we'll see what it does," he replied in a doctorly tone. It made me smile a little. Mikey came over with a thing of ice and a towel, and I held it to my head gratefully. "Do you need anything else?"

"Seriously you guys I'm fine. I'll probably just sleep and skip school tomorrow," I said, closing my eyes drowsily.

Gerard and Mikey exchanged glances, trying to decide whether or not to trust my judgement. "Alright, I guess we'll leave you alone then. Call us if you need anything Chels, seriously," Mikey replied as Gerard stood up. "Do you need a ride Frank?"

"Nah I'll walk home, thanks." He hadn't broken his stare at me since we got here.

Mikey scoffed. "Bullshit! As if we're gonna let you walk home after this! Gerard can leave his car and ride home with me, yea?" he said, looking over at Gerard.

"Yea dude, we'll leave the key under the floorboard. Don't be fucking walking around Jersey by yourself dammit! I'll hurt you!" Gerard said jokingly, giving me a hug.

"Yea sorry, it wont happen again I promise," I said into his shoulder. "Thanks."

"No problem. We won't ever let them get you." He let go as he and Mikey left.

Frank stared at me, as if he was fighting saying something.

"Thanks..for your help," I said slowly. His expression was really undescribable.

"Psht, I'm not going anywhere."

"What?"

"As if I'm gonna leave you here by yourself after that!"

I rolled my eyes, "Frankie I stay at my house every day by myself pretty much. I'm sure I'll be ok."

"Yes, but you're delirious. I'm staying," he said with a smile. I decided to quit argueing. I sat cross legged on the couch, holding the ice to my head, as he sat on the floor looking up at me. "Is there anything at all I can do?"

I looked up at the ceiling thoughtfully, remembering that I was starving. "Actually, when I got home, I was seriously considering a salad, you any good at that kinda thing?"

"Dude, its salad, and I'm vegetarian. Of course I am," he replied jumping up and running off to the kitchen.

I smiled. Gerard was like my brother, Mikey..well..my brothers brother (friend pretty much). But Frankie was like.. I don't know. Its hard to describe. He fought to make me happy, when he didnt have to. He was there when I needed him, and when I didn't. He made me smile when I didn't need it. He made me laugh when I was happy.

And I loved it.

He came back with two plates of salad. I laid down and propped myself up on my elbow, holding the ice against my head, and eating with my other arm.

"Lets watch a movie!" he said all excitedly.

"Oooh Dawn of the Dead," I said pointing to the stack of movies over by the corner. "I love that movie."

"Me too," he said running over and grabbing it. He put it in the VCR, turned the lights off and sat down on the floor in front of me.

We both munched on the salads as the commercials started, then I remembered JB. "Oh hey, do you remember that JB chick from Gym?"

"Yea, what about her?" he asked looking back at me.

"Well, I think she was seeing people. Like, when I came home, she was running around and had her hands over her ears and crying. She told me 'not to let them get her' and shit. But there was nobody there. Then she started running and I chased her. Thats why I was out by myself, I lost her. But dude I think shes insane. She was seriously like, crying and really scared."

"Whoa..thats weird.. Maybe we can talk to her tomorrow. Or you can since she obviously doesnt like me.." he replied, looking back to the tv.

"Yea I guess.." I took a couple more bites of my salad. It was actually pretty good for a guy.

It was a few minutes into the movie and my food was gone. Frank was done too and he watched as people were slowly turning into zombies. I was lying on the couch and he was sitting in front of me. His black hair laying smoothly, barely touching his shirt. Involuntarily I reached out and touched it. It was soft, and fun to play with. I twisted it around my fingers gently and pulled away, letting it fall back into place.

He leaned his head back, so I decided that meant it was ok. After a second he tilted his head back so he was looking at me upside down. "You like my hair?"

I smiled, "Yes actually I kind of love it."

He smirked, "Kind of?"

"Meh, thats putting it mildly I guess."

He laughed and, stayed like that. He bit his lip for a second, looking around the couch. Then looked back at the tv.

I couldn't help but laugh. "Frankie.."

"Yea?" he asked, looking back up.

I sat up, "Get up here."

He jumped up happily and sat on the couch, wrapping his arms around me as I laid back down against his chest. He still smelled just as good, and his arms were warm around me, making me forget about my throbbing headache.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bahahaha. I decided to combine the two chapters I thought I'd have into one. So now we have one uber-long one. Wooteth! Sorry if that bugs anybody. =/

Now go comment about how much you want Chelsea and Frank to get together already ;)