Seventy Times Seven

Chapter 16

Monday, Fourth Hour Gym Class, Chelseas POV

Taking off my shirt and jeans, I pulled on a pair of basketball shorts and a Grateful Dead t-shirt. JB walked in and tossed her school bag behind the bench.

"Dude ok, what was up with Thursday?" I asked, as I tied my red chucks.

She didn't say anything, she just pulled off her shirt and jacket and put on black and red baseball tee.

I sighed, "Come on JB it really freaked me out," I halfway whined. It's irritating when she doesnt talk.

She pulled off her jeans and put on a pair of black basketball shorts that pretty much matched mine. She chewed on one of her lip rings for a second as she slid on her black canvas vans. "I'll tell you in detention," she barely said.

"You have detention too?" I asked as we walked out to the gym.

She just nodded, "Monday and Wednesday."

We got out to the gym and the guys coach came in, followed by the guys gym class.

Mrs. Pierce walked over to him, obviously not knowing what was going on. He said something and she pointed to the balconies, and nodded.

Then she walked over to us, "Ok girls. The guys are gonna be playing with us today because they downstairs gym is being used for the Christmas dance. They'll be doing stairs up in the balcony then when we're done warming up they'll be playing dodgeball with us. Alright, five laps then come back here for stretches!"

We started jogging around the gym as we heard the guys coach start giving them commands. "Alright guys, we're gonna be playing dodgeball with the girls. The guys will be divided shirts verse skins-"

"Do the girls have to take their shirts off too?" somebody smirked.

"Not quite Mr. Morris, now, when I call your name throw your shirt against the wall and start running stairs. Six laps around the south balcony."

We kept jogging, one lap down. I smiled. Frank without his shirt would have to be pretty sexy. I laughed a little, then listened for his name.

"Bradshaw, Iero, Morris, Stevens, Wilson, and Zacks. Ok everybody, back over here when you're finished!"

I watched as Frank, his friend Corey, and few other guys pulled off their shirts and everyone jogged up to the balcony, going up and down the stairs. I'm glad we dont have to do that.

After we were done we went over to where Mrs. Pierce was standing. She was tall and skinny and had dark hair that went to her shoulders. She was probably fifty but she acted like she was twenty.

"Ok ladies, just do some stretches while we wait for the guys to finish. I'll divide you up in teams. We're not gonna do girls verses guys because we know guys get more into it and they'd probably win," she said with a smile. "Besides, I bet you guys have no objections to being on a team with boys."

We all sat down and started doing leg stretches, and JB sat next to me. "Dalton is so hot without his shirt," Madison said from a few feet away.

"Dude look at Frank? I'm so going to the Christmas dance with him.." Kasee said back.

What?!

I frowned. I remember one day during lunch he said that he didn't do dances when Mikey said he was going to ask that Alicia girl. He hadn't said anything about it since..

"Oh my god really? He is so hot. You're so lucky," Samantha replied.

Hayley rolled her eyes, "He's not that great you guys. Get over yourselves."

Madison glared at her, "Hayley, just because you dated him and he broke up with you doesn't mean that we have to hate him too."

I smirked, remembering the beginning of this year. Even I could tell that he hated her. Actually, Gerard and Mikey (now that I know their names) were at his house the Wednesday that they finally convinced him to break up with her. That made me laugh, I feel cool now, since I was there.

I looked up in the stands. Out of the six shirtless guys, Frank definately looked the best. Yea Dalton Zacks looked ok, but he was anorexically thin. Corey Morris was ripped definately, which is cool yea, but I wouldn't call it 'hot'. He also had 'Morris' tattooed down his back. Something about tradition or whatever. He always seemed cool, but just like everyone else, he never noticed me. Chris Stevens..agh, of all the people to pick for skins.. He probably weighed two fifty and his fat shook when he ran. And Darren Wilson? Massive body hair.

Frank. He was small, and fit. He wasnt built like Corey, but he wasn't any Chris Stevens either. He was wearing a pair of black basketball shorts that had a red stripe down the sides, and black and white Etnies. His long, straight black hair bounced a little as he jogged, and he kept up to the front, around third or fourth really.

"Ok girls, when I call your name go to the the left side of the court. Azure, David, Hall, Manson, Page, and Taylor. The rest of you go to the right," Mrs. Pierce said, interupting my Frank analysis.

We all got up and JB grabbed Samantha Azure and shoved her to the other side of the court.

"Hey! What the hell?!"

JB replied quietly, "You're over there."

Samantha looked at her like she was stupid, but then Madison quickly called after her and she ran to the other side.

I laughed, "What was that about?"

"I wanna be on your team."

Hayley David, Kaitlyn Taylor, Alex Hall, and McKayla Page all stuck together as I waited to see which guys were gonna be on our team.

Please be Franks team please be Franks team..

They finished their stairs and met up with their coach, and sure enough, skins were on our team.

JB leaned over to me, "That Frank guy isnt hanging out with us is he?"

"Yea. He's like my best friend. He's really cool dude, you should get to know him." She narrowed her eyes. I hate to tell her, but she needs to give him a chance if she wants me to like her.

He ran over to us, "Hey Chelsea Mae. JB.." He noticed her evil stare.

I just rolled my eyes, "Whats up? Oh and hey, Kasee Benson is under the impression you're taking her to the Christmas dance?"

He smacked his face, "God dammit she asked me and I told her no!"

I laughed. I knew something was up. "Don't worry about it. Just don't go and she'll be embarassed and look like she got stood up."

Mrs. Pierce blew the whistle and everyone started throwing dodgeballs everywhere (well, mainly guys, and few of the girls).

I participated, more or less. It was more of a joke, since I'm weak and I can't throw very hard. The guys are always really good at that. I never got out, because I'm small so it was hard to hit me hehe. Frank pretty much had skills too and never got out. Corey got smashed in the face and we both almost died laughing.

Frank paid more attention to me than any of the other chicks (obviously). It was kind of awesome, because I always knew Frank as being somewhat of a flirt if some chick came up to him and started talking to him. But now, if Alex or Kaitlyn said something to him, he'd say something back then say something to me. And they kind of hated me so theyd go away. I don't think he meant for them to, he was just trying to be nice. It made me smile.

We owned them, and we went back to change. I didn't shower, nobody did. We didn't really do anything, so we weren't that sweaty.

"You covered for me," I heard a quiet voice say from behind me as I pulled my jeans back on.

I turned around. "Yea. You're new and I've been in fights before. I didn't want you to get a mark like that on your record just because Madison was born a bitch," I said, unnecisarily loud.

She just smirked, "Don't worry. My records permanently fucked."

I didn't say anything. I figured that could go along with what she was gonna tell me in detention. I pulled on my Iron Maiden shirt and sat down on the bench to lace up my chucks.

When the bell rang I left and Frankie was the first to meet me. "Hey, lunch detention yea?"

"Agh, don't remind me."

He just smiled. "It'll be fun."

That reminded me. "Oh hey. JB's got lunch detention too. Just on Monday and Wednesday though."

He frowned, "What?! I thought you covered for her."

"Well I did, but I guess she got in trouble for being part of it. But dude chill, she really is cool. I don't know why shes such a bitch to you," I replied, shoving some stuff in a locker. I gave him two bucks, "Here, go buy me a granola bar and a can of Mountain Dew and you'll meet me in Clarks room yea?"

He rolled his eyes. "Sure sure."

We had told Gerard that I had lunch detention, and Frank told him he'd hang with me while I was there. Of course he didn't care. Gerards under this impression that we're gonna get married or something. Jeez, as if Frank even likes me.

I plopped down in a desk in Mr. Clarks room. "Chelsea Manson?"

"Yea," I replied as he wrote something down.

"Where's Ja-"

"JB," she said quickly from the doorway.

"Nelson?"

"Yea." She sat down in the desk behind me.

We all sat there in silence, waiting for the bell to ring. He was reading something, then he looked up at us. "Do neither of you eat?"

JB shook her head as I mumbled, "Not hungry."

The bell rang and he finished what he was reading. Then he got up, "I'm going to eat lunch. Don't tell Mr. Scotts or we'll both get in trouble. I'm going to have Mrs. Jackson making sure no one leaves though. So no sneaky stuff. Just hang out here until lunch is over, and don't destroy the place."

We both nodded, as he grabbed his coat and left.

I whirled around in my seat, "Explain yourself."

She chewed on her lip ring some more. Then sighed, "I have-" then she stopped and glared at the doorway. I turned around and saw Frank walking it. He had two bags of chips, two cans of pop, and my granola bar. He set my granola bar, a bag of chips and a soda on my desk.

I glared up at him, "All I wanted was the granola bar and the pop."

"I like to stay on Gerards good side," he replied, setting my two dollars on the desk.

I just glared at him for another second, then turned back to JB. "You were saying?"

But she had moved. She was sitting a few rows over reading a book.

Frank scoffed, "What the hell did I do to you?!"

"Frank don't. JB come on you were going to explain..?"

She looked at me, then back up at Frank, then back down to her book.

I got an idea. I grabbed my notebook and a pencil and walked over to her. "You don't have to talk, but I want to know."

She looked at the paper for a second. Then Frank came over and she glared up at him, then back at her book.

"Frank go over there for a second," I said, pointing to the opposite corner of the room.

"What did I do?!"

"Nothing just do it!"

He rolled his eyes then went across the room, leaning against the wall with his arms folded.

She chewed on her lip again, then grabbed the paper.

I have schizophrenia.

I looked at her confused. "What the fuck is that?"

She glared at me, then went to say something and stopped, looking at Frank.

Look it up.

I stared at her for a second. "Why wont you talk while he's here?"

She grabbed the pen again. I don't talk while any guys are around. And it's hard to explain.

Totally confused. "Is there any way you can explain that better?"

She glared up at me. Her short spikey, pixey cut hair matched her look. One of her snake bites becoming slightly red around the edges cause she chewed on it so much.

She sighed and grabbed the pen and began writing again.

It's a mental personality disorder. I see and hear things that arent there. I don't speak to your friend because he does not like me.

I looked over at him. "What makes you think that? He'd like you if you weren't so mean to him.."

No. You don't get it. It's different for everyone with Skitz. For me, a lot of times, when I meet someone, I see them again. So like, I could say that your friend and few other people were following me Thursday and trying to hurt me.

What the fuck.

After she saw my expression, she started writing again.

When I meet someone, my brain makes me think that they're trying to hurt me later. It's worse when I don't know much about them or if I know they hate me, because then it's easier to picture them hurting me. Therefore, I don't speak to people, or I hate people for hurting me. Everyone hates me because I'm different anyways.

"But you talk to me.."

You were nice to me. I haven't ever seen you hurt me.

"Frank wasnt mean to you.. He hardly says anything to you."

She flipped the paper over. Its more common for guys to judge me and be mean to me, so naturally I'm rude to guys.

I stared at her. Wow this chick has so much history behind her. Then I got an idea. "Wait, so if you knew more about Frank, than you wouldn't see him hurting you anymore, so then you could talk to him and be friends with him?"

She stared back at me, looked at the clock, then sighed.

Only because we've got forty fucking minutes to waste.

"Frank!" I said excitedly before she was finished writing sentence. "Get over here and tell her your life story!"

He walked over, "Why should I? She's been freaking-"

"Just shut up and tell her your fucking life story dammit!" I said with a smile, forcing him to sit on the desk in front of her with his feet in the chair.

She leaned back and crossed her arms, glaring up at him.

"Um..I'm Frank Iero..My parents divorced when I was eight. I love hardcore and punk music..um.." he looked over at me, like to ask if he was doing it right. I just motioned for him to go on. "Uh..I like to play guitar.. I have awesome friends.. Gerard Way, whos like, everyones older brother. His younger brother Mikey Way hangs out with us a lot too, he's a freshman. And Ray Toro, he's pretty cool.."

He looked over at me, like he couldnt think of anything else to say. Then his face lit up.

"Oh yea! Chelsea Mae. I used to be really mean to her and stuff.."

My face fell. I wonder if she should hear this.

"Like, everyday I used to be an ass and tell her how much of a bitch she was and like, threaten to kill her and call her all kinds of names.."

JB's expression tightened.

"But like, this one day, I beat the shi-"

I jumped and threw my hand over his mouth. "He used to be really mean to me. But he's cool now and I pretty much love him and he's my best friend."

She glared up at me, "Let him finish.." she practically hissed.

I removed my hand, and Frank looked from me to her, "Ok, what the fuck is going on?"

"Just keep going," I said quietly, sitting down in the desk. She was gonna hear this, then she was going to realize what an ass he used to be, and she was going to hate him and never talk to him. It would be so hard for her to see how cool he was and she would never speak when she was around him and she would see him hurting her.

And I know what its like to have him hurting you.

He looked down at me, then glared back at her. "What the fuck did you do to make her sad?! Whats your problem?!"

"Frank no!" I said desperately, quickly looking up and looking at her expression.

She was already up and grabbing her things, and slid out the door unnoticed.
♠ ♠ ♠
*hums* hm hm hmm
I'm basing JB off someone I know. She's confusing yes but you'll catch on very quickly.
Please comment, loves! They make my day.
Oh and a lot of people didnt read chap 14. Not sure why but its cool I suppose it was just a filler anyway. Made me laugh like madness actually xD. I don't really mind. Just a heads up: There is a chapter 14. lol. I love you people.