Seventy Times Seven

Chapter 18

I plopped down on the couch (having to move over a certain stuffed Santa of course) with the remote, a huge plate of french fries, and the review for a social studies test that was tomorrow. I knew I probably wasnt going to study, but I could always just look over the sheet during the commercials right?

Snagging a french fry, I concluded I'd let whatever happen happen. I was just bored. Surfing through the channels I finally found the Jetsons and decided to leave it there. Pretty much a classic. You couldn't ever go wrong with the Jetsons.

I ate another fry and the phone rang. "Hello?"

"Chelsea!" an excited voice that I recoginized very well replied.

"Mikey! Whats up?"

"Biology is evil! Can you help me?" he asked desperately.

"Sure, can you get a ride? Wait, your in biology?! Thats insane Mikes!" The normal level for Biology was Sophomore, but I failed it last year. And here he is, a Freshman, taking that class!

"I was really good at science last year and got in. But you can help me yea?"

"Sure sure dude."

"Ok, see you in a few." He hung up and I smiled. That kid is so funny sometimes.

I watched somemore of the Jetsons and continued eating my fries. It was a commercial break when I saw Gerards car pull up in the driveway. When I went to the door he whispered, "I told him I was going to your house, but he doesnt know I stole his car so shhh."

I shook my head, "So rebellious Mikey. Driving without a license, tsk tsk."

He smiled and walked in as I shut the door behind him. He laughed when he saw the tree, "Oh god, you and Frank were both too short to put the star on top..."

He was still laughing. I wasnt that amused though, "Being shorts not bad! Its not our fault our parents were short!" I couldn't help but smile though. Gerard had refused to help because it was so funny. You could tell where me and Frank couldn't reach anymore. The top of the tree had a limited number of ornaments and lights.

He sat down on the floor and ate a french fry. "I know what Frank got you for Chrisstmass.." he sang.

I looked at him confused, "Frank got me a Christmas present?" Oh man, now I need to get him something. And I have no freaking idea..

His eyes got wide, "You didn't know? Shit, now he's gonna kill me.."

I just laughed, "I won't tell him. So whatd he get me?"

"I'm not telling!"

"Oh come on! He hasnt known me for that long, it can't be anything big, yea?" Seriously, he doenst know that much about my likes that its this great big huge thing. Right?

He just smiled, "You'll like it."

"Tell me!"

"No!"

I glared at him. But he was harder to get to cave than Frank, so I gave in.

I went back to get my biology out of my bag, and when I got back he was laying on his stomach on the floor between the couch and my tv. He pulled out his biology work as I laid down next to him with my biology folder and put the fries between us so we could both munch on them.

"So, do you like him?"

I quit chewing. The question caught me by surprise, I looked over at him to see if I'd imagined it, and he was watching me, waiting for a reply.

I finished chewing and swallowed. "Idunno.." Lies.

He shrugged a little and went back to his work. "He seems like he likes you a lot..."

"Really?" I asked..maybe a little too quickly.

He noticed, and laughed a little, "I don't know. He talks about you a lot, and he hangs out with you a lot. And you guys flirt all the time..."

I looked down at his work. "It's not flirting, we're just joking around."

He smiled, "Thats what he said."

I blushed a little, "Seriously?"

"I believe his exact words to Gerard were 'We're just kidding. It's not flirting.'" He said rolling his eyes a little.

Was he serious when he told Gerard that? Or was he just doing what I was. I propped my head up on my elbow. "Do you think he likes me?"

He looked at me for a second, then sighed, "I'm breaking all kinds of rules that I shouldn't be breaking by saying any of this.."

I laughed and shoved him, my heart beating a little faster. "Come on Mikey, its just you and me. I won't tell. Do you think he likes me?" I know that its rude of me to ask him this when if Frank had told him anything, as a friend, he shouldn't tell me. But you would want to know too, trust me.

"Well..what do you think? Come on, how do you think Frank thinks of you?" He asked, going through my folder and finding the finished worksheet so he could write down the answers.

I laid down on my back and stared at the ceiling in thought. "Um.. Well, as a good friend..that he feels like he owes something too. I always thought he was being overly nice to me because he was just trying to make me happy so I'd forgive him."

He laughed, "Franks nice, but he's not that nice, Chels..."

I shot back up, "So you're saying he likes me?" I asked excitedly.

He screwed up his face, like he said something he shouldnt've. "Look, I've got my biology sheet done. Thanks for..the help," he said with a smirk. "I'm gonna go before I say anything else life threatening."

"Oh come on you never answered!" I pressed as he got up. "Please tell me? Plleeaase?"

"Figure it out for yourself!" He said defensively, tossing me my homephone with a smile and grabbing his keys. "Thanks, see you at school tomorrow."

I rolled my eyes, "Later Mikey."

He left me in the living room, my homephone in my hand, with the theme song to Speedy Gonzalez playing on the tv. I bit my lip, staring at the phone.

"Figure it out for yourself!"

"You know, why not," I said outloud to myself, punching in the numbers to Franks house.
♠ ♠ ♠
small change in plans guys. it wont be tomorrows detention. probably just next chapter =) agh, these short chapters are driving me crazy! the next one will be longer i swear. i shouldve had this one on the end the last one. =/
comment! they own!

i got my lip pierced!! ill try to upload pics of it on here but i havent been able to for a while. but here they are if you wanna see!