Seventy Times Seven

Chapter 19

Franks POV

I laid on my bed, my guitar on my stomach, fingers resting gently on the fret board. Strumming a couple notes from a Morrissey song, the phone started ringing. I cringed, I hate the stupid phone, it always rings! And it's really annoying!

I'm easy to piss off when I'm bored.

My mom knocked on my door, "Frank, it's for you."

I sighed, I didn't want to get up. Looking over at my nightstand I stretched until I could reach the my phone. I barely got it and pushed the button. "Hello?"

My mom hung up. "Hey Frankie, whats goin on?"

I smiled, I really hadnt been expecting her. "Oh nothing, just being insanely bored out of my mind. You?"

"Oh," was all she said. And she didn't say anything else for a couple seconds. I almost didn't think she was there until she said, "Well then do you wanna come over? I'm pretty bored too. I actually broke down and got my social studies out to study for tomorrow."

"Wow, I'm not even that bad," I joked. "Sure thing, I'll be over in a few yea?"

"Mk, later Frank."

"Bye." I hung up and rolled out of bed, gently setting my guitar on its stand. Pulling on my jacket I looked at myself in my mirror. I groaned a little as I finger combed my hair. It's getting really long, I'm surprised mom hasnt made me get it cut yet.

I felt my back pockets for my keys, but I found something else. I pulled it out and there were two dollars. "What the hell.." I said under my breath. Then it hit me, this was Chelsea's money, she must've snuck it in my pocket sometime at school.

I smiled, no way am I keeping her cash.

I slid on my shoes and gave up on finding my keys (I can just walk) and walked out to the kitchen. "I'm going to Chelseas mom, I'll be back."

She responded with some sort of 'ok' and I left for Chelseas house.

I lit a cigarette on the way there. I didn't need one but I knew I would sometime, and I didn't want to smoke at her house. It feels weird when I smoke in front of people, I don't know. I just don't like to.

So far the only person that knows I smoke is Chelsea, and I didn't want her to, but I really needed one that one day. Besides, I knew she wouldn't tell anyone, and I got the idea that she didn't mind.

I got to her house and put the cigarette out on the sidewalk, and knocked on the door.

She opened it with a plate of french fries in her hand. "Hey Frankie," she said with a smile.

I grabbed one off the plate and threw it in my mouth, "Sweet."

She just smirked and let me come in. She had on a pair of jeans with the knees ripped out, and an Iron Maiden shirt. Her naturally messy hair, the bangs slightly falling in her face. And I could already imagine the smell of her hairspray.

"I'm so unhealthy. I didn't eat breakfast, I had chips and a granola bar for lunch, and now fries for dinner," she mumbled with a fry in her mouth as she plopped down on the couch. "I love fries though, they're like, my favourite food probably. And I didn't feel like cooking."

I grabbed another fry and sat down on the otherside of the couch. I brought my legs up on it so I was facing her. "You're not unhealthy, or else you'd be fat."

"You can be skinny and unhealthy, stupid," she replied with a smile. "I might have a rapid metabolism but that doesnt mean I'm not on the verge of a stroke," she replied, eating another one. "Besides, moms coming home Thursday, and she always cooks a shitload when she comes home, since she normally lives out of a hotel."

I nodded, "Cool, are you excited?"

She screwed up her face a little. "Not really. I mean yea its cool that I won't have to do some of the stuff for a while, but she always wants to know what I've been doing and she'll want to know where I'm going when I leave. You know, normal mom stuff. It's just annoying when she acts like she cares." She picked up the phone and waved it at me, "Notice how she never calls."

"Ah, that kinda sucks," I replied, looking around. Speedy Gonzalez was on tv, haha. "Oh hey, speaking of food and stuff..."

I got up and started digging through my pockets when I found her two dollars. "Nice try but-...wait" What I pulled out felt like money, but it wasnt, it was a folded up piece of paper. She looked at me curiously as I unfolded it to see what it was.

Why wouldn't it work?

Because I used to be really mean to her. Theres no possible way she could ever like me.

My eyes opened wide. "Whoa you're not getting that," I said laughing a little and shoving it back in my pocket securely. Then reaching into my backpockets to, indeed, find the two dollars. "This is yours."

"What was that paper?" she asked with an evil smile, setting the fries on the couch and standing up too.

I laughed and shook the hair out of my face, "None of your business."

"Can I see it?"

"No."

"Please?"

"No."

"Why is everybody keeping everything from me today!" she replied, stomping her foot.

I laughed, "Cause the world is plotting against you obviously!" She still wouldn't take the two dollars.

"If I accept the two dollars, will you tell me?"

"No."

"Then I wont take it!"

I dropped it on the little table next to the couch that had the phone on it and smirked.

She just glared at me, and I backed up a little.

"I don't give up easily.."

I laughed a little as I was still backing up, "I have kind of noticed tha- hey!"

Right when I was talking she had jumped at me and slid the paper out of my pocket. I started chasing her around the house, yet again, except this time she ran into the bathroom.

"Stop it I can't read and run at the same TIME!" she protested, laughing as she unfolded it. We were in the bathroom, which isnt the biggest, and she was leaning against the wall. I tried to grab the paper from her hand but she argued, "You're going to rip it!!"

"Good!"

"No!" she yelled back, trying to shove me away so she could focus her eyes on the paper. No way is she going to read that!

She laughed and shoved her little hand at my chest again. I grabbed her wrists and pinned them to the wall above her head, one of them still holding the paper.

She laughed a little, "Awe come on, why is it so bad?"

"Because it's personal," I replied with a smile. Damn right its personal.

She looked at me skeptically, yet still smiling, "Is it a note from someone special?"

I looked up at the ceiling in thought, refusing to let go of her hands. "Kind of, Mikey yea."

She laughed again. I love her laugh. I can't believe I was such an ass to her before. To someone as cool as Chelsea. I made her cry. I made her bleed. I made her pass out.

My face fell, and I guess she noticed. "You're thinking about when you were mean to me again.."

I nodded, and let go of her wrists. She brought them down, as I pulled my hair back over my eyes in frustration. "Don't Frankie," she said soothingly, holding onto my hands gently. "I'm happy now. I promise. You make me happy."

I looked down at my hands, then back up at her. She smiled; she was trying to make me happy. She was trying to make the guy that tried to kill her a week ago tomorrow, happy.

Thats when it happened. I was fucking stupid. Impulse, I always act on fucking impulse. Stupid stupid stupid.

I leaned down and kissed her. My hair gently hitting her face, since I was a little bit taller than her and she had been leaning against the wall. Her hands loosened, but stayed in mine as I heard her hold her breath. Her soft lips barely moving as she was frozen against the wall.

I pulled back, and her grey eyes opened as she was staring up at me in disbelief.

I fought for words, "I'm..s-sorry.."

She blinked. Thank god she blinked cause her stare was driving me crazy. "Frank..what..what was-"

"I dont..." I looked back down, then looked back up at her. She was staring at me again, waiting for an answer. I sighed, and let go of her hands, "Look I..I'm sorry."

She didn't say anything. She just looked down, then looked back up with a questioning face. "Really?"

It hit me hard. Because to be honest? I wasn't. I had been wanting to do that for a long time.

I stepped back, scratching my neck in concentration. A lot of fucking things were running through my head. "Chelsea Mae.." I breathed in a sigh. Nobody could make me think so much.. Nobody could make me be so frustrated, yet I would fight to come back.

She was just looking down again, obviously thinking really hard still. But then I noticed something hit the floor, and I realized she was crying.

My heart dropped. I could feel myself my stomach start to ache. "Chelsea.."

She shook her head, still looking down, "It's ok..."

I felt hopeless. Why did I do that! I'm so stupid!

I left. I practically ran home, and I'll admit it. I went to my room and cried. I fucking cried.
♠ ♠ ♠
this was going to be in tomorrows detention, but i changed my mind.

now, go comment. you know you've got something to say.