Seventy Times Seven

Chapter 26

We stopped abruptly at KB Toys. "Ok, so I would like, call him? But I don't want to get in trouble by claiming the bird. No offense to Reggie? But it'd be easier, and funner, just to look for him."

I nodded as we started pacing up the aisles. "Ok, you go look in Barbies, and I'll look at the remote control cars."

"Barbies?!" I asked, hardly believing what I was hearing.

"Hey, not like that. He just likes their hair."

I rolled my eyes as he ran like a little kid to the remote control cars. I walked up and down the Barbie aisle, but then I saw, yes, a remote control car, with an excited Reggie sitting on top of it. It zoomed and stopped in front of me.

I didn't move. All I did was slowly hold out my hand and sang, "Reggie.." like Frank had earlier.

"For fawwks sake!"

"Don't make him do that!" Frank hissed, coming from around the corner with the controller. "Theres children present!"

"Calm your fucking bird then!"

He just smirked. "Hey, watch this. Gerard taught him this one."

The car zipped off down the aisle and did a wheelie, and then stopped and did a 180 so it was facing toward us. "You should've seen him before," Frank said with a smile. "He used to fly off as soon as it started going. But Gerard helped him overcome his fear!"

"Wow I'd sure hate for him to be scared of remote control cars," I said sarcastically, yet it was kind of funny. "Come on, lets go already!"

He just smirked, and stuck his hand out, "Come on Reggie."

Reggie just flew away though. Yea, he flew away! Over to a different aisle.

Franks smile dropped, and we both sprinted over to the different aisle. Where Reggie was sitting on another car.

"I'm sorry buddy, but we have to leave.."

"Is that a bird?"

We both looked at the other end of the aisle. It was a guy that worked there, and he was watching me and Frank both.

"Um..no." Nice..Frank. Thats pretty convincing..

"Well than what is it?!" he asked impatiently. And Reggie flew over to Frank and landed on his shoulder.

Frank just rolled his eyes, "You did that on purpose.."

The worker got a stern look on his face, "No pets allowed. I'm gonna have to ask you to leave."

I was just walking out when Frank said, "Hey. He's not a pet. He's pretty much human."

The guy just looked at him with an annoyed expression. "He's a bird. He can't be in here."

"Yes but he's more human than most birds, look what he can say!"

"NO! Come on Frank, we were leaving anyway," I said quickly, grabbing his wrist and dragging him out.

"Oh yea, I forgot about the youngins," he replied with a small giggle as we left the store.

Then, for some weird reason, he sprinted to the door, and held it open for me, even though I was like, fifty feet away....

"What are you on?" I asked with a laugh as I got to the door.

He just smiled, "Triple strawberry chocolate banana smoothie."

Thursday, 7:00 a.m

Buzzzzzz

I groaned. What the fuck is that?

Buzzzzzzzzzzz

Assuming it was my alarm, I reached out and pushed the button to turn it off.

Crash!

My head shot up, to find my phone buzzing on my floor. "Stupid suicidal phone," I mumbled to myself. I grabbed it and answered, "Gerard you made my phone kill itself."

"Hey- ..oh.. I'm..sorry?"

"It's cool. Whats up?" I replied, throwing my arm over my eyes to sheild the little bit of light coming from my room.

"No school today! Everything melted yesterday, than froze over night. Highways are clear, but backroads are probably shit."

I smiled. That makes my day, and I'm not even awake. "Good, I need to get Frank a present."

"Sweet. What are you thinking of getting him?"

"Hm.." I had kind of thought of getting him Reggie, but all of the stuff to get that would cost way more than thirty dollars.. "Is it rude to get Frank something way more expensive than what I got each of you guys?"

"What are you thinking?" he repeated.

"Well, all I really know of to get him is Reggie.."

"Do it," he said quickly, "Please. Then we wouldnt have to make anymore stupid trips to Newark just for the bird..."

I laughed, "I'm glad you like the bird as much as I do.."

"Oh god, it can be funny everynow and then? But a lot of times its annoying. It's like Frank, but way worse. Cause Franks not annoying that often.. He has a lot of patience for animals though. He and Reggie are perfect together. Want me to go with you to get him?"

"Sure," I said with a smile, glad to have everyones presents figured out.

I heard him shuffling on the otherside, "Ok, I'll pick you up in a few. I suggest you get some sort of trashbag though. That bird seriously doesnt like other people touching him. We wont get him without a fight.."

"I still cant believe you want me to bag the bird."

"Dude, if you can grab it without it attacking you? Go right ahead. But Frank taught him to go for the eyes.." Gerard replied, as he parked the car in front of Claws and Paws. "It has talons you know.."

We went inside, and I started looking at different cages and food. I found a good size cage that wasnt that expensive, and Gerard found other little accesories for him, like a food dish, and a salt thing, and a mirror, and food. I was really trying to stall getting Reggie himself..

"Ok, so which one do you guys want?" the clerk asked dull-ly, as we stood outide the cage with the cockatoos.

I pointed to Reggie, "The light green one."

The clerk just stared at me for a second, then sighed, "Ok, I'm going to explain this to you in the nicest way possible, and I swear I'm not lying. Theres this guy that really likes that bird.."

"Yea, he's our friend. We're buying it for him for Christmas," Gerard replied, and I held up the bag.

"Ooh.. do you need help getting it then?"

"Um, anything would be nice.." I replied with a small smile.

Gerard decided he would try first. He pulled the trashbag inside out over his arm and slowly snuck it into the cage with the other birds.

He got Reggie cornered, making his head feathers stand up. He cooed threateningly.

Gerard hesitantly moved his hand closer, until suddenly, Reggie lashed about and flew to the opposite corner of the cage.

"Talons!" Gerard yelled as his hand shot back out. "That bird is fucking viscious!"

I just smirked, Reggie hadnt reacted that bad. "Oh jeez, give it here," I said, rolling my eyes and grabbing the bag.

I cornered him again, and used both hands, and swiftly grabbed him and pulled him out as Gerard pulled the bag over him and grabbed the end.

Reggie was not happy.

It looked like someone had put an electric bouncy ball into the bag. Reggie shot around inside, fighting to find a way out.

"Do you want me to get the tranquilizers?" the clerk asked, stepping away from bag.

"You have fucking bird tranquilizers?!" Gerard asked as I fought to make sure Reggie didnt get out.

He shifted, "Well, they're for the rats and other animals incase they ever get anything like rabies, but I'm sure it'd work on a bird too.."

"No, we're fine," I replied, as Reggie calmed down a little. I didn't want to suffocate him, but I didnt want him to get out either..

I gave Gerard money to pay as I put Reggie in his cage in the car. I decided to just throw the whole bag in there, and he can find his way out on his own.

Gerard came back just as I sat in the passengers seat, and he sighed in relief. "I'm glad thats over with. You realize, Frank is probably going to molest you when you give Reggie to him tomorrow, right?"

I just smiled out the window, thinking about the guitar Frank had showed me. If you bought that guitar for me? I'd probably cry...then rape you. Then, I would feel like shit for raping you, and I'd probably kill myself. So just dont do it..

"Eh. Whatever makes him happy."
♠ ♠ ♠
I just spent 26 of the last 48 hours driving to Ohio and back. I have ideas. *winks*

Comments or banners anyone??