Seventy Times Seven

Chapter 27

Friday. Lunch. Gerard and Mikeys house.

"So whatd you get me?"

"Not until you tell me what you got me!"

"I know what she got you," Gerard mumbled, plopping onto the couch on my left, since Frank was sitting on my right, and Mikey was laying on the ground, while Ray was sitting in a chair.

Mikey smirked, "And I know what Frank got you," he replied, pointing to me.

Gerard looked at Mikey. Mikey looked at me. I looked at Mikey. Frank looked at Gerard. It was pretty weird.

"Wow I feel really unincluded here.." Ray said, breaking the silence.

"You've been avoiding us!" Gerard mumbled through a mouthful of sandwich.

He scoffed defensively, "I have a huge chemistry project I've been having to do! I can't help it!"

"Chemistry is for...chemists!" Frank protested. "What have you been doing anyway?"

He shifted in his seat. "Well, mine was done, but one of my friends needed help. Anyway. No Frank, Chemistry is for people that need one more Science credit and don't want to take Advanced Physics."

I nodded, "Thats understandable," just as Gerard took another generous bite of his sandwich. Some of it ended up on the side of his lip and he licked it off really quick, and it looked disgusting! "Gee, what kind of sandwich is that?"

"Tuna and whipped cream," he and Frank said at the same time. I looked over at Frank, kind of shocked for knowing the answer. He just shrugged, "He's been my best friend since forever. Thats his favourite sandwich."

"It's amazing. Wanna try some?" Gerard said through a mouthful, shoving the concoction in my face.

"Agh, no thanks..I don't do..tuna.."

"But she does do whipped cream.." Frank said seductively. Gerard tried to laugh, but tuna/whipped cream almost came out his nose, as Mikey laughed out loud from the floor, and Ray just shook his head with a smile.

I laughed lightly and shoved him, just as he got up. "I'll be back," and walked off to a different room.

"What else are you eating Chels?" Gerard asked, now done with his sandwich.

I looked down at the huge bag of doritos me and Frank had been sharing. "Um..nothing. I'm pretty full."

He glared at me, "Chelsea Manson.."

"Gerard Way.." I retaliated.

He just smirked. "Fine. If you die? Atleast I tried."

"So why don't you eat much anyway?" Ray asked as I wrapped up the bag of doritos so they didn't get stale.

I gestured towards me, "I don't mean to be conceited or anything, but I'm tiny. I don't eat much. I have a small stomach."

"Thats no excuse," Mikey argued from the floor. "I'm tiny. But I steal eat a substantial amount of food."

"Thats a pretty big word for you, Mikey," Gerard said with a smirk.

"Yea right," he said, rolling his eyes. "You only commented on it because you don't know what it means."

"Shut the fuck up!" he confessed, throwing a pillow at him as I laughed and got up to put the chips in the kitchen.

When I got to the kitchen, I noticed the bathroom door was open though.

Which meant that Frank wasnt in there.

(I know I'm quite the observer).

I decided to go down the hallway, just to see where he was at. I poked my head into the bathroom, and the laundry room. Frank was absent from both.

I walked passed Mikeys room and to the backdoor. When I looked outside, there was Frank, leaning against the siding.

He quickly glanced over. "Oh. Hey," he said, bringing a half smoked cigarette from his hidden hand up to his mouth.

I frowned, shutting the door and leaning against the wall next to him. "Why don't you want anybody else to know that you smoke? It's not that big of a deal.."

Taking another drag, he replied, "I'm not proud of it," and before exhaling he added, "It's not healthy. It's embarassing."

"Then why don't you quit?"

"How often do you see me smoke?" he said as he took another drag. "I'm trying."

I smiled, figureing I could bug him a little. "Well, obviously you're not trying hard enough," I said in an extremely annoying tone.

He cocked an eyebrow. "And exactly how many times have you smoked?"

I squinted in thought. Trying to think of something back. Then got a better idea.

I reached into the pocket of his jacket and pulled out his carton and lighter, and he watched me confused.

Then, I took a cigarette out of the carton and stuck one between my lips.

"What the hell are you doing?" he asked concerned. I don't think he thought I was going to smoke it, so he didn't do anything.

Then, with a slight lisp since it was still between my lips, I lit the lighter and said, "It can't be that addicting."

I was prepared to run.

You know, it's pretty hard to run and light a cigarette at the same time, well, if you're inexperienced like me anyway. But I managed it as he chased me around Gerard and Mikeys backyard, while I had one hand lighting it and the other blocking the wind from running.

Small problem though. I was breathing hard.

I started gagging and coughing and stopped. "Chelsae fucking Mae!"

I glared at him as I gagged somemore. Then, took another drag, which practically made me puke.

"What the hell! Quit it!"

After a second, I quit coughing, said, "Everytime you smoke. I'll smoke. Will that get you to quit?"

"No! Chelsea you can't do that! I'm not gonna get you started on this just because I am!"

I coughed again, "You're not. I am," and took another drag. A small one though. And I didn't cough as much.

He screwed up his face in anger. "Fucking quit it Chelsea! Stop!" He went to grab it from me, but I started running again.

The backyard was enclosed by a tall, rotting fence. I ran over to it and started laughing. "Oooo look at me. I'm Frankie, and I'm a closet smoker because I'm embarassed to smoke. I should tour at elementary schools," I said in a lower voice, hunching over and taking another small drag and exhaling. I don't think I'm doing it right, I think you're suppose to let it stay in your lungs for a while. But whatever. How am I suppose to know?!

He rolled his eyes, then stuck his hand out. "Give it."

"No!"

"Chelsea Mae. Give me the cigarette."

I laughed at how fatherly like he sounded. He noticed too and smiled. I took a small drag and blew it in his face.

"Oh you did not.."

I laughed and went to do it again (you don't cough as much if you don't actually let it get in your lungs), but he grabbed my wrists and pinned them against the fence.

I smirked and mumbled quietly, "We seem to be getting into this position a lot.."

He gave a small smile, "I like what happens in this position.."

Laughing lightly, I closed my eyes as I heard him move closer, the cigarette still hanging loosely between my fingers.

"Oh this is hot. GERARD!!"

My eyes shot open, and I expected Frank to let go. But he didn't, he just kept going. His soft smile still in place, as he closed his eyes and put his lips to mine.

I froze. Yet again. All he did was barely kiss me and I was mesmerized. His hair hitting my face again. His soft lips pushing against mine again. Thats all it was. Then he slowly slid his hand up to mine, grabbed the cigarette, and it was over.

"Ha!" he yelled happily, jumping back and pointing at me.

I blushed. "Fucker.." I said under my breath.

"Theres nothing to see here!" Gerard said approvingly, as he ushered Ray and Mikey back inside, and me and Frank made our way back to the house. I could hear them laughing and making embarrassing comments.

We were almost to the door when I was sure Gerard was inside, and I said, "What the hell was that?"

"You freeze everytime I kiss you. It was the only thing I could think of," he replied with a triumphant smile. "I'm not letting you smoke."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey everybody. I'm planning the sequel for this (a couple of you are lucky enough to be extremely special and have gotten the privelage of seeing the rough draft of the summary =D), but I have four new main characters that are going to be added, and I was hoping to have pictures for them.

Theres two boys and two girls. One of the girls is Asian, and they're all about Junior or Senior year. So basically, I'm holding picture tryouts (?). Send me some pics of some people that I might be able to use, and I'll pick two boys and two girls, and they will be featured in the next story. =)

You can even submit your own pictures if you want. They characters will not reflect your personality (well they might, but I won't do it on purpose. some of them arent exactly nice). All I want them for is to help with visualizing the story. Good idea yea? Iduno, I felt pretty ingenius. X) Message them to me if you have some I can use. You shall find out if I used your picture whenever the sequel comes out. =)

COMMENTS OWN. Oh, and trust me, theres still more chaps for this story. I'm just a think-ahead kinda person. =)