Seventy Times Seven

Chapter 29

Ok, so my interaction with JB really didn't go as planned. I was hoping to have her talk to me longer. Not leave so quick. Convince her that Frank wasn't bad..anymore. I was hoping she wouldn't just get up and leave like that..

But what more can you do for a girl with skitz?

My phone rang. I was in my room, attempting to set up the fucking birdcage. You know, like, put the food dish and shit in it?

Yea, Reggie wasnt likeing that.

My phone started ringing again, and once again I ignored it.

It rang for a third time and I decided it must be important. "Fuck it, Frank can do this shit," I cussed at the bird, seeing as there were two different knicks in my hands from me trying to make his cage more homey.

When I got my phone, it was Gerard. "What the fuck do you want?"

"Mikey says-..whats wrong?" his voice was far away, and I could hear people talking in the background.

"Oh nothing. The fucking bird isnt cooperat-"

"WHAT?!" That was obviously Franks voice...

I took the phone away from my ear. The caller ID very clearly said Gerard.

"Fuck Chelsea! Was it not obvious you were on speakerphone?!"

"GIVE ME THE FUCKING PHONE!"

I smacked my face, listening to the wrestling in the background. Way to surprise him.

I heard Franks voice come on and he was breathing hard. From fighting for the phone or hyperventilating, I'm not sure. "Ok so you're kidding right? You didn't get me Reggie.."

"Yes. I'm kidding. A bird flew in my room and I was trying to get him out and he was attacking my hands."

It was silent on the other end.

Then he laughed and said, "You fucking got me Reggie."

I just sighed and rolled my eyes, "Pretty much yea."

I heard a different noise and a door open.

"Frank you bring me my fucking phone back! Where the hell are you going?!"

"So hes like, in your room? Right now? In his own cage and everything?" He sounded like he was high, and the wind was blowing, causing the phone to break up a bit.

I laughed and leaned on the doorframe to my room, "I'm looking at the fucking brat right now. I would like for you to know he made me bleed twice." Face it. He already knew I got him the bird. Why tease him?

He started running. I laughed because it was so obvious over the phone. He kept talking anyway, his breaths labored, "You bought him? He's paid for? He doesn't have to go back to the pet store?"

I laughed again, "No Frank. He's all yours."

I heard the front door open. I looked over and there was Frankie, in all his glory. His cheeks and nose flushed pink from running in the December wind. His hair messy, and the phone glued to his ear, a huge smile came across his face.

He hung up and walked over to me, then slowly looked in my room.

Somehow? His smile got bigger.

He laughed and went over to the cage. Examing Reggie, as if to see if it was really him. He opened the cage and stuck his hand in, and Reggie trotted up his shoulder happily, snuggling himself under Franks hair.

Frank giggled, "I love you too buddy."

I crossed my arms and leaned on the doorway again, watching him. And freaking proud to have contributed to Franks happiness.

He turned around to me, the smile still cemented, and the bird still curled up in a ball in his neck. He just stared at me for a minute, and I couldn't help but laugh.

Frank turned back around and put the bird back in his cage (which Reggie refused, but Frank got him to go). Then Frank walked over to me with a serious expression and held my head in his hands. "You are so unbelievable Chelsea Mae."

I just kept smiling, my face inches from his above me. I knew he was happy. "Thanks."

"You're so amazing."

I laughed and rolled my eyes, "I know right? I feel like the coolest person ever right now." And I really did! I don't think I've ever made anyone so happy before.

He hesitated for a second. So close to me that he was staring back and forth, from one of my eyes to the next. He sighed in frustration, and wrapped his arms around me. He pretty much squished the air out of me.

"You have no idea what you've done," he said with a smile. I laughed and he continued. "You have brought two loves together!" He pointed to Reggie. Frank nodded his head at him, and Reggie bobbed in agreement.

I laughed again, "Glad to help."

"You are officially the greatest person alive."

"I get it Frankie. Chill."

"No. I will never be able to repay you enough." Then his eyes got wide, "Oh yea! I got you a present too! I know you'll like it."

I went to reply but my phone started ringing again, and once again, it said Gerard.

"Yes?"

"Frankies with you, right?"

I laughed, "Yea, he's right here. Very, very happy."

"Well, Mikey says to get the fuck over here before he brings the presents to your house."

I smiled. Mikey's so impatient. He's the reason we're having Christmas this early anyway.. "Ok, we'll be there in a few."

I hung up and looked up at Frank. He was sticking his arm back in the cage, "Come on Reggie, time to go!"

"If that bird bites me one more time he's gonna lose his face.." I said threateningly.

"He's just protective! He was scared.." he replied. I just rolled my eyes, and we left the house happily, on our way to Gerard and Mikeys.

"Here's how it works," Mikey instructed to me, handing out presents. "Everybody gets all their presents to them in front of them, and you just open them at random. You don't do none of this 'ok everybody watch Gerard open his presents, then we'll watch Frankie open all of his' shit. No. Nobody has to wait. We just open them all at the same time, ok?"

"Awesome," I smirked as I handed him, Ray, and Gerard their presents, wrapped in annoyingly bright Christmas paper. Mikey was sitting on the floor, presents thrown about in front of him. Ray was sitting in a chair with his at his feet. Me and Gerard were sitting on the couch, with our presents on the coffee table. And Frank was standing, leaning against the wall across from me, next to Mikey, with presents at his feet. As Reggie perched on a nearby lamp.

I gazed at my pile in front of me. I'd never had so many presents before! There was a heavy box from Gerard, a..tiny wad of paper with a piece of ribbon wrapped around it from Mikey..(I'm assuming theres something in the tiny wad of paper..), and what looked to obviously be a cd from Ray.

How awesome. I seriously got him cd's too. Haha.

"Ok..GO!" Mikey yelled as he shredded christmas paper.

I decided to open Gerards box first. It was the whole first season of Invader Zim on three dvd's. I laughed and gave him a one armed hug, "You're freaking awesome."

"I figured you liked Invader Zim," he replied with a smile.

There were several 'Thank you Frank!'-s and 'Wow, thanks Gerard'-s and 'You freaking own Ray'-s as we continued to shred through the wrapping paper. Ray got me a Casualties cd, and Mikey got me a..paperclip bracelet..

"I couldn't think of what to get you. So I spraypainted some paperclips and made you a bracelet. Do you like?"

I slid it on my wrist and held out my hand. To be honest? It looked pretty sweet. I smiled at him, "Thanks Mikey."

He grinned back happily, "No problem."

I looked down at the coffee table. All that was left was a card from Frank. I hadn't even noticed it at first, because it had been under Gerard's present to me.

I ripped open the envelope and pulled out a piece of paper that had been folded in half. It had a picture of a christmas tree, drawn pretty badly in pencil on the front (and Franks signature on the bottom of course).

But when I opened, two tickets fell out. The card read, in his half-readable hand writing:

'It's because I secretly love you, 'more than I can comprehend', as Gerard put it.

Merry Christmas, Chelsea Mae'


I looked down at the tickets, which had printed on them:

'Black Flag'
January 9th.
The Autograph; Newark, New Jersey.
General Admission

I literally jumped over the coffee table and into his arms. "I fucking love you! You are so fucking awesome!"

I could feel his smile as he wrapped his arms around me and spun around once. And whispered in my ear, "I love you too Chelsea."
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok. This makes me feel better. I'm sorry about the last chapter, being short and whatnot. But I really needed to get that in there somewhere.

Soooo....what do you think? Hehe.