Seventy Times Seven

Chapter 30

"Gir! Give me the PIGGY!"

"But..but its the last one!!"


I dozed lightly against the pillow as we sat in the dark living room watching the Invader Zim dvd's Gerard gave me. Ray and Mikey were laying on their stomachs on the floor, Gerard was stretched out in the chair, and me and Frank were on the couch. He was sitting at the end, and I had a pillow next to his leg, slowly falling asleep as he rested his arm along my side.

It was pretty awesome. It seemed like there was a new, invisible connection between me and Frank. Like, something we both were too shy to face, but too happy to ignore. You know?

Probably not. You'll probably catch on.

My phone started vibrating in its place atop the coffee table. I pretended to be asleep though. I squinted my eyes open a little, waching as Frank, trying to move as little as possible, reached out and grabbed it, looking at the caller id.

He shook my shoulder gently, "Chels, its your mom."

My eyes shot open. I had completely forgot she was suppose to be coming in today since her flight got cancelled yesterday. I grabbed it from his hands and flipped it open. "Hello?"

"Hi honey!"

"Hey, where are you?" I rolled onto my back as Frank looked down at me patiently, smiling when I looked at him.

"Probably about ten minutes from home or so. I'm so glad the roads aren't icy anymore..." she said half distractedly. She must be in traffic. "What are you doing?"

I glanced over at Invader Zim again. "I'm at a friends house. We celebrated Christmas today, and we're watching cartoons."

"Oh yea? Who's that?"

"I'm at Gerard and Mikey Way's house. But a couple more of my friends are here too," I replied, looking back up at Frank, as he continued rubbing my arm lightly.

"Oh! Donna Way's kids? I like the youngest one. He used to come over every now and then selling something..popcorn maybe? I'm not sure. Anyway, he seems nice. But I'd be careful around her oldest.."

That made me laugh out loud, causing everyone to look over at me. "Why is that?"

"I dont know..he just never seemed all there. I could be wrong, of course, but he just seemed a little...off centered.." she replied cautiously.

I looked at Gerard and laughed again, as he rolled his eyes, almost knowing that something was being said about him. "It's ok mom, hes actually pretty cool. But I'll agree, he does kind of give off that 'freaky stalker' kinda vibe." He chucked a pillow at me, but Frank caught it loyally, and tossed it at my feet with a smirk. "So when do you have to leave again?"

"The twenty-second. Sorry hun. We'll celebrate Christmas the day before."

"Its ok, don't worry about it," I mumbled, trying to hide my disappointment. I didn't like my mom, no, but I didn't hate her either. Seeing as my dad left me, she's all that I've got. And I don't take her for granted.

"Ok, well, I'll see you when I get home then."

"Alright. Bye mom." I hung up and looked up at Frank. "My moms gonna be home in a few minutes and I'd kinda like to see her, unless you want me to stay.."

"No its ok. I'll take you home."

I leaned up and stretched. After saying thanks to the guys again for the presents, and convincing Mikey that it was ok for Invader Zim to stay at their house for the night, since they were watching it, me and Frank went out to his car.

I stared at the two Black Flag tickets in my hands in awe. "I still cant believe you got me these," I mumbled with a smile, pushing some hair out of my face.

"I can't believe you got me Reggie!" he replied, pulling onto my street. Me, Frank, and Gerard live in the same neighborhood. Frank lives a couple doors down from me actually. But the point is? We don't live far from eachother.

"Yea yea. But Reggies not that big of a deal. I knew you loved him. Howd you know I like Black Flag?"

He smirked, "I asked you once. After I saw the flyer for it that one day at Starbucks."

I looked at him, completely clueless as we pulled into my driveway. "Seriously. I never even saw it. You're kidding right?"

"Nope. I pulled the flyer down and stuck it in my pocket right as you walked out the door. You should be more observant," he replied, walking me to my door.

When we got there, he stuck his hand in his pocket, and pulled out a folded and tattered piece of notebook paper. "I want you to read this."

I looked down at it in his hand, "Is that the..-"

"Note from the first time I kissed you? Yea. I really want you to read it now."

It sounded so weird, him saying it. The whole sentence made my stomach shiver a little. "Wha..why?"

"Just do it. Ok? Promise." He grabbed my hand and enclosed my fingers in it. I searched his hazel eyes, trying to see if he was serious. If this was some sort of joke, or if there was still something in it he was reluctant for me to see.

But he seemed excited. Possibly even proud, as his dark hair fell loosely over his eyes a little, and he smiled a small smile.

I reluctantly smiled back, and nodded. The note had caused so much...stuff..between me and Frank. I was a little hesitant. "Thanks Frank," I said, as I gave him a hug.

He gripped around my waist tightly, hugging me back. "No problem. I'll see you Chels."

"Bye," I said sheepishly, stepping through the door. As I shut it behind me, I quickly unfolded the piece of paper.

Because I used to be really mean to her. Theres no possible way she could ever like me.

Well, do you love her?

If I knew this I wouldn't be talking to you right now. I don't know. It's just..scary. I was thinking of taking her to a Black Flag concert over in Newark in January. Kind of as a Christmas present or something. What do you think? Should I?

You either love her or you don't Frankie. Theres no grey areas.


I didn't breath the whole time I read it. Underneath, in pen, in Franks obvious handwriting, it read:

So, this is it. This is the note. And Mikeys right, theres no grey areas. I love you to fucking death Chelsea Mae. Be my girlfriend?

I threw the door open again, but his car was gone. I pulled out my phone and immediately dialed his number.

"Hello?"

"Frank!"

"Hey Chels.."

I stopped. I hadnt really thought of exactly what I was going to say. All I knew is what it was going to be in the end. "I..I..I fucking love you!"

I could hear his smile. "I love you too. So..is that a yes?"

"Of course!" I replied, just as moms car pulled in the driveway.

Would this decision do me any good a month later? No. It hurt like hell.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that its short, and about the last sentence. If you want to ignore it right now, I'd understand.
Other than that? YOU KNOW YOU'VE GOT SOMETHIN TO SAY! =D

lol. you guys are amazing.