Seventy Times Seven

Chapter 32

Image

Mom made me hang out with her all fucking day Sunday. It pretty much sucked. I wanted badly to hang out with Gerard and Frank and the guys. But of course.. I have to leave in two fucking days now! Yea, no luck there.

Finally we got home from Newark about midnightish, and I decided to pretend I was tired and crash to my room. I immediately changed into pj's and called Frank.

"Whats happenin?" he asked happily.

"Being bored. Sorry I couldn't hang out with you guys more today. Mom insisted I go to Newark and hang out with her, since shes leaving tomorrow and stuff.." I turned off the light and pulled my blanket up to my chin, talking quietly so mom wouldnt hear.

"It's ok. We didnt do anything that entertaining anyway. Oh, I told the guys about our togetherness and stuff. Hope you don't care."

I smiled and rolled my eyes. "Nah, I'm glad I didn't have to see their reactions."

He laughed a little, then there was a small pause, and Frank added, "Gerards calling.."

"Mk," I said boredly, messing with a string on my blanket.

"Eh, I'll talk to him tomorrow. I'm glad we only have three days of school left."

"What? We do?"

He laughed, "Yea, Mikey made a point of that today. Only three days of school next week, then Christmas break, you know?"

My phone beeped, and I looked down at the caller id. "Dude, Gerards calling me now.."

I could hear his smirk, "I guess it's important."

"Should I answer?"

"Do it."

I pushed send on my phone, and Gerards voice imediately came on. "Chelsea?"

"Yea.."

"I can't find Mikey. Can you and Frank help me look for him? I've been trying his cell all fucking night," he said nervously.

"Seriously? You sure he's not just like, staying the night at someones house or something?" I replied, sitting up in my bed slowly.

He scoffed, slightly annoyed, "No dude I'm serious. We were talking earlier tonight. Then I went downstairs and he went to his room to go to bed. Then I went up to ask for one of my tapes real quick, and he was gone. And he's not answering his phone. Do you know if you can get ahold of Frank?"

I flipped on my light and started looking around for my shoes, deciding that we'd probably have to help Gerard find him before he goes insane. "Yea, I'll call him. We'll be over there in a few."

"Thanks Chels."

"Yup." I quickly pushed send again and got Frank. "Hey we have to go to Gerards."

"What? Why?"

"He can't find Mikey. He's about to have a stroke. Want me to pick you up?" I laced up my chucks, refusing to change back into jeans, and grabbed my keys.

He laughed lightly, obviously thinking like me, and that it probably wasnt that big of a deal. "Yea sure, I'll wait on the porch."

I shoved my phone into the pocket of my pj pants, sneaking through the living room, and, luckily, getting to my car unnoticed. When I drove by Franks house, he was sitting on his porch smoking a cigarette. He jumped in my car and cracked his window.

I pulled out of the driveway, and grabbed his carton. It had his lighter in it, and I quickly lit one, tossing the carton back to him, cracking my window also. "Fucker."

"Chelsea! You can't smoke!"

"NEITHER CAN YOU!"

He stopped talking about it when we got to Gerards. I got out of the car and he imediately ran over to us, Ray following behind him loyally. "Ok so I thought-.. You smoke?"

I smirked, putting it in the hand furthest from Frank so he couldn't do anything sneaky. "Only when Frank does."

Frank threw me a look, and Ray looked confused, "But Frank doesnt smoke.."

I laughed, "I know, right?!" as I took another drag. This is getting easier.

He looked at me like i was stupid, and Gerard just shrugged. "Whatever. So I thought we'd split up. Me and Ray go through the southish area, around that crappy mall, and you guys could go more north. You know, around the park."

I nodded, taking another generous drag, as Frank shrugged. I coughed a little, and turned away. So I'm not that good at it yet..

"Sweet," Gerard replied, giving me a funny look because of my gagging. "You could try calling him if you want. I'm keeping from telling mom and dad, cause if he like, snuck out or something, I don't want him to get in trouble. But if we dont find him by morning I'll tell them."

They ran off to Gerards car, (well Gerard did, Ray just kind of followed boredly), and I rolled my eyes. "Oh god I hope we're not out looking for him all night."

"Those two are pretty close," Frank replied as we started for my car. He noticed my pj pants and smirked, "Nice.."

I smiled, and put my hand on my hip, taking a drag, "Do I make smoking look cool?"

He glared and tried to grab it, but I quickly moved and jumped in the drivers seat.

We drove up and down all the stupid streets in northern Belleville. It was incredibly boring, even though we were attempting to keep a good eye out for Mikey. Frank would occasionally use my phone to call him. Then switch to his phone and try again. It became routine to call him from a different phone every five or ten minutes. Hoping that Mikey'd answer for one.

One a.m. I'm starting to get tired. Franks calling Mikey from my phone, then his phone, mine, his, mine, his, right after the other. I'm pretty sure he's starting to get tired too. But neither of us mention it.

"This is ridiculous! Where the fuck could he be?!"

Gerard calls for the fourth time since we left. Frank sighs and answers. "No Gerard, we havent seen him." A second or two later he hangs up. "You're right. This is terrible."

"I'm sure he's ok! I mean, he's a freshman in high school, they don't just get kidnapped at that age!"

He gave me a doubtful look, "Iduno Chels. Remember when you went looking for JB that one day and some fuck hit you in the face? This is still Jersey."

I rolled my eyes. I get a litttle pissed when I'm tired. "Yea but he wasnt walking around. He probably just snuck out to hang out with some friends and forgot to tell Gerard. "

He leaned back in his seat and closed his eyes. "Yea, I know what you mean. When we find him I'm gonna kick his ass."

I slowly turned down the next street. Letting my eyes sweep both sidewalks.

Frank leaned up in his seat, "Lets go to the park. Maybe he's there, and if he's not? Lets just hang out there for a while."

I shrugged a little, the park was only a block away anyway. Maybe he's there.

I drove slowly, just incase we saw him on the way there. But still no sign of the Mikey Way. Gerard called again. And once again, just long enough for Frank to tell him the same update, and hang up again. Frank kept calling from both phones. Still no answer.

When we finally go to the park, we both walked slowly up to the swings. No sign of Mikey. As if we looked really hard anyway.

Frank yawned and plopped down into a swing. Tossing me my phone. "Your turn."

I looked at it for a second, wondering whether or not I should. "It's obviously not doing any good.."

He shrugged and I shoved it in my pocket. I started spinning in my swing mindlessly. Staring down at my plaid pjs. I'm glad the whole me and Frank being together thing hasnt changed any of us much. I like how it was, and am glad its still like that.

I yawned, and accidently kicked Franks foot as I spun back around. "So do you have any brothers or sisters? Like, from your dads side?"

"Nah," I replied boredly, as I spun back again. "Well, not that I know of."

"Hm," was all he said, as I saw him nod a little. "What was your dads name again?"

I let go, and let the swing spin back. "Steven."

"Right right." He bobbed his head, as a nod. It reminded me of Reggie.

When my swing stopped spinning, he got up and grabbed one of the chains, and started walking in circles, spinning it for me. "I'm gonna find him for you. You know that right?"

I laughed as he kept walking and the swing started getting tighter around my legs. "Yea, ok, good luck with that."

He smiled, still walking in circles, making the swing pinch at my legs painfully. I shifted, and he noticed. "Oh, sorry."

He stepped back and let go, letting it spin me around like crazy. My stomach started turning from that fuzziness you get when you're dizzy and I clamped my eyes shut. I felt stupid, and it made me laugh.

When it stopped I got up and wobbled around dizzily, my eyes still closed, since I thought it might keep me from falling.

I heard him laugh lightly, and he hugged me. I didn't bother holding myself up after that. "You ok?"

I smirked, "Duh, it's just a swing."

"Frank?"

We both looked over, and guess who it was?

Mikey fucking Way of course. And there was a really pretty girl with her hand laced in his, just a little bit shorter than him, with long black hair standing next to him.

I smiled and rolled my eyes. Nice...
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so fucking sorry you guys. I've had writers block like hell. I know how this stories gonna end, but until then, I was lost for what will happen inbetween.

So you get a really long, shitty, adventure today I guess. =/ Sorry guys. I'll think of better stuff I promise. I'm working on it.

thanks for banners and stuff guys. it really makes me happy. =) comments do too btw lol.