Seventy Times Seven

Chapter 34

After school? I went home and slept. Just like the rest of us really. We werent used to five hours of sleep, ya know?

Mom was gone. She had left earlier that morning for...Montana? I don't really remember, I think so. Anyway, she left some cash on the counter (like always) and I was officially abandoned at my house again.

I laid on my stomach on my bed. The christmas decorations were still up. The little snowman figurine was still sitting on my nightstand where Frank had left the note that day they decorated the house.

I heard the front door open. It kinda freaked me out a little, cause I mean, who would just walk into my house like that?

Then Frank was in my doorway. I looked over at him confused, "...hey?"

"Move over," was all he said. I did as he said and he laid down next to me. "I left my key in my house again."

"Ah," I replied. Then smirked a little, "You probably did it on purpose so you could come over here."

He smiled and reached in his pocket. "Maybe," and pulled out his key. His shaggy hair fell in his eyes and against my pillow. His Bouncing Souls shirt and baggy jeans making him look like any kid at our school. When he was far from.

Closing his eyes, he leaned in and kissed me. Really softly; he was so innocent about it. Innocent enough that I didnt feeze this time. And as much as I loved it? I couldn't help it. As soon as he pulled back I whispered, "You smoked before you got here didnt you."

His smile immediately dropped, and he grabbed his pocket, "No."

It made me laugh, "Don't worry, I don't have an ashtray or anything in here anyway. I'll wait until you least expect it."

He pulled them out of his pocket and tossed them on the floor. "Just in case."

I rolled my eyes but smiled. I like this. Besides the fact that I'm crazy tired. This was nice.

"You know, I was thinkin'," he started, propping himself up on his elbow, "since we're like...together and all...-"

My phone started ringing in my pocket. I was going to silence it and let him continue, but once I checked the caller id it said 'Grandma'. "Uh..hold on just a second? And don't say anything."

My grandma is one of those movie star grandmas. Like the one in that one show...Gilmore Girls? Something like that. She's very very high class. Her and my mother used to absolutely hate eachother. Back when my mom was married to my dad. She's one of those dyes her hair red every week, does yoga every tuesday and thursday kind of old ladys.

The bad thing is, everytime we argue about something? Like, how I think not all chicks have to wear dresses and skirts or something? Or how I think theres absolutely nothing wrong with listening to 'angry' music. She always says 'Oh dear, your mother used to say the same thing, you'll grow out of it.'

My mother says the same thing too.

They're both wrong.

I flipped it open, "Hello?"

"Lisa dear!"

I sighed, "No Grandma, this is Chelsea."

She gasped, "I'm sorry honey you sound just like your mother!"

Her old feeble voice made me just smile and continue. But god she called my phone! Why would my mom answer my phone?!

"So how is everything there? Is your mother doing ok? I couldn't get ahold of her.."

I rolled onto my back and looked at he ceiling as Frank waited patiently. "She flew to Montana I think for work today. Maybe she hasnt turned her phone back on or something."

"Well thats nice."

I didn't say anything for a second. Thats another reason I dont like her. Everythings always 'nice'.

"So how is your december going up there?!" she asked excitedly.

"It's ok. Some snow and stuff. Cold. Typical Jersey winter."

"Well thats nice."

Once again. I didn't say anything. Thats a real conversation-ender ya know?

"How is school?"

I sighed, she wants something. I'm waiting for the reason she called while she carries on. "It's ok. Normal and stuff."

"Well thats nice.... So are we going to get to see you for christmas this year?"

I knew it.

"Nope not this year grandma, sorry." It's been like, three years since I've seen them for christmas.

She scoffed, "Chelsea Lynn-"

"Mae."

She paused a second, "What?"

"It's Chelsea Mae, grandma. Chelsea Mae." I saw Frank smile at the mentioning of his nickname for me.

I could tell she was rolling her eyes, "Chelsea I'm your grandmother I think I know what your middle name is dear.."

"Yea well its my middle name and I'm pretty positive I know that its Mae. Lynn's mom's middle name."

She gasped, "Oh thats right I'm sorry! Thats nice well anyway. You're going to have to come see us sometime."

I rolled my eyes, "I know grandma I'm sorry. I'll talk to mom about it when she gets back."

"When does she get back?"

"Twenty-eighth I think? Something like that.."

She gasped, "That long?! Now you don't need to be by yourself that long Chelsea Manson. It's not like you have that stupid father of yours to look after you anymore."

I frowned and glared at my ceiling. "I'd prefer if you didnt talk about him to me, or in front of me for that matter," I replied, trying to be civil. "Besides, I'm almost seventeen. I can take care of myself."

She laughed, "Thats what your mother said and she went off and got pregnant and had to marry a complete trashbag!"

I gasped, my mouth hanging open in shock. I quickly sat up and snarled, "Well you know what-!"

"I'm sorry Chelsea thats sounded harsh I just meant that-"

"No! You don't talk shit about my mom for one. But you really don't talk shit about my dad!"

Frank was quick to follow. "Chelsea whats wrong?"

I quickly shushed him, not wanting her to hear him and start accusing me of things.

She scoffed, "He left you Chelsea. How can you have respect for him?!"

"Because he's all that I've got!"

She laughed, "Chelsea you dont have him! You havent had him for almost five years!"

I wanted to kill her. To stab her through the phone. As close as I got to that though was, "You stupid bitch!"

She gasped. And Frank said, "Chels just hang up!"

She heard him that time. "Is there someone else there?"

"No it was the tv," I hissed, glaring at him slightly.

"Just hang up!" he repeated, except quieter.

No use in that though. She was paying close attention now. "Chelsea Mae! Is there someone else there?! Don't you lie to me." She gasped again in realization. "Chelsea is that...is that a male?! Was that a male voice I heard?!" she interrogated. The volume of her voice rising, as if it was a sin for me to have a guy in the house with me alone. Its not like we were screwing or anything. But its grandmas, you know?

I had to think of some way to get rid of her. I really didnt feel like talking to her anymore, and I was really tired. I pretty much dug my way into a hole and I was determined to cheat my way out of it. "Grandma, I really dont wanna talk to you anymore," I said in the kindest way possible.

She scoffed, probably in utter shock that her own granddaughter would say such a thing. "Well I-! Well then-! I guess I'll just-! Chelsea Mae I am calling your mother!"

And with that she hung up.

"You stupid fucking bitch!" I screamed at my phone. Throwing it on the floor next Franks cigarettes. Except with more force, causing the back cover to pop off.

"What the fuck was that?" Frank asked, picking my phone back up for me and putting it back together.

"My stupid grandma! She expects me to come visit her voluntarily yet shes so oblivious to all the insults she always says to me! And did I not ask very nicely for her to not talk about my dad?! DID I NOT?!"

"You asked very nicely for her to not talk about your dad," he confirmed with a smile. Putting his arm around me. "I'm sorry."

"ME TOO! Cause shes asking to die!"

He laughed and kissed me.

I stared at him for second. Wonder why the hell he just did that, even though I wasnt argueing. "I'm so pissed!"

"I know," he nodded with a smile. "I like it."

Against my will, that made me laugh, and I shoved him away. But him being him, he just pulled me back and, with a smile, kissed me again.

Frank, at his best.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry guys. Thank you so much everyone thats stuck with me even though it takes me a zillion and a half years to update.

This chap is foreshadowing somewhat. I think.. *shifty eyes*

Comments are the second most amazing thing in the world. The first being banners. =)