Seventy Times Seven

Chapter 6

Chelseas POV

I walked out of the unfamiliar house, tears going down my face, having absolutely no idea where I was.

Walking out to the street, nothing really seemed to click as to where I was at. After looking around for a second, I couldn't decide on left or right. I sat down on the curb with my face in my hands.

I heard somebody sit next to me and put an arm around me. Out of instinct I jumped. Whoever it was let go, and I looked over, but it was just Gerard.

"Sorry.." we both said at the same time.

"It's ok. I don't even care," I mumbled putting my head back down. After a second he put his arm back around me.

"I'm really sorry about Frank.." he muttered, his arm beginning to be comfortable. It was kinda nice, its been god knows how long since I've had a hug.

I looked back up and shifted a little. "Why should you be? He's the one that wants to kill me.."

He smirked, "He so does not want to kill you. Hey do you care if I had my little brother drive your car back to your house? I normally drive him home but I was here..and your car would be stuck at school otherwise.."

I laughed a little. "Yea, you seem to have everything under control. Do whatever."

He nodded, and we sat there for a second. I wish Frank wouldn't hate me. I've never felt so powerless. I have nothing in life really. No friends, hardly any parents, just some guy that wants to kill me. I'm just some stupid chick that everybody hates, that likes to clean!

At the thought I put my head back down and tried to hold back a few more tears. "Hey, dont cry, I hate it when people cry.." Gerard muttered, pulling me into a side-hug. Oh god, hugs are so great. I kinda got a little carried away and squirmed over next to him so I could put my head on his shoulder. I don't like, love him or anything, its just been a while since I've had a hug, so I'm taking advantage of this. I don't know, I'm a freak. But he didn't seem to mind.

"Why does Frank hate me?" It was really obvious I was crying.

"He doesnt, Chels, he really doesnt..."

I smirked, but stayed put to his shoulder. "Yea thats hard to believe."

"I know, and I don't blame you. But seriously Chelsea, he doesnt hate you. Just..trust me. I don't think he'll be hurting you anymore. This really did a lot to him..I don't think I've ever seen him so..out of it..."

I didn't say anything. Just kinda sniffed. "Fuck I think I just got snot on your jacket..thats disgusting," I said picking up my head and rubbing at some of the wet spots, then wiping my nose.

He just laughed lightly, "Yea it is kinda. Don't worry about it though its cool. I'll just like, wash it or something," he said tugging on me slightly so that I would put my head back down. It didn't take much. His shoulders comfortable.

"So..you gonna be ok?" he said after a second.

"Mm..as long as you don't try to kill me next."

"I wouldn't do that. I think you're cool, and Ray couldn't hurt anybody unless somebody really pissed him off. And that doesnt happen much..I was kinda scared for Frankie today..haha."

"Awesome..I could use somebody that didn't hate me. Fuck, do you have to leave? You're kind of comfortable.." I was beginning to doze off..

"Unfortunately yes. Or else this could get awkward. Besides, we're sitting on the side of the road.. But we can talk for a while if you want. I don't mind, just dont fall asleep or anything," he mentioned as a car drove by. It waved my hair a little and I tucked it behind my ear. Deciding to get up at his comment.

"Can I like, ask you a list of questions and have you answer them full on honestly? Even if it makes me cry and like, kill myself or something?"

"Um..should I say yes?"

"Yes."

"Then..I suppose.. But don't let someone as stupid as Frank make you kill yourself.." he said with a skeptical look. I ignored the comment.

"Ok, first. Why does Frank hate me?"

He rolled his eyes, "I already told you this. He doesnt hate you."

"Well then fine. Why does Frank not hate me and beat the shit out of me? I mean come on the least he could do is hate me right?"

"He..likes you.."

"HAHAHA-"

"No really. I probably shouldnt tell you this but whatever. He likes you..and..I think he's always convinced himself that he hated you..so he was an ass to you. But like, when you quit talking to him? And like, ignored him and stuff? That really bothered him. He..didn't have your attention anymore.."

"Theres other fucking ways of getting my attention than trying to kill me," I said angrily.

"Thats what I told him. I think he's finally starting to get that-"

"Yea right. I'll be lucky if he doesnt shoot me now that I'm not forgiving him again.."

"Chelsea stop it. Really, ok? I don't fucking blame you for hating him but I just really want you to know that he feels like shit about this."

"Fuck yea he does! He should to! He owes me dammit!" I said pointing toward the house loosely.

"You're right! You are totally right and I don't blame you for any of that. But really. He does not hate you. And..he's probably going to try to gain your trust back, and this is going to one fucking long uphill battle for him but I know Frank and I happen to be one of his friends thats gonna be leading him in the right fucking direction. He's not going to ever touch you again, me and Ray wont let him, and..I hope someday you'll be able to forgive him. I'm not saying it will be soon or that he deserves it, but I just hope someday you can."

He watched me, waiting for my reaction. I winced, hoping it would lessen the newly forming tears.

I stole a glance at the window of the house. There was a miserable looking Frank, watching out the window intently.

"Can you take me home.." I asked quietly toward the window before turning back.

Gerard continued watching me. Until he finally sighed, "Yea I could probably do that.."

He got up first and helped me up. He half smiled. "What?" I asked.

He just shook his head. "Nothing. You're just really light. Wasnt expecting that when I was helping you up."

"Oh, heh. Yea, I used to weigh a lot. But I went all anorexic and stuff when I was in like, seventh grade. Been tiny ever since. Really sucks shopping for clothes," I rambled as I got into his car.

"Yea? Why were you anorexic? If you don't mind me asking..."

I sighed, "Lots of shit was happening..dad left..mom had her job..him.." I said gesturing toward the window. "Eating was the last thing on my mind."

We drove down the road ways, until I realized something. With a smirk, I added, "The funny thing is, dad's still gone, mom still has her job, and Franks still an ass."

He just looked at me weird. "I don't see how its so funny.."

"My lifes just as fucked up now as it was three years ago."

He didn't seem to like the idea. "No its not," he said sharply as we pulled into my driveway. Ray doesnt live as far away as I thought..

"How?"

"You've got me now. And Ray, and Mikey. You've got friends you can go to when shit happens." I leaned against the car seat watching him, trying to see what he was getting at. "You know, to remind you to eat and stuff," he added with a smile.

"Wow, you really know how to make me feel better," I said quietly.

"Well, I'm sure anyone could if they tried. It's not very hard."

I blushed a little. "Thanks, it means a lot, to have someone to talk to really.. And I'll consider forgiving Frank an option. But it's gonna take a lot of fucking convincing," I said sternly.

He put his hands up defensively, "Totally understandable."

"Thanks for the ride," I said as I got out. Then remembered something. "Wait, who the hells Mikey?"

He just smirked, "You'll probably meet him. He's my brother. He's pretty cool."

"Oh, ok..sweet," I said, liking the idea of someone else to consider somewhat of a friend. "Thanks Gerard."

"No problem. See you at school." He left, and I headed for the shower. Feeling a hell of a lot better.
♠ ♠ ♠
just for future reference? i never intend on them getting any further than best friends. shes got someone else in line for her. *wink wink* not for a small while though!!

marshmellows for MCR.dork.loser and skittles and tacos for head_banging_queen and pb mms for you hoes that read without commenting!! lol you guys all own though. so what do you think?