Lips of a Liar

Apologies and Fights

It was twelve at midnight and Zacky was finishing the last few problems on his Algebra homework. He had set his mind on homework, and not his phone that laid across his room, ringing every five minutes. He had checked the caller id and Brian's name appeared every time. He was getting sick and tired of him calling and texting him. He didn't want to talk with him, or see him, though he knew soon he would have to face and hear what he had to say. He just wished the feelings he had for Brian would leave.

The next morning, Zack had woken up early the next morning. He had finished getting ready and he was already on the way to school. He looked around for Matt or Jimmy, even Johnny, though he seemed to not see either one of them. He spotted Brian running his way, and he began to walk faster towards the main door. Though Brian had caught up with him before he opened the door, grabbed his arm and took him to the back of the school.

Zacky pulled his arm back and began to walk away before Brian stopped him.

"Zacky, what the hell is up with you?! You've ignored my calls, texts, everything! What I do?" Brian huffed angrily, staring at Zacky. Zacky looked away from his gaze, and bit on his lip. He didn't want to talk with Brian now, and he as sure wasn't gonna listen to him.

"Oh you did a lot, so I am gonna go," Zacky began walking again.

"Okay if I did a lot, do you mind telling me what I did?" Brian asked, crossing his arms over his chest. He stared deeply into Zack's eyes, making him more nervous then he had been in his life.

Zacky looked around, searching for Matt or Jimmy, though they didn't seemed to be anywhere. He bit his lip down harder and turned his gaze on Brian, who was waiting for Zacky's explanation. There was a thick, awkward silence between them, until Zacky couldn't take it anymore and spoke.

"Well um, you...you ignored me when I said hi the other day," Zacky pointed at him.

"Really? Is this ignoring me thing about that?" Brian grabbed his head, rolling his eyes on the process. "Did you want me to blow up on your face?! I didn't want to yell at you because I was pissed off that day, man."

Zacky lifted his eyebrows and he questioned what Brian had said mentally to himself. Was it true? Brian wasn't ignoring him just because they were at school and could ruin Brian's reputation? Did Zack really believe Brian?

Zacky stuttered for a while trying to complete at least one sentence. "I-I'm sorry... I was just...I was mad because you ignored me and didn't tell me why."

"Oh god. I tried to talk to you yesterday, and what did you do? Close the door on my face. I knocked for some time and no you still did not open the fucking door. I texted you, tried to call you, and even told Matt to tell you that I wanted to talk with you," Brian said in a rush.

"Matt never told me anything, at all," Zacky confused wondered why Matt didn't tell him anything. "No hold up, I think he tried to tell me, but I didn't listen."

Image

"Zacky...Zacky!" Zacky turned around and watched as Matt caught up with him. He stared at him and waited for him to talk. "Brian wants me to te-"

"What? I can't hear you dude," Zacky continued to walk.

"Yeah you can, now listen to me," Matt grabbed his shoulder and spun him around, though Zacky couldn't hear what he said because of his headphones and the loud music of Guns N' Roses.


"So you ignored him?" Brian asked.

"No, I had my headphones and the music loud, so I literally didn't hear what he said," Zack scratched the back of his head nervously. "So um, I am deeply sorry, I didn't know. In a way I was stupid. Are we okay?"

Brian laughed, "very, but yeah we're okay. Shit dude, class already started." Brian chuckled, though he didn't move.

"WHAT!" Zack yelled and grabbed Brian's arm tugging him to their first class. Though he stopped before they entered the class room. "Dude we are behind in the project, and we haven't done shit on it. Go to my house today or yours?"

"Mine, now let's get inside before we are more late."

"How's that possible, we are already fifteen minutes late" Zacky laughed and both entered the room.

Both Zack and Brian walked to where Matt, Jimmy and Johnny sat under their hangout tree. Though Brian's friends stood in front of both of them.

"Hm, I see you're hanging with douche here, now huh? And his little freak of friends," the kid with blond hair spoke. His name was Adam, and he had taken over Brian's little 'gang'.

"Listen dude, you have no fucking right to call anyone a douche or a freak, because you are both of those things," Brian growled.

"Nah man, I ain't any of those," Adam spoke taking a step closer to Brian.

"So what, now you believe you are king of the world? Listen, just get the fuck out of my face and bother them at least," Brian pointed to the six guys behind Adam, and then pushed his way through them. Though Adam grabbed Brian by his shirt and turned him so he was staring right at him. Zacky only stared at them, he knew exactly what was gonna happen, and he knew he had to stop it.

"Come on Brian," Zacky pulled Brian, but Adam punched him in the face and threw him to the floor. He looked up at Brian and saw him punch the six guys. He looked over to Matt, Jimmy and Johnny and saw the three running their way. Johnny kneeled next to Zack covering his bleeding nose with a piece from his shirt, while Matt and Jimmy helped Brian fight Adam and the other guys.

"Dude, your nose is bleeding real bad. Guys we gotta get him to the nurse," Johnny spoke trying to make Zack's nose stop bleeding.

Brian carried Zack and took him to the nurse's office, Matt, Jimmy and Johnny behind him.

"You'll pay for this assholes!" Zacky heard Adam yell.

Zacky stared up at Brian, his eyes closing for some seconds, and he smiled at Brian until he was unconscious.