Lips of a Liar

Shattered

As he walked down the sidewalk, Zacky could only question the feelings he had for Brian. Were they real? Or was it just a small "high school crush" he would soon get over. No he knew that what he felt was very real. Though he knew that Brian was straight and he had to do what Brian asked him to do. He had talked to Monica's friend, Esmeralda, telling her to meet him at the park in fifteen minutes. He liked Esmeralda, she was a great friend to Zacky. She was the first one to welcome him to the high school and she hung out with him for a while. Esmeralda was very popular, but she didn't like it. She wanted to be left alone, and didn't like to date jerks. And even though she was popular and Zack wasn't, she liked to hang out with him.

When he got to the park, he saw Esmeralda sitting on the swings, moving slightly a bit. She lifted her head and saw Zacky, then she was hugging him.

"Hi Zacky," she said smiling at him. He smiled and said hi to her.

"Wow it's been long since I last saw you," Zacky told her as they both sat down on the swings.

She nodded.

"So why did you need to talk to me about?" she asked. Zacky looked at her. As much as he loved Esmeralda as a friend, he had an extreme jealousy towards her for what he was about to do.

"You know Brian Haner?" Zacky asked, and she nodded. "Well would you like to date him?"

"Zacky you know I don't date, especially jerks and especially someone who has made my best friend's life hell for years, Zacky."

"But after you get to know him, he's actually pretty nice," Zacky told her. He saw the look that Esmeralda gave him, and Zacky knew it wasn't going to be easy to make her go out with Brian. Something Zacky wanted.

It had taken at least thirty minutes to get her to finally say yes. Zacky was shattered, but knew that Brian would be happy with him. They hung out for a while and then she had to leave, saying she was going to a fancy dinner with her family and some relatives. Zacky understood and said good-bye to her. He sat alone in the park for a while and then went back home. He sat in his bed and grabbed a book from his book shelf, turning to the marked page he had left. Zacky began reading and then he looked at the wet spot from a tear on his book. He wiped his eyes and looked at his fingers. He was crying.
♠ ♠ ♠
Esmeralda