Lips of a Liar

Stealing

By the end of the day, Zacky had to go home and finish the work he was assigned before he went back to school. It was Friday night already and Monday he could go back to school. He hadn't done much in the last week, all because of Matt, Johnny, Jimmy and Brian. But he knew he had to get back on track and finish his work. His mom was working the nigh shift, and he had the house to himself. His sister wasn't home, she had to go back to work.

Zacky's stomach growled and he got up from his chair and went outside his bedroom. He rummaged through the fridge, shocked to find nothing good to eat. He walked up to his room and grabbed his wallet from inside a shoe box. He grabbed a twenty dollar bill and put his wallet back inside the box and put it inside his closet. He closed his door after he walked out of his room and went straight to the front door. He wanted to buy some food at the local store. It wasn't so far away from his home, so it would take him at least ten minutes to get back to his house.

He hummed to himself as he walked inside the store and went to the chip isles and grabbed two bags of Lay's. As he walked towards the sodas, he bumped into Johnny, Jimmy and Brian. He looked at the three of them and smiled.

"Hey guys," Zacky said. Both Johnny and Jimmy said hi, and Brian nodded his way. Zacky tagged along with them and helped Zacky carry the two soda bottles he was going to buy.

Zacky knew exactly what Jimmy was here for. He didn't want to waste his money, so he stole what he could and made a run for it. Jimmy had gotten caught probably three or four times, but Zacky knew Jimmy was smart and could lie his way out of those kinds of things. But at times he wasn't lucky.

As he made his way down the isles, Zacky noticed Jimmy slipping some gum and four pieces of chocolate inside his jacket. He rolled his eyes and hoped Jimmy would have luck and not get caught. Zacky paid for his stuff and sighed when the four of them walked outside. Even though Zacky wasn't too thrilled Jimmy had stolen again, he couldn't help but giggle at the memory when Jimmy first got caught.

They weren't so far away from the store, when they heard police officers yelling at the 'kid with huge hair and orange robe'. Zacky knew what Jimmy would do, and that was run, but he didn't which surprised him. The sign on officers yelling was usually Jimmy's sign to run into another direction, loose the cops and eat his stolen food, so this surprised him. The police officers cuffed Jimmy when they finally got to them, and took Jimmy inside the police car that had arrived. Before Jimmy was inside the car, he looked at Johnny and winked at him. Zacky looked at Johnny who was smirking. Of course Zack was suspicious. A police officer stayed and looked at Brian, Johnny and Zacky.

"You guys have to come with me," the officer said. Zacky looked at Brian and Johnny, and they both shrugged his way. Zacky sighed. He hoped he wouldn't get in trouble for the whole thing. But there was a slim chance he wouldn't. He looked at Brian and Johnny and he seemed surprise. They weren't showing any emotion, they had plain, blank faces, like they didn't worry about the whole thing. And Zacky was shocked.