Lips of a Liar

Police Station

The three boys followed the officer into the police station, and took a seat in some chairs. The officer had told them to wait and so they did. Zack was still very confused as to why Johnny and Brian were so chill about the whole thing. They had just gotten arrested, sort off. Johnny should be the one to be at least freaking out a little, Zacky thought. Zacky knew that if Johnny's mom found out about him being at the police station she would flip. He didn't think about it anymore and just sat still waiting for the officer to come back.

Fifteen minutes later, Zacky sat alone. Two officers had taken Brian and Johnny for a small questioning. Zacky wasn't so sure as to why he wasn't being questioned at the moment. Then another officer called him and took him to what Zack thought was the officers office. Zacky sat down and played with his fingers for a little and watched what the officer was doing. He felt so nervous he knew that he would end up stuttering soon.

The officer looked at him and leaned forward, only making Zacky more nervous.

"So what were you and your friends doing at the convenience store?" the officer asked.

Zacky moved slightly in his seat and looked at the officer. Suddenly he felt confident in himself and began to feel relaxed.

"Buying junk food," he said. The officer nodded.

"Do you know what your friend, Jimmy, stole?" the officer asked again.

"As far as I'm concerned, Jimmy didn't steal anything. Plus Jimmy was next to me the whole time and I didn't see him grabbing anything at all," Zacky says.

The officer nods and tells Zack he can go. Zacky gets up and walks as fast as he can out of the officers office. He notices Brian and Johnny sitting down on the same place they were before and Zack sits next to them. They wait in silence and see when Jimmy walks towards them.

An officer meets with them and asks if they can call someone to get them.

"I can call my mom," Zack offers. The officer makes Zack follow him and soon Zacky is talking with his mother.

When Zacky walks back to were the guys are, he looks at Jimmy and smiles, though also gives him the look that clearly says 'you're in trouble'. Jimmy laughs and pats Zacky on the head.

Ten minutes pass and Zacky's mom walks inside the police station. Zack waves at his mom and gives her a hug. One of the officers tells Zacky's mom they can go, and to stay out of trouble. Surely enough, Jimmy chuckles and rolls his eyes.

"Can you believe that guy? Stay out of trouble kids. Douche," Jimmy says making Johnny, Brian and Zacky laugh.

As soon as they get inside the car, Zacky's mom asks what they had done.

"Well it's Jimmy, you should already know mom," his mom laughs and tells them how much of troublemakers they are.

His mom drops Johnny off first at his house, the guys telling him goodbye. Next is Brian and soon Zack, his mom and Jimmy are back at Zack's house. Jimmy asks Zacky why his mom didn't drop him off by where his car was.

"My mom is willing to give you a place to live, so you're living here," Zacky answers his question.

"Sweet," Jimmy smiles, walking to the living room and laying down.

Zacky watches as his mom prepares something to eat.

"So who's the kid that my son has his eye on?" his mom asks. Zacky looks at her.