Lips of a Liar

News And Something More

Matt sat down between Zack and Jimmy and ate the stolen chips Jimmy was willing to share with them. Zacky wasn't too sure what to expect from what Matt was about to say. In fact if it involved Brian he didn't quite care. He was just hoping they were good news, he needed some good news. He watched as Matt and Jimmy continued eating and no word came out of Matt's mouth, only the sound of him munching. Zacky rolled his eyes and took the chips away from them, earning glares from both Matt and Jimmy.

"Dude," Matt said.

"Tell me the fucking news!" Zacky yelled frustrated.

"Oh yeah that," Matt said leaning back in the couch and setting his feet on the coffee table.

"Matt," Zacky warned.

"Okay, well guess who and who broke up?" Matt said.

Zacky only rolled his eyes and turned to grab the chips he had dropped on the floor. As he took the bag of chips he looked at Matt.

"Well guess," Matt insisted.

Zacky looked away and ate the chips, not bothering to answer such question. He knew, of course he did. It was bound to happen sooner or later, but he wasn't so sure why this soon. Zacky didn't bother turning around and continued to look at the wall, just waiting for Matt to take the hint and just tell him. Besides Matt knew Zacky didn't like to guess, ever.

"Brian and Esmeralda, great huh?" Matt said.

"Was that all? Does this face say that I care and I'm happy about it?" Zacky replied and glared at Matt.

Matt looked at Zacky and smiled. "Yes."

Zacky frowned and looked away eating at chips. He couldn't hide it, it was impossible. Especially from his best friends, or Matt and Jimmy the ones that could read Zacky so easily it even scared them both. He couldn't deny he actually felt happy, and he of course cared. It was Brian after all. Even though he might of been a douche before, he couldn't hate him. For much he tried he always went back to having that small little heartbeat skip whenever he saw Brian. And it made him feel ridiculous and stupid.

"Cheer up bro, I'm pretty sure this made your day. Am I right?" Zacky nodded and handed Matt and Jimmy their chips.

"So, do you know who broke up with who?" Zacky asked his curiosity taking over his senses.

"Um, I heard it was Brian but then I heard it was Esmeralda, so not so sure. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Brian though," Matt said shrugging and eating away at the chips. Jimmy tried getting some chips but Matt slapped his hand away, making Zacky laugh.

He got up and walked towards the coat rack, grabbing his jacket and opening the door.

"Hey where you going?" Jimmy said.

"Going to see someone," Zacky said.

"Who, your lover?" Matt said laughing, while Zack glared.

"We're coming with, got a lot to ask," Jimmy said standing up along with Matt, and walking towards Zacky and out the door, grabbing Zacky by the arm and closing the door.

Zacky sighed and walked beside the two, making their ways to Brian's home. To Zacky's surprise, his home wasn't so far away from Brian's. He wasn't thinking of being a stalker at all, but it sure was going to come to some of his advantages. As they walked, Matt and Jimmy elbowed Zacky, making him look at the house they had stopped.

He rolled his eyes and looked at Matt and Jimmy, both of them signaling for him to go to the front door and knock. He sighed but walked, Matt and Jimmy behind him. Zacky stopped shortly and looked back at the other two.

"Maybe we shouldn't bother him," Zacky said, trying to find a way to get out of knocking Brian's door.

"No, we already walked all the way from your house, to his house. And it's a long walk, and it was your idea, so you're knocking on that door," Jimmy said crossing his arms across his chest, Matt copying him.

Zacky shook his head and turned around. "Butt holes," he whispered to himself.

He walked to the front door and stopped, looking at the door. With hesitation, he began knocking. He turned around and looked at Matt and Jimmy who only smirked at him. Once again he glared at both of them and turned around, right when the door opened.

"Zacky!" Brian said, giving Zacky a 'man hug'. Zacky patted Brian's back awkwardly. "What's up guys?"

"Sup Brian," Matt and Jimmy said in unison. They looked at each other and shrugged.

As Brian pulled away, Zacky smiled at him. "Uh, nice to see you Brian. I heard what happened with you know," Zacky said feeling slightly awkward. "So you wanna go to the pier with us?"

"Course!" Brian beamed.

Zack watched as Brian walked outside, closed the door in process. He followed Brian and then the four walked together. Zacky took his phone out of his pocket and dialed Johnny's number. He waited for Johnny to answer, but it only went to his voice mail. He sighed and hung up, once again dialing his number and waiting again for Johnny to answer.

"Hey Zack," Johnny said through the phone.

"Hey Johnny, like to hang with us today?" Zacky asked.

"Yeah, pier?"

"Yep see you there," Zacky said and hung up.

As Zacky walked faster to catch up with the guys, Brian stopped and pulled Zacky back.

"Zacky we gotta finish that project we haven't even started. So how about today at my house we finish," Brian said. "Now hurry you're a fucking snail."

Zacky laughed and walked faster. As they arrived to the pier they went under the pier, looking around. For Zacky it was weird to see the beach practically vacant. It was extremely rare to see the beach all alone. As they sat, they watched the waves approach where they sat. Zacky looked around and watched as Johnny approach them, running.

"Hey guys," Johnny said sitting down next to Jimmy.

"What's up dude," Jimmy said.

Zacky spent two hours hanging out with the guys, until Jimmy left, then Johnny and then Matt. Zacky and Brian were the only ones left. To him it was slightly awkward to be all alone with Brian, but they had been before so it was all alright. Brian hadn't talked about his break up with Esmeralda to the guys, which made Zack curious about it. And knowing Matt and Jimmy, the ones dying to know about the gossip, probably had forgotten about it.

"So Brian, you and Esmeralda," Zacky started.

"Yep, we broke up," Brian replied not looking at Zacky but instead the waves as they crashed.

Zacky frowned and tried to not make his next question sound too pushy or too desperate to know about the whole thing.

"Why? I mean I thought you two-"

"We just didn't... click, you know?" Zacky not knowing what to say, only nodded his head and closed his mouth.

A few minutes of silence overtook them and only the sound of the waves could be heard.

"You know, I actually thought I liked her, but I was wrong," Brian chuckled. "Something just told me, I wasn't supposed to be with her. I mean she was nice and all, but our differences. Well not much the differences, but... I'm not sure how explain this crap. I've never actually explained how I feel and this is a whole different thing to me."

Zacky frowned and looked at Brian, he seemed caught up in his thoughts. He didn't know what to say, hell he was just lost. He looked away from him and watched as the waves crashed.

"I understand, and I know how you feel. I mean I've never had that problem with expressing my feelings and all so I'm not quite sure how that is," Zacky finally said, sighing for making his comment sound boring and non-helpful.

"Well of course you don't, you're pretty open. Pretty sensitive too," Zacky looked at him. "No offense, I mean I just wish I could be like that. For some reason I feel like I need to have that "hardcore" ego to make people scared of me. And I've never had real friends actually, except for Matt, Jimmy, Johnny and you. All of those other douche bags, well they were practically my bitches."

Zacky sneered. "Practically? Dude they worshiped you. You were like their God."

"I guess," Brian laughed. "But honestly, I just don't get the kicks out of beating people up anymore, not ever actually. I hated it, I wanted out, but I just couldn't. And all I want is to make people see the good side of me, not that dick ass jerk that wanted to ruin people's lives." Brian sighed. "I'm sorry Zacky."

Zack looked at him and lifted one of his eyebrows. "Sorry for what?"

"For being such a dick to you, beating your ass every freaking day of the week at school. For practically killing you," Brian said sighing and closing his eyes for a while.

"Brian, you're a different person now, I forgave you a long time ago. I mean before I just wanted you gone, I wanted you to get a piece of your own medicine for once. All those beatings, the name callings, everything, I wasn't going to take it anymore. You know I even tried to get buff once. Psh never did it work," Zacky said. Brian looked at him and smiled.

"Maybe I do still deserve that. You know I was actually glad Matt made us hang out, or ordered us to do it," Brian looked at Zacky.

Zacky turned from the waves and looked at Brian, and in that second he took in every little detail from Brian. The look they shared was intense, and Zacky could swear there was something behind those brown eyes. And Zacky didn't bother thinking twice as he leaned forward and watched as Brian did so too. And they kissed.