Lips of a Liar

Make Him Wait

He walked outside his room, and down the stairs. Zina and his mother were serving the food and setting plates on the dinning table. He eyed the plates: There were two more on the table. He looked at his mom, who was busy to notice his stare. Then looked at Zina, she smiled at him and told him to help her with the drinks. Sighing, he walked towards his sister and began filling up the six glasses in front of him. He filled them up with some red Kool-Aid. As he sat them down on the table, he turned around and looked at his mom.

"Who's coming over, mom?" He asked.

She turned and looked at her son, and she walked passed him, setting the food down on each plate. "Johnny and Matt, why?"

Zacky shrugged. "Just wondering."

He walked towards the table and put six napkins next to the plates. He looked around, wondering where Jimmy was.

"Where's Jimmy?"

"Went to buy some salad," his mother answered his question. "And also he'll be moving into your room, so we'll be setting a new bed there, alright."

He nodded and leaned against the wall. Everything was set and ready for dinner, and the three were waiting for Jimmy and the salad, and Matt and Johnny to arrive. Meanwhile, Zacky walked up to his room and changed into a new pair of jeans and his favorite Social Distortion shirt. He looked in the mirror, his snake bites were a little messed up, and so he fixed them. His eye caught sight of the broken phone next to his closet. Slowly, he walked towards it, picking it up and inspecting it. He knew it wouldn't work anymore, the battery was damaged, along with everything else he had kicked. And he rolled his eyes, this was a good thing for him. Sure he might of destroyed his phone, but it came to an advantage. One by one, he picked up the three pieces of his phone and walked out of his room, down the stairs, where he found Jimmy finally was home, and the salad had been served.

Jimmy smiled at him and ran towards the door to open it after three knocks. He smiled and walked towards his mom. He liked having Jimmy live with him, it was fun.

"Mom," he said, looking at his phone in his hands. "I'm gonna need a new phone."

"Why is that?" She turned around and looked at the phone. "Oh."

He nodded and let out a sigh. "So I was wondering if you can take me to buy a new phone. I'll pay for it and stuff."

She nodded and looked at the phone again. "Yes, of course. But may I ask, how did you do that?"

He shrugged. "Fell."

His mother nodded and smiled. "We'll go tomorrow alright."

Zacky walked away and made his way towards his three bickering friends in the door. He waved at Matt and Johnny, and let them in, looking at Jimmy.

"Wow, Jim." Zacky said.

Jimmy looked at him and smiled. "Well, they wouldn't shut their traps about the new video game Matt has."

He pushed Jimmy lightly and the two walked back to the kitchen, Matt and Johnny already sitting down, eyeing their plates hungrily. Zacky sat down on Matt's opposite side, by Johnny's right. And Jimmy next to Matt. Zacky looked at his mom, as she served the dessert, and sat it down on the middle of the table.

"Well, let's eat. And thank you Matt and Johnny for joining us." Zack's mom said, giving them and the rest a sweet smile.

Zacky lifted his fork and began eating the salad. Then he looked at the chicken and cut it into small pieces to eat along with the salad. As he dressed the salad with ranch dressing, he looked at the home phone ringing. He looked at his mom stood up and walked towards the phone, lifting it and putting it next to her ear. Jimmy asked Zacky for the Kool-Aid, saying it was too delicious and he wanted to have it all. Zacky rolled his eyes.

"Zacky, it's for you." His mother called, extending him the telephone.

"Who is it?" He asked, not looking at her.

"Brian." She responded.

Zacky stopped eating and looked at his mom. "Tell him I'm not home." He said. He didn't want to talk to him, not anymore. Instead, he was going to enjoy the delicious meal his mother had made.

"I already told him you're here." She said.

He sighed and got up from his seat, walking towards his mother and taking the phone.

"What?"

"Zacky, Zacky please can we talk." Brian's desperate voice came through the phone. Zacky felt more anger boil up inside him. No he didn't want to talk, not now, maybe not ever.

"I'm eating." Zacky said and looked at the clock. "Not now."

"Zacky please I just want to explain-"

"No I don't want you to, good-bye." He hung up the phone and turned around, to come face to face with five faces full of curiosity. "What?"

The five shrugged and continued eating. He looked at his food, and began eating, trying to not take his anger out on the precious food in front of him. Brian didn't deserved not even a second to explain himself. It was clear to Zacky that he hadn't changed and he wouldn't. He was still a jerk, a manipulating guy that only played with him and made him believe he had changed and became a better person.


Zack helped cleaning the table, setting dirty dishes inside the sink for Zina and Matt to clean. Johnny and Jimmy were sweeping the floor, while Zacky's mom began to mop the side Johnny and Jimmy had finished sweeping. Zacky looked at the now dish-free table in front of him and decided to help put the now clean and dry dishes away. There was a knock on the door, and Zacky looked at Jimmy let the broom drop and ran towards the door. He chuckled and continued to put dishes away.

"Brian!" Zack heard Jimmy yell. He stopped and looked at the dish in front of him. "Come on in."

Damn. Zacky thought. He didn't want to talk to Brian not even look at him or even have him in his house.

Zacky continued to hear hey Brian, what's up Brian, here in there, but he was the only one trying his hardest to pretend he wasn't even there. He could hear Brian say his name, but Zack didn't respond. He turned around and looked at his mom.

"I'm done, I'll be in my room." He said and walked away, he passed by Brian and didn't look at him. Quickly he climbed up the stairs and went inside his room, locking himself inside. Then he heard faint footsteps climbing up the stairs and then come to a stop by his room. There was knocking and then Brian's faint voice in the other side was heard, telling him to open the door and let him in to explain himself. Zacky snorted and continued to ignore him.

"...Please Zacky! I want to talk for a little bit." Zacky rolled his eyes and walked towards his window, looking outside and completely ignoring Brian's desperate commands to let him inside. He opened his window and looked down. He thought of leaving but instead, he left it open and walked to his closet, getting inside and sitting down. He closed the closet's door and pulled his knees up to his chin, making himself fit in the tight closet filled with his clothing.

Then he heard his door being opened. Someone was inside his bedroom.

"He's not here," he heard Brian's voice say. "And the window's open."

"Why is he-" The sound of Jimmy's voice made Zacky sigh in relief.

"No time to explain I gotta talk to him first." Brian said. "Come on he couldn't have gotten far."

Zacky smiled to himself and waited for Brian and Jimmy to leave. After he heard his door close, he opened the closet door and walked out. He knew having his window opened would make it seem like he had left his house. He laughed quietly and looked outside his window. Both Brian and Jimmy were walking down the street, looking here and there for him. He turned around and walked outside of his bedroom, down the stairs for the third time that day. Johnny and Matt sat on the couch next to Zina and his mom. They talked among themselves, but stopped when Zacky approached them.

He took a seat on the spare couch and grabbed the remote control, turning the TV on. He was made aware that they were staring at him, he didn't mind though. Sure enough, they were thinking of what Brian and Zacky were going on about. The conversation they heard before when Zack was talking with Brian left them curious. Though now with Brian's appearance at Zacky's home, and Zack leaving to only having Brian go after him and after they saw Jimmy and Brian walking down the stairs again, saying they were going to find him where ever he had left, and now seeing him in front of them left them more with curiosity.

Why couldn't they stop staring at him? Why couldn't they just ask what they had in mind? Instead, they continued staring until he couldn't take it anymore and walked away to the kitchen. He looked through the fridge for a Coke, and then turned around to face Matt and Johnny. He moved passed him, going to the cabinet and taking a glass cup out and pouring the Coke within the glass object. Zacky turned and looked at Matt and Johnny, who both wore confused and curious faces. He sipped the cold drink and set it down next to him.

"What's going on betwe-"

"Between me and Brian?" Zacky asked, cutting Matt off. The taller boy nodded. "Oh nothing... Just nothing."

Zacky walked passed them again, with the his Coke in hand.

"Then mind answering why you and him aren't talking? Why he is now looking for you with Jimmy when you're here? Why he needs to talk to you so badly?" Matt asked, following Zacky, Johnny behind them both. Zacky opened the back door that led to his backyard. He took a seat in one of the chairs that were there, and continued drinking his Coke. "Answer Zack!"

He turned to look at Matt, Johnny looked lost in the conversation, but Zack knew, Johnny also wanted to know why both Brian and Zacky suddenly began to fight. Zack sighed and put his drink down on the floor, stood up and crossed his arms. "You know why Matt? Do you really want to know?" Matt nodded. "Because he played me. He's just the same punk ass jerk he always has been!"

"What do you mean?" Matt and Johnny asked in unison.

"Long story short, but I won't be telling it." Zacky said.

Matt and Johnny stared at the green-eyed boy, who now was sitting on the chair, drinking his Coke. He was slightly trembling from the anger he felt.

"Yes you will." Matt said.

Zacky looked at him and shook his head. "No."

There was now silence surrounding the three best friends, only the sound of Zacky sipping away at his drink. He didn't want to tell what happened before that afternoon. He needed time to get it together. Either way, he wouldn't. What he felt for Brian caused him more pain. But what he had done, just couldn't compare to what he felt for him. The anger rose above the love he had for the brown-eyed boy. He just couldn't bare with what had happened. And he clearly didn't want to talk about it. Not even when it was so fresh in his mind. Matt and Johnny had to wait until he was ready to speak. And Brian had to wait in order to talk to Zacky. He wasn't going to let this go easily, and Zacky was sure Brian knew that.
♠ ♠ ♠
News: I have changed the name of the story. From Opposite's Attract, Right? to Lips of a Liar. It fits more to the story and I really like it. It's still the same story.

On a side note, Happy Birthday to Brian! Turns 31 today, isn't that great? Still good lookin'.