Lips of a Liar

Suspension, Again

That whole day, Zacky and Brian stayed together. It helped that they were in the same classes. Asides from everything, Zacky had forgiven Brian, and were now a couple. After lunch they went to Algebra, where both Brian and Zack were surprised they had an exam. Because they both sat at different spots, they had to separate. Zacky took his pencil out of his backpack, and two pieces of paper. He had been studying for this test for a while. But he wasn't sure how he was gonna do. Zack was smart, math was an easy class for him, but lately everything had been erasing from his mind. And he knew he was going to have to settle down or he was going to drop his grades. He didn't want that, he wanted to make his mother proud. Even more proud then she was at Matt. The thing was, and Zacky had taken notice, the first day Matt disappeared, his mother wouldn't talk. A few weeks, months passed and she never talked about him. Zacky knew she was disappointed in him. Of course, how could he just leave the house when he was so young and without permission. It didn't add up. But he was sure his mother still loved Matt like he did Zina and himself. The first time Zina and their mother saw him, they nearly passed out. It was a surprise, perhaps and huge one, but Zacky was definitely sure his mother was glad to have Matt back.

The teacher passed out the exams, Zacky grabbing his with nervousness. He looked over at the paper, and behind it. It was a two sided exam, and Zacky was glad he had studied at least for a bit. Half of the things he had studied the most, where the most important in the test. Zack was confident he was going to ace the exam, but he wasn't going to jump to a grade when he hadn't even started. He took his pencil and read the first question. The Pythagorean Theorem was what the almost the whole test was about. He had already learned that. He was taking Algebra 2, he wanted to take a higher class, but they didn't let him. He had to do algebra 2 first before he moved on. The whole system was easy for him, and he now felt more confident then ever. Fractions he did, rates and percentages he tackled, and soon he had finished. The first one, like always. He stood up, leaving his pencil behind and walked to the teacher, handing him the work of math. He had used both pieces of paper he had taken out and had them stapled behind the test. His teacher smiled and Zacky sat down. Brian lifted his head and smiled, sending a wink at Zacky. Blushing, he walked to his desk and sat down for a while. He grabbed a book he had started a few months ago, never finished it, and he figure he would finish it now. One by one, Zacky watched the kids get up and hand their papers in. Brian was the fifth person to turn in his paper. Zacky knew Brian was smart, he was sure. He had seen his grades once, and he was astonished.

There was still twenty minutes left before the bell rang and the teacher began with a new lesson. Conics. Zacky wasn't a big fan of that material, but he intended on listening to the lesson. He sat with his notebook on his lap, writing what the teacher wrote on the board. He felt his phone vibrate and he looked around, watching each face to see if they heard anything. He took his phone out and looked at the screen. New text message from Brian. He opened it, trying to make it seem like he was paying attention and not checking his phone. He read the text, a little sweet note from Brian. He turned to look at him and he smiled. Zacky wrote back, saying how much of a poet Brian was. Zacky smiled at the quick reply. Brian had written that it was only for him. He texted back, saying they had to pay attention before the teacher found out and they stopped. Zacky continued to jot down notes and helpful things that the board had. And then the bell rang, making everyone in the class sigh in relief. Zack put his stuff inside his backpack and watched when Brian walked towards him and smiled.

"Ready?" He asked.

Zacky smiled and nodded. The two walked outside the classroom and made their way to the back of the school for they five minute break they had. Matt, Jimmy and Johnny were there, talking and throwing papers. They were sitting but when they saw Brian and Zacky, they stood up. Zack and Brian were holding hands, and Zacky blushed at the smirking faces of Matt, Jimmy and Johnny.

"Look at them. I vote them both for cutest couple." Jimmy said hugging the two.

"Thanks Jimmy," Zacky said, now his cheeks burning furiously.

He wasn't sure why he was blushing so hard. Perhaps because he was now with Brian, something he wanted for a long time. Or maybe because they both were going to get teased by the three boys in front of them. But they were friends, they knew the guys weren't going to take it to a high level where Zacky would get pissed. They sat down, Brian's arm wrapped around Zacky. They talked for a little, then stuffed they mouths with some chips Johnny had brought. Zacky looked at Johnny and Jimmy. He had noticed, the way they both reacted when they touched the bag at the same time. And his brain hatched an idea. They heard the warning bell, signaling time for them to leave for their last class. They separated and Brian and Zacky walked to their history class. Before they entered, Adam appeared with another guy Zacky hadn't seen before. Zack watched as Adam eyed Brian and Zacky's hands together.

"Let me guess, you two together?" Adam asked. "How cute."

Brian pulled Zacky and was about to open the door before Adam pulled him back.

"We're going to be late to class." Brian hissed.

"Since when do you care about being late to class. We talked about this, asshole. You told me you didn't like this one," Adam said eyed Zacky.

"I was lying now leave us alone," Brian said pulling his arm free.

"No, we got business to take care of." Adam said punching Zacky in the face.

Stunned, Zacky fell to the ground, covering his nose. He pulled back his hand, now it was covered in blood. Zacky growled and stood up, throwing punches at Adam. Meanwhile, Brian had pinned the other guy, and Zacky noticed Brian's right eye was starting to bruise. Distracted, Zacky hadn't noticed Adam was going after him with two hands into fists. Though he had managed to duck and punch Adam in the gut, leaving him lying on the floor groaning. Zacky and Brian, along with Adam and his friend, had forgotten about the classroom they were in front off. Until the history teacher came out and dragged the four to the main office.

"A fight?" The principal asked. "And you were in it Zack?"

Zacky with his head hung low, nodded. He was sitting next to Brian, while he held his hand.

"They started it-"

"Adam. I don't want to hear it." The principal sighed. "I will be calling you parents and we will have a meeting together to discuss this. But as off now, you all are suspended for two weeks."

"What?" Zacky asked. "You can't do that!"

"I can, and I am. I'm sorry boys, but you four have been causing rather a lot of trouble. Again I am sorry. You may leave now. I'll call your parents, they'll come get you."

Brian and Zacky had exited the office first, their hands still entwined. They made their way to the main door of the school and stepped outside. Adam and the guy behind them.

"Nice one." Adam muttered and walked away with the guy next to him.

"Ass," Zacky muttered.

"I'm sorry Zacky."

"For what?" Zacky asked turning to look at Brian.

"For all of this." Brian sighed.

"It wasn't you fault Brian, now come on, I'm sure my mom is going to be pissed." Zacky rolled his eyes.

"My parents too."

They walked to the front of the school and sat down on the sidewalk, waiting for their parents to show up. Brian's dad approached them, and Brian said goodbye to Zacky, giving him a kiss on his cheek. He waved goodbye to Brian and his dad, his father returning the gesture. Zacky waited alone for a bit before he saw his mother's car approach.

"Ready for hell." Zacky muttered to himself, entering the car.