Lips of a Liar

Simple Smilies

When Zack sat on the couch on his living room, he eyed his mother carefully. He knew he was in trouble. Two suspensions already? It wasn't like Zack to do that. Never got in trouble, not once in his life. He watched his mother turn to face him, and the look in her eyes truly scared Zacky. He was gonna get it. Though his mother didn't speak, not at all. She only stared at him, there was no need in words to say how she was feeling. She was enraged, disappointed in Zacky, and that was what hurt him most. After a few five minutes, she finally spoke.

"Zack, this isn't like you to get suspended," she said crossing her arms. "You're grounded for as long as your suspended. You can't leave this house without my saying. No seeing your friends either. Am I clear?"

Zack nodded and opened his mouth to speak. "Mom, it wasn't my fault. Adam caused it, I'm sorry."

"It really doesn't matter know, Zack, just keep in mind that you aren't like this." She walked away and left him alone.

Zacky sat quietly on the couch and stared at his hands. He wasn't happy with himself, but he was beyond pissed with Adam. He caused all of this, if it hadn't been for him, his mother wouldn't be mad at him and he wouldn't be feeling like crap. He was gonna miss more school days, and he wasn't either happy or sad with that. Zack wanted to see Brian, he wanted to know what was happening with him. Where his parents giving him a lecture or where they like his mom? He took his phone out of his pocket and searched for Brian's number, then hit the call button and waited for him to respond. It was only his voice mail that he heard, so he left a message. He threw his phone next to him and laid down for a bit, resting.


He woke up to the sound of his phone ringing. As he took it in his hands, he noticed he had a few missed calls and five messages. None from Brian. He was starting to worry. He checked the clock, and he saw it was six in the afternoon, he had been asleep for three hours, at least. Zack stood up and stretched making his way to his backpack and took his assigned work he got that day from school. If he couldn't go to school, might as well get some of the work done and turn it in when he got back. He just wasn't sure if they would take it, anyways. He heard faint footsteps approaching the living room, and he turned to look at Zina walking with a suitcase. She was leaving.

"Zina," Zacky said standing up and dropping the papers.

"Yeah?"

"Are you leaving today?" Zacky asked looking at the suitcase in her hand.

She nodded, "yep, I have to go back to the university."

"Oh," Zacky said looking at his sister. "So we won't be seeing you for a while, huh?"

"I'm sorry Zack, but when you get to college, you'll understand. But I'll call, send mail, ya know, stay in contact," she said smiling at him and hugging him.

Zack smiled. "Cool. Well be careful." He watched her walk out of the house and get inside her car. "Bye." He waved and heard his sister yell bye.

After she was out of his sight, he turned his heel and in he went inside the house. He closed the door and walked over to his paper work, writing down the few Biology vocabulary. His phone began to vibrate and he took it in his hands, a new message. The message was from Brian, asking him if they could meet at the beach. He replied quickly and stood up, looking for a way to sneak out. He heard what his mother said, he needed to ask first. What was that a good idea? He closed his eyes for a second and came to the conclusion that his mother wouldn't grant him permission to leave the house. He was gonna have to sneak out.

Because his mother had good hearing, Zacky decided it wouldn't be the best to walk out the front door. He wasn't even sure where his mother was, so he had to sneak out from a window or the back door. The back door was more convenient to him, and he made his way to it. He opened the door slow, not making noise, closed the door and ran down the street. He found the spot Brian had said he'd wait for him, he stood there silently watching people run, walk with their kids, or surfing. No one seemed to pay attention to him, it didn't matter. Few minutes passed and he was starting to wonder where Brian was. Soon enough he saw him approach him. He smiled from ear to ear, and watched him as he embraced Zacky in a warm hug. Brian pulled away and Zacky smiled up at him.

"How'd it go?" Zacky asked.

Brian shrugged and smiled, "Grounded, can't hang with anyone. You?"

"Same, not allowed to leave my house, but here I am." Zacky smirked.

"Oh, badass, huh?" Brian laughed.

There were silent for a bit. They looked at each other and smiled.

"What now?" Zack asked.

"We could go get some ice cream or something. Pizza?" Brian asked.

Zacky nodded and they walked hand in hand to an Italian restaurant. Even though both of them were suspended from school, both grounded and not allowed to see anyone, they still were happy together. They had gone through obstacles to get to where they were, and that made them even more happier. It was rough from the start, Brian being Zacky's bully, Zacky hating Brian to no end. But they knew their hatred for each other would blossom and turn into the great relationship they were beginning to start. And that was what it mattered to them.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the end for this story. I was thinking of making it thirty-five chapters, but I'd figured it was better this way. I apologize deeply if the ending really did suck, I actually liked it. No sequel, there's no need for it. I thank you all for subscribing and commenting, I really am grateful for it. Hope you liked it, this is the end.
Upcoming Stories