Lips of a Liar

Biology Project

Monday morning was another hell day for Zack. He woke up a whole lot earlier than before. He had a math test and a chemistry test, and he did not study for neither of them. He didn't even eat breakfast and he didn't even bother to take a shower. He ran to the high school, and grabbed his books, then sprinted to his first class. He was twenty minutes late and his teacher was not happy. Though she knew he would talk back and that would make her day worst.

Zacky sat on his normal seat, and looked straight ahead, ignoring how one of Brian's friends threw stuff at him and called him stuff he simply ignored. He turned around after a pencil hit the back of his neck. The first person that caught his eye was Brian, he had a semi-smirk and semi-frown upon his face. And Zacky couldn't figure out if he was either happy about his friend picking on him or not happy at all. He turned around and continued to stare straight ahead.

He tried his best to pay attention and take notes. His teacher had informed everyone that an unit test would be scheduled for Wednesday. He hardly knew the stuff the teacher taught about Health. The sun made it harder for him to look at the board and write down what it said. He even had forgotten to put on his contacts, but he always carried his glasses. He took his glasses out and asked if he could close the window. The teacher said yes and he stood up closing the window. Zacky sat back down on his seat and began to write on his notebook.

The sound of the bell made Zacky jump, and quickly put his things away. He grabbed his backpack and made his way straight to the door, and the stopped on his tracks when he saw Matt leaning against the wall.

"Hey Matt," Zacky said, trying to get out of the classroom.

"Hey Zacky, remember, you have to hang out with your best friend," Matt looked at Brian, and then left with Zacky and Brian.

"Did you even say hi to each other this morning," Matt asked.

"Nope," Zacky shook his head.

"And why not?"

"What are you, our master or something? Do we have to—"

"Yes," Matt cut Brian off.

"Well your majesty, he was late," Brian said.

"Why were you late?" the hazel eyed boy turned to Zacky.

"Now you're sounding like my mother," Zacky chuckled. "I forgot to put my alarm clock."

"Oh, well say hi. Now"

"Hi."

"Yeah."

Matt stared at Brian, and made him say hi to Zacky.

The three boys walked to the gym and began to put their required clothes on. Zacky kept his mind and eyes off Brian's body, but the boy had an amazing body, and he couldn't deny that. Zacky did like boys, and girls, but he would stay away and not like the ones that made his life miserable every day. But he also couldn't fight off the attraction he had towards him. He knew that this wasn't the first time.

Matt walked over to him, and thumped him on his forehead, making Zacky laugh. The three boys walked out of the locker room and went straight to the bleachers. Jimmy and Johnny made their way towards the three boys and were confused as to why Brian was with Matt and Zacky, but then remember that Zack and him had to be forced into hanging together.

"Alright let's discuss your plans for today. Let—"

"Matt I think Zacky and I can make our own plans," Brian said.

"You make it sound like you're together and on a date," Jimmy laughed.

"Now you made it awkward Jim," Zack sighed.

"Okay then, but remember that—"

"We'll be watching your every move," Zack and Brian mimicked, and cut Matt off.

"Whatever assholes," Matt laughed.

Gym passed by smoothly, only laughs and no name calling or bullying. Zack was starting to feel more comfortable with Brian around. Math and Chemistry were not as smooth as gym. He hardly even had time to finish his tests. He had to guess and hope he was right, though he knew he had a ten percent chance of that happening. The rest of his classes went by faster than Math and Chemistry, but Biology seemed to take forever. Zacky hated the class, a lot.

His biology teacher had made everyone do a small quiz, which Zacky knew he had passed.

"Alright students, this is the fun part. You will be pared up with a partner and you will both do a project on either one of this things I'll be putting on the board. And no you cannot choose who your partner will be, I'll choose for you," the teacher said. "Okay, umm, Marissa and Daniel. Pamela and Sandra. Will and Eliza. Zacky and Brian..."

Of course Zacky thought to himself.

The teacher went through the whole partners and then told her students to pick whatever they wanted to do the project on.

"You will have to do a three page essay explaining everything you did," and by hearing that, the whole class groaned. "How about five page." the students shook their heads. "Three it is."

Zacky stood up and walked over to the board, looking at all the projects that he and Brian could do, and he finally picked one: Can plants conduct electricity?

"That seems easy, nice pick dork," Zacky flinched when he heard Brian say that.

"Yeah okay," Zacky rolled his eyes. "Miss Mullen, when will the project be do?"

"This project will be do in a month. I want all of you to take your time on this, because it will count for a big part of your grade."

"So my house or yours?" Zacky turned to Brian.

"Do you have food?" Brian asked, and Zacky nodded. "Your house."

"Okay, after school then."

Zacky and Brian walked back to their seats and didn't talk until class ended. Zacky was not surprised that he got Brian as a partner. And he wasn't happy with it. Though inside of him there was little excitement.