Status: Done?

Loneliness.

Once.

Do you know how it feels to give up all control? To lose your entire hold? Can you see that black eat at the corner of your eyes, feel your palms sweat? Do you know what it feels like to desperately want to rid yourself of that fluid; to wipe it on your sweater? But not know where your sweater is?

Do you know the taste of your stomach; of your own body digesting itself? Do you know the significance in the cracking of your bones? Do you understand the hefty load your shoulders hold? How much is that?

Do you hear and understand the severity one tries to convey through the sharp crack of their knuckles? Do you know what tears consist of? Do you understand what is felt; what is needed, to conjure such a reaction?

Have you heard softly spoken words between lovers? Have you felt the soft touch of another? Did they know?

Do you know the significance of speaking aloud when no one is there to listen? Do you understand the weight of each word spoken at an angle? And how sharply they cut the length of any available arm?

Do you understand the heft of your own blood, or of each breath? Do you know the smell of your lungs as they let loose into the air?

Do you know the song your heart sings when those words you’ve waited for; those words you’ve prayed for, are finally spoken?

Do you know the feel of God’s hands? Do you know your god like you know the crook of a mother’s arms? Are you okay, alone like this?

Have you ever seen the back of your head? And do you understand the words that reside there? Are you content in knowing those words are all you’ll ever be?

Do you know the honesty of eyes cast in a refrigerator glow? Do you know the sound of your own loneliness?

Has anyone ever told you that you are beautiful?

You are.