I'm Supposed To Love You

Good Morning

I had unknowingly fallen asleep after changing the channel and watching This Is Spinal Tap for a couple hours. When I woke up the next morning, my room smelled good, instead of old, rotten, nasty Chinese take-out. Curious as to why, I propped myself onto my elbows to getter a better view of the scene. The food was no longer on my nightstand, and was replaced with the TV remote. I looked around a little more and noticed the television that was once on had been turned off. The can of coke that I had left on the floor next to me had disappeared as well. The sheets that I was once on top of were on top of me.

Confused, I was about to get out of bed when I heard someone next to me moan. I turned in shock and saw the back of a man's head. I reached out to touch his hair when he abruptly turned toward me. I froze before realizing he was still asleep. Then I relaxed promptly when I realized it was only Peter. I sank slowly back into the bed, so as not to disturb him.

You know you love looking at him.

.... That too.

I lay on my left side just so I could face him. He looked so exhausted. I just wish I could do something to lessen his workload sometimes. I looked under the covers to make sure I didn't do something I'd regret right now, but neither of us were naked.

Awww....

I was in my boy shorts and big t-shirt. He was still fully dressed in his day clothes. I frowned in sympathy and caressed his face lightly. He didn't wake up, but it wasn't like I wanted him to anyway. He was peaceful. He was happy. I didn't want to take that from him. EVER.

As I stroked his hair and caressed his cheek, I noticed the running eyeliner on his face. It was as though he had been crying. But why would he cry? Did he feel bad about yelling at me yesterday? It wasn't even yelling. And when he wakes up, I'm going to have to remind him of how much he means to me.

I smiled as he started talking to himself and twitching slightly. I found it completely adorable.

Then he mumbled something I thought I had misheard. I leaned in closed as he repeated himself, as though he knew I didn't hear him. "Audrey," he moaned. I giggled lightly and blushed as he moaned my name once more. "Fucking," he mumbled. What?

Maybe he's dreaming about fucking you.

Don't be disgusting.

Yeah, you're right. Having sex?

No!

Making love?

SHUT UP!

Alright, alright.... Hand jo---.

UGH!

I focused once more on his sleep talking. "Hmmm," he mumbled. He groaned a couple times and sighed. "Love you, babe," he said. My eyes widened and my mind wandered through the different possiblities of what that would mean. Could he be talking about a friend... who happens to be a girl? Maybe he's dreaming about Patrick or something.

Eww.

Not that way.

Oh, yes that way.

No! Eww!

I don't know, girl. He did say your name.

Audrey isn't my name. It could be Kitching's name.

Why would it be her?

Oh my God, what if they're having an affair!?

If they were having an affair, why would Peter look at Patrick in a disgusted way every time she was present?

...

Because she's a slut.

Kitching is not a slut! She was really nice when I last talked to her.

And the first time you met, she was in bed with Brendon, who kissed you.

That's not fair. He cheated on her with me.

Chh. Yeah. Sure. That's what he said.

Whatever.

Unexpectedly, a familiar scent reached my nostrils. I nuzzled myself closer to Peter to get a better smell of it. It wasn't his usual cologne. That cologne made me go insane. It drove me crazy every time I got a chance to smell it because every time I did, I'd wish he was home so we could...

Talk?

Yeah, "talk".

But this new cologne made him smell like a gentleman, like he was of the highest class. I racked my brain for whatever the cologne could possibly have reminded me of.
It was simply beyond me. That is, until Peter unconsciously wrapped his arm around my shoulder. It was my father's cologne.

His arm around me reminded me of all those festivals, carnivals, and circuses my father and I would attend. I would walk around with a bag of kettle corn or a stick of cotton candy while my dad would lead me around. I took a deep breath and the scent took over my mind as I remembered every big bear hug and cherry drop my dad would give me. A single tear fell from my left eye as I let it dry up on Peter's pillow.

-------------------------------------------------

Suddenly, Peter took in a deep breath. Since I was distracted by the serene look on his face, Peter's quick intake shocked me. My eyes widened as I smiled while he started to stretch his legs underneath the sheets. When he opened his eyes, they darted toward my side of the bed. On their way there, they landed on me, and Peter's face broke into a smile. "Hey babe," he greeted. He called me babe. Could that mean he was talking to me in his dream?

"Morning," I returned, not getting up, or even moving.

"How long have you been up?" He asked me as I blushed.

"Long enough to watch you," I smiled.

"You're cute," he replied, returning the smile. He turned toward me and lay facing me. For a couple minutes, we didn't do anything but grin stupidly. Then Pete broke the comfortable silence to kiss me. At first, I freaked. What if I had morning breath!? But as he deepened the kiss, I doubted he really cared anyway. I moved myself closer, if it was even possible, and willed my hand to stroke through his still-gelled hair. It felt natural as my fingers weaved their way through each strand, as though there were no products in his hair( and as though his hair was naturally perfect). Soon, the kiss became more fierce as our tongues explored each other's mouths, like they had so many times before. He pulled my waist closer and moved his hand upward, rubbing my back. My hand made its way down to the back of his neck, my nails lightly teasing his skin. He moaned as goosebumps formed at the spots I left sensitive. I smiled into the kiss, happy that I could satisfy Peter and give him chills. Just then, he broke away from me to leave a trail of kisses from my jawline to my shoulders. Once he came back up, he triggered the chills by getting to my spot. It was obvious as I clutched to him and moaned lightly. He caught on and kept kissing it, just to make sure. Each time, it got more intense, yet I giggled.

Pete eventually stopped kissing me altogether, and instead took to staring at me. I looked back and giggled again.

"What?" Pete asked me smiling.

"You're adorable," I answered.

"I know," he said.

I laughed and nuzzled into his chest. He wrapped his arms around me and rested his chin on my head. "I can get used to this," he said.

"To what?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Staying in bed all morning with the girl I'm hopelessly in love with," he said.

I buried my head deeper into his chest and smiled to myself. Pete didn't say anything and I assumed that he thought I didn't feel the same way. "I love you, Pete," I mumbled.

Peter stayed silent, and I stiffened. What if he was kidding? "You can't say it back?" I asked him with amusement to cover up my fear.

"Well I couldn't hear what you said," he teased.

I wriggled from his grip and straddled him. "I LOVE YOU, PETE!" I yelled it so loud. He started laughing harder than I've seen him laugh in a long time and stayed where he was: under me while I pinned him down by the wrists. I smiled and leaned down to kiss him.

Suddenly, he broke away and had a serious look on his face. "Audrey," he began. "I love you. I'm in love with you. And I don't know what I'd do without you. I want you to know that."

Tears formed in my eyes to contrast the grin on my face. "Ditto, babe," I replied.

The rest of the morning was spent giggling, kissing, cuddling, and wrestling( strangely). "I love you"s were exchanged in heavy amounts and happy kisses were placed between the two of us. Peter spoke for the both of us when he said he could get used to this.
♠ ♠ ♠
A "cherry drop" isn't anything sexual. It's when a person lays on the floor while a much taller person grabs them by the ankles and swings them slightly for a few seconds. The person being swung is then laid back on the floor or on a nearby couch. Thank you.