I'm Supposed To Love You

Overreacting?

I guess I fell asleep, because the next thing I remember happening was Kitty storming into the room complaining about how she had to get up and answer the door because "the damn person obviously couldn't wait". But she stopped talking as soon as she came around the bed to face me. "Sweetie," she said softly. "What's wrong?"

My throat was dry and when I opened my mouth, the only thing that came out was a soft gurgle. At this, Kitty's eyebrows furrowed for a bit before returning to their place on her concerned face.

"What happened?" Kitty's voice was more threatening than anything. Maybe it's because she'd kill whoever made me like this... or me because I wouldn't tell her.

Don't put anything past Kitty. She's a beast. Mrrrroooowwwww.

Ha! How cheesy was that!? C'mon!

I made myself laugh! Yay!

"Audge." Kitty's stern voice snapped me from my thoughts, and my eyes came back to normal from their glazed state.

"Guhh-mmmm-sss-kk," I mumbled.

"You're not making any sense," Kitty said, a sympathetic look on her face.

I groaned and took a pillow from the other side of the bed, slamming it down on my head to prevent anything from disturbing me.

It didn't work.

She simply ripped the pillow from my grasp and threw it across the room. "Audge," she said calmly. "We've been completely honest with each other since we could talk. Now you need to tell me what's wrong before I call Peter and ask if he knows anything about it, therefore embarrassing you."

At the mention of his name, tears began to stream down my face again. My lips quivered as I tried to keep silent, but it was overwhelming. Kitty gently caressed my cheek as I began whimpering, but I soon started sobbing. She ran her fingers through my hair and tried to quiet my sobs by repeating, "It's okay," in whispers.

Kitty brought me up into a sitting position and hugged me tightly, rocking me back and forth slowly as I let out cries of anger and hurt into her neck. When I finally calmed down, she stopped rocking me. "What happened?"

"I-I-I drove to P-P-P---." Even saying his name made me start crying again.

"What did he do!?" Kitty's voice quickly rose in anger.

I buried my face in pillow and continued sobbing.

Drama queen.

Honestly, what would you know about this whole situation?

....

Then shut the hell up.

Kitty sighed and got up from my bed, obviously feeling defeated. But as her hand hit the doorknob, she turned and said, "You leave me no choice. I'm going to demand an answer from him myself." It was as though she suddenly remembered her threat because, before, she was about to walk out of the room. But now, she was stomping to the bed with her hand outstretched. "Gimme your phone," she said. "I don't know his number."

When I shook my head, she let out a frustrated sigh and took my purse from the nightstand in front of me. She scrimmaged through it and tossed it on the bed when she didn't find it. Then she stopped and looked at me with suspicious eyes before she reached under my pillow and found my Sidekick.

As she pressed a button to light up the screen, her jaw dropped. "Holy shit!"

I kept my face hidden in pillow because I knew it was only a matter of time before she realized I kept my phone on silent the whole morning since I got back. I knew Pete would try calling a bunch of times, but I didn't want to hear it. I also didn't want to feel bad whenever my phone would ring that horrible song.

It's not horrible. You're just overreacting.

No, I'm just really not in the mood to hear anything that has to do with him.

"Fifty-seven missed calls, and you don't want to listen to what he has to say!?" Kitty began to defend him, when she didn't even know what I walked in on. What the hell does she think happened!?

You're OVERREACTING.

I don't need you to fucking tell me what I am and am not doing right!

I got up from my pillow and stared Kitty down. She stared back at me with the same fierceness and was startled when my phone's screen lit up unexpectedly. She looked at it before her face hardened as she threw it at me. "TALK to him!"

I answered the phone and quickly hung up and put it on my nightstand with a little too much force. I got up and started tearing up again.

Then I told her everything.

----------------------------------------

By the time I was finished, we were back where we started: Her hugging and rocking me back and forth as I cried into her, though this time I was more quiet.

"What if Erin was telling the truth?" Kitty asked when I was done crying. I wiped my face free of the tears and sniffled before replying. "Part of me believes her..."

That's me.

"But it's just too suspicious. I don't blame Peter, either. Erin's really pretty."

"Oh shut up," Kitty said. "She may be pretty, but you're gorgeous, and Pete loves you. You know damn well it's just too perfect to accuse them of screwing each other. The situation may have been a good scene to say they were, but use your common sense. Erin looks like a girl who could last a month, if they were lucky. Pete's too smart to do anything to hurt your guys' relationship. To him, you look like his future."

I had to admit she had a point. Erin was the kind of girl you see at all the underground shows. She was the girl who went psycho in the mosh pits. She was the kind of girl who was too busy with the social scene to keep a boyfriend.

I sniffled again and looked to my phone. I picked it up and saw he called three more times during my talk with Kitty. I sighed and put the phone back where it was. I ran my fingers through my hair and scratching the back of my head. "I don't know what I'm going to do, Katherine."

Kitty sighed and rubbed my back. "Neither do I," she said. And with that, she left the room and slowly closed the door, like I was asleep and she didn't want to wake me up.

Before I could lay back on my bed, the door opened again. "Ummm..." I heard.

I looked up and saw Kitty in the doorway. "I don't know what you want me to do, but---"

Before Kitty could come finish, Erin came in hurriedly. "Audrey---."

I cut her off. "What are you doing here, Erin?"

"You wouldn't listen to me," she explained.

I pursed my lips and just stared at her. How can anyone be so bold to confront the girlfriend of the guy she made unfaithful!?

"Audrey," she said. She sat down next to me and held my arms to my body, as though what she was about to tell me would put her in danger. "I can't think of Peter like that. I couldn't have slept with him!"

"How am I supposed to believe that!?" I might have been dramatic there....

Before I knew it, Erin pressed her lips to mine. It was a kiss that made me think she had been waiting to do that for a long time. My eyes widened and my eyebrows furrowed as I looked at her. She pulled away and looked at me fiercely before she said it.

"I'm a lesbian."

Oh my God!