I'm Supposed To Love You

Unexpected Arrivals

I unlocked the front door to 1687 Pinecrest Ct. in Beverly Hills, CA to an eagerly awaiting Kitty. She pounced on me and made me walk her to the couch. I laughed all the way there and sat her down. "I heard about Hans," she said.

"Is that why you were waiting?" I asked, a smile on my face.

"Of course," she grinned.

Steven came beside me and dropped off a couple of my luggages by the staircase. He walked over to me and handed me his phone. I was confused until he took back the phone and put it to my ear, all while rolling his eyes.

I heard celebrated shouts in the background and said, "Hello?"

"Audrey!" It was Peter. He seemed very pleased.

"Hey," I answered, grinning broadly into the phone.

"I just wanted to tell you to pick me up at the airport."

"The airport?"

Isn't he in Chicago?

It's Wilmette, and obviously not, smart one.

Just talk to him, he's on the phone! I'm in your mind. Shouldn't you be hiding your insanity by talking to someone you can see?

"Yeah," Pete said, bringing me from my... argument... with myself....

"Which airport?" I asked.

"The only one near here, silly," I heard, no doubt with his tongue sticking out at me through the phone.

"Right," I said, feeling like an idiot. "Are you already there?"

"Naw, but we're landing in half an hour."

"Okay," I replied, sucking in my breath, not knowing what to say next.

"Thanks, babe," I heard him say, smiling through the phone, no doubt.

"No problem," I said before hanging up.

I turned to Kitty and said, "Pete needs me at the airport. Did you want to come?"

"No," she replied, smiling. "I think he called hoping you'd come alone. Go ahead. But make sure he knows he can't hog you forever." She shook her fist and narrowed her eyes at me.

"Okay, Kitty," I said, giggling.

I headed toward the door and grabbed my keys off the side table. I opened the door and was surprised when I almost knocked a laden Steven on his back. I grabbed his shoulders as he swayed and steadied him. "Sorry, Steven!" I gasped out an apology to his bright face.

He put his hand up to silence me and said, "It's okay," while inching around me. We switched places with me outside and him inside.

"Well," I started. "I'm going to pick up the guys at the airport. You and Kitty can go eat if you want, because I don't think I'll be back for an hour or so."

"No," he said. "We'll wait."

I smiled and turned to head to the car.

Finally!

What?

I get to see my lover.

Oh shut up!

Ha ha! You're excited, aren't you?

Yes. Why wouldn't I be?

I smiled to myself as I drove down Pinecrest Ct., ready to see Peter again.

---------------------------------

I got inside the airport and looked around for any indication of what flight the guys were on. I kept searching until my eyes caught the big, ever-changing board of departures and arrivals. I scanned the list to find one coming from Chicago.

ARRIVALS
11:35...............135 PANAMA..................DELAYED
11:35...............461 LIVERPOOL............DELAYED
11:35...............217 BOSTON..................-------
11:40...............519 NEW YORK..................DELAYED
11:45...............713 LAS VEGAS................-------
11:45...............433 HARTFORD..............-------
11:50............311 CHICAGO................-------
11:55 ..............221 PARIS....................CANCELLED
11:55...............564 BRAZIL..................DELAYED

At least it's not delayed.

Uh, yeah. That would've sucked...

Okay, flight 311.

Gate 3.

What time is it?

11:51.

They're already here.

Damn!

I started to run toward Gate 3 and looked around at all the people as I did. I had to jump a couple times, since I'm "height challenged".

That's when I spotted a forest green hat alongside a man with really curly brown hair. On instinct, I ran to the two figures, fighting my way through the crowd.

I reached them and found out my hunch was right. It was Patrick and Joe, along with Andy and Peter. I yelped and jumped into Peter's waiting arms. He spun me around as he laughed along with the guys.

Me?

I just couldn't stop smiling.