Status: Hiatus

Memories

Chapitre Trois.

I slammed my phone down angry at whoever it was that called me; I had enough to worry about with all this paper work. I didn’t need anymore distraction; I got up from my seat and walked over to a water fountain. I then walked back to my desk where I took out some papers and started typing. Working as an attorney’s secretary was no an easy job, there was so much paper work and so many phone calls to tend to.

I placed a strand a hair behind my ear and continued to type, I was wondering who could have called me. I never received calls unless it was Stella and she never called me during work or as a blocked number. I sighed and let it go, it was just one phone call it wasn’t going to happen again.

“Good morning, Aubrey” Mr. Taylor smiled.

“Good morning, Mr. Taylor” I smiled.

“Oh, Aubrey how many times do I have to tell you, Mr. Taylor is my father, you can call me Jake” he grinned.

I blushed, “Sorry, sir”

“That’s quite all right, anything for me? Calls maybe?”

I shook my head, “Nothing this morning,”

He raised an eyebrow, “That’s weird, well, I’ll be in my office if you need anything”
I nodded, “Yes, sir”

Stella had always thought Jake Taylor was attractive and told me more than once how he had a crush on me, but he wasn’t my type. I didn’t want to be rude but I was more of a free spirit and Jake well, he wasn’t exactly the free-spirited type.

“Aubrey?” he asked, walking out of his office.

I looked up, “Yes sir? Do you need something?”

He chuckled, “Would you like to join me for lunch?”

Did he just ask me out to lunch? Yes, I believe he just did; now why don’t you say yes.

I gave him a small smile, “Sure”

I followed Jake to his red FerrarI, while I started to get in the passenger’s seat flashbacks flooded my mind.

Spencer and I were sitting under a willow tree enjoying a picnic on a warm spring day, he had made us lunch.

“You didn’t have to do this you know” I smiled.

“I know, but I wanted to, I have so little time left here” he said sadly.

“You won’t be gone forever, you’ll come back to me” I whispered.

Spencer wasn’t smiling at all, he just had a gloom look upon his face, then I felt a pang in my heart, something was going to happen.

“I wanted to talk to you about that,”

“W-What is it?”

“I don’t think we should continue this” he whispered.

“W-what? W-why not?”

My heart was heavy and my eyes were watery, he was breaking up with me.

“Aubrey you know I love you, I really do, but I don’t think being in a relationship while touring all over the place is going to be good for us.”

“Spence I told you I would wait for you” I whimpered, holding his hands.

“I know, but Aubrey this is and will put a strain on our relationship, I rather you be happy with someone else”

My eyes couldn’t contain the water anymore, tears were streaking down my now hot cheeks, and Spencer let out a sigh and pulled me close to him.

“I won’t be happy with anyone but you”

Spencer cupped my face and planted a soft, sweet kiss on my lips, “You’re strong Aubrey; I know you can make it”

Oh, Spencer I’m not as strong as you think I am, I’m actually quite the opposite, I’m very fragile, I just mask it well.

“I’m going to miss you”

“I’m going to miss you too,”


“Aubrey?”

I snapped back, “Yes?”

“Aren’t you going to get in?”

I blushed, “Sorry, memories rushing in and out of my mind lately”

“Oh? Would you mind telling me about them?”

My cheeks burned, “I’m sorry, I can’t. It’s too personal.”

“Oh, well, that’s all right,”

Jake took us to Olive Garden, I wasn’t a big fan of Italian food, and maybe it was because Spencer and I used to go all the time and more memories started clogging up my mind.

“Let’s go in” he smiled, grabbing my hand.

I looked at him and he grinned at me, I smiled, but it wasn’t a sincere one, I was uncomfortable to be honest. I haven’t had a guy hold me hand in a long time and it felt weird, all I could think of was Spencer. All the time, more recently maybe he was near or he was thinking about me, whatever the reason I didn’t want to think about him.

Jake pulled out my chair for me; he was so polite; he sat in front of me and looked over the menu deciding what he would eat. I took in the scenery around me, families, friends, couples were surrounding us. They all looked happy, of course why wouldn’t they be happy? Unless they were hiding the pain behind that fake smile, like I was. I pretended to be all right, but after all these years; I was still in much pain.

“What are you having?” he asked me.

I bit my lip, “Ravioli, mushroom with cheese”

“Oh that sounds delicious”

I nodded and looked at my pale hands, I was putting myself through all this pain, I knew it was my fault, Stella had told me so many times to stop torturing myself. I couldn’t just forget him, I couldn’t and I knew in my heart that he still thought about me. I just wasn’t sure if he stopped or if he even still thinks about me.

The petite waitress with the dark hair and mysterious eyes walked over to us and took our menus and order. She smiled sweetly and walked back to the kitchen, Jake kept looking at her, I knew he was interested in her. So why did he invite me here? Why was I even thinking that he could be interested in me?

“You don’t say much do you Aubrey?” he chuckled.

I looked up, “I’m sorry, I’m just distracted”

“I see, would you like to talk about it?”

I shrugged, “Not really, I’m sorry for being so closed; I just rather not talk about my past,”

“Is that what has you distracted?”

I nodded, “I’ll try and get my mind on straight”

“You’re really pretty you know” he whispered, leaning forward and taking strand of my hair that was hanging in front of my face.

“Thank you” I whispered, he put the strand behind my ear.

“You have beautiful eyes, has anyone ever told you that?” he asked, caressing my cheek.
I blushed, “Um…”

Actually I have many times before you came a long, he would tell me every day how our eyes were one in the same. His eyes were bright blue and mine were bright blue as well, he would wrap his arms around me and kiss my forehead. Telling me the sweetest things in my ears.

“I’m sorry am I making you uncomfortable?”

I shook my head and lied, “No, I’m just hungry”

“Oh, here comes our food”

We sat in silence and ate, I felt bad for being so distracted around Jake, I felt like someone I knew was here. Someone I used to be around all the time, but that couldn’t be, he wasn’t here, and there was no way.

“Maggie is this table okay?” I could hear a familiar voice ask.

“Yeah, I just love Italian food” the girl gushed.

“Me too,”

My heart was starting to race, it couldn’t be him, it couldn’t be Spencer what would he be doing here?

“What are you having Spencer?”

I took a bite from my ravioli, slowly chewing, my heart racing my hands were becoming sweaty, and all I could think of was Spencer. I wanted him out of my mind and out of my heart, this person was not Spencer Smith.

“Whatever you’re having” I heard this man smile, his voice oh, too familiar.

I took a deep breath and decided to turn around, slowly, when I did I noticed a couple in the corner; I tried looking over the girl’s head to see who she was with. No such luck. I excused myself, I stood up and fixed my skirt, I closed my eyes and took a breath and started walking. I walked past the girl and noticed her date was gone. I had missed him; I wasn’t sure why I was even searching for Spencer. There were a lot of guys in Vegas that looked like him, this was just another guy.

I sighed and decided to go to the bathroom and take breather, on my way there I thought about the possibilities of running into Spencer. Surely enough as I was walking I bumped into a tall body, I looked up and I could have sworn that my heart stopped.

“Oh” I let out a loud gasp.

He looked at me just as surprised as I was, I froze, and not sure of what to do, I hoped that this was all a dream. I knew that it wasn’t.
♠ ♠ ♠
Update.(: