Status: active, comment please :D?

Keep It True.

cracking to pressure.

I sat at the couch watching television barely noticing Ava come in with a high waisted denim skirt and a maroon v-neck tucked into it. I looked down at my straight-legged jeans and a giant Yale sweater over them, she definitely cared more about fashion than I ever could, plus I didn't want to wear tight things right now. She plopped down on the couch next to me with a mischievous smile on her lips.

"Olivia," She dragged out my name in a sing-song voice and I sighed loudly. "Would you do me a huge favor since you're my favorite-ist twin sister in the whole wide world," She opened her eyes widely, jutting out her bottom lip with a puppy dog face. I rolled my eyes knowing what as coming.

"What and that's not that special because I'm your only twin sister. That's what twin means, there's only two of us," I said condescendingly, I knew she knew, but it was so much fun to play the Ivy League card. I crossed my legs underneath me and tried to watch TV, but I felt her eyes on me still.

"First of all, why so grouchy? Second of all, please please come to the party with me! Please, John wants to meet you and so do all the guys especially since Garrett never stops talking about you and asking about you," She pleaded with me, this had to have been the hundredth time today she asked me about going to the party.

"Ava, I don't like parties. I'm not like you okay? I don't want to actually like to hang out with people I've never met before. Besides, annoying me till I go isn't going to work since we're not in high school anymore, okay?" I rolled my eyes trying to dismiss her, but she clearly had other plans. She raised an eyebrow and widened her eyes again.

"Please, please, please?" She clearly ignored me and I just brought up my eyes brightly. "I'll give you twenty bucks and hook you up with the hottest guy there, please? You know I won't stop until you come," she smirked at me and I knew she was right. I rolled my eyes, and tried to determine whether I would rather be pestered or go just go to this party.

"Fine," I sighed, turning off the television and standing up so I could go change into my room. "I'll go, but I just think you should know that I'm mad at you," I raised an eyebrow at her, she shrugged her shoulders seeming perfectly fine with that. I hoped I could just slink off into a corner, until she was ready to go. I pulled off clothes and put on some dark skinny jeans and a random t-shirt I found.

"Thank you! Look cute," Ava called through my door as she walked into her room. I sat on my bed starting to read The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand before we had to go, and about an hour later she came knocking at my door. "Livy Loo," she called out, I sighed putting my book down on my bed before standing up and checking my reflection again before opening the door.

I saw she was wearing a black tank top over distressed short shorts and a pair of black boots, she had her brown leather purse over her shoulder. She probably knew she looked close to perfect, but unaware that she looked on the slutty side. I wasn't gonna be the one to tell her either part of it. I looked down at my outfit and wondered if I should change, but it was too late now. I slid on some black converses and followed her to her red Jetta.

"You look really pretty, Olivia," She smiled while turning the ignition and I gave her a curt smile. We drove for silence for a little till we were stopped at a red light and she turned to face me, "could I do your eyebrows later?" She smiled giving me the same puppy dog face.

"You look really pretty too," I added on awkwardly after the fact, she thanked me quietly and made a turn. We pulled up to her boyfriend's house and she grabbed my hand, with a literal skip in her step, I was amazed that she was so excited. "God, Ava, calm down," I laughed as we entered the house and I saw a bunch of people I'd never met before ever and immediately my heart started racing, my palms feeling the familiar sweat.

"I'm sorry, it's just been forever since you've been home and I want John to meet you so bad. You're my sister, I want you to meet my boyfriend," Ava gushed, I had already heard the spiel about how awesome her boyfriend was. I felt nervous, I didn't even want to meet people tonight or see them. "And there he is," she seemed slightly disappointed after seeing her boyfriend downing shots and letting out a roar pounding his chest. I let out a scoff, if this was her "mature" boyfriend I didn't want to see the immature ones, but unfortunately I had.

"Baby! I haven't seen you in forever," The tall lanky boy she had pointed to earlier came over wrapping his arms around her and kissing her forehead before pressing his lips to hers and I felt awkward, looking around. I fixed my ponytail before they both turned to me.

"Olivia, this is my boyfriend John," She turned to me, her bright eyes growing excited making me try to be excited as she was. I tried to not be awkward, but I just gave a small wave and smiled slowly. "John, this is my twin sister Olivia," she laughed.

"Hey, I've heard so much about you, it's nice to finally meet you," John smiled, he was really attractive, but that didn't surprise me because her boyfriends always were. What did surprise me was when he opened his arms and hugged me and I raised an eyebrow before returning to her side. As I had stated earlier, I wasn't a hugger.

"Nice to meet you too," I muttered, still not feeling that confident. Ava introduced me to the rest of the band and they all seemed like really nice, funny guys. It was a big change from the friends she had in high school, maybe she had grown as much as my father had said. Until, Ava threw her arm into the air and yelled out a 'let's get loose' and I sighed.

After a couple of shots of some awful tasting drink, started feeling my head spinning. Even though I was in college, I never drank. I had never really felt the need to even when the opportunity came up. I put my hand on the counter and I stared at the ground waiting for the room to stop spinning. That's when I noticed Garrett staring at me from across the room.

"I thought you didn't drink?" He asked sipping from a water bottle. We had both decided we were going to be straight edge, for us there was never really a point. I looked up at his bright blue eyes and tried to avoid his interrogating stare. "You know you're gonna get completely smashed if you keep going like that," He nodded to the empty shot glass and a red plastic cup in my other hand.

"I'm just cutting loose, as Ava would say," I dismissed him making my way through the house, not seeing anyone that I really wanted to talk to. Instead, I just decided to go outside, feeling the cool night air hitting my face. It was refreshing compared to the over-crowded house. I saw Ava and John sitting together with their legs intertwined, laughing together until John noticed me and nodded to Ava.

"Oh my God, Olivia! How much did you have to drink?" She stood up her eyes growing wide. I saw two beers sitting on the table by her and rolled my eyes wondering why she was going to lecture me on drinking when she was doing the same thing.

"Ava, I'm fine don't, don't worry about me," I slurred, feeling a hiccup coming on. She stood up and tried to put her arms on my shoulders, trying to look into my eyes. All I saw was big blurbs of colors, I had to concentrate to see her face.

"Let me take you home, and of course I'm worried about you," She gushed, like she was my mother. She had never taken care of me or looked out for me and I was beginning to get mad, I was doing my own thing and she should just let me be. I noticed John looking awkwardly between us, I sighed loudly pushing her hands off me.

"I'm fine," I seethed, before I stared awkwardly noting her still smothering me and I felt a little anxious, everything I had been suppressing for the past eighteen years came rushing out. "And, why the hell are you worried about me now?" I pressed on further, feeling tears brimming my eyes, not helping with the whole eye sight thing.

"What is that supposed to mean? Come on, Liv, let me take you home," She said trying to guide me by placing a hand in her lower back. I slapped her hand away and was felt tears starting to slip out down my cheek. I tried to ignore John who was sitting silently.

"You know exactly what it means! Y-you knew I liked him and if you were so worried about me then why'd you kiss him? You've always been prettier than me and gotten more guys than me, but of all the guys you could get, why'd you have to get the one who was mine?" I spewed roughly, the words hitting her like venom and I saw the hurt look in her eyes. I tried to blink away the tears that were brimming my eyes, the pain in my heart felt it happening all over again.

"Liv... I," She spoke softly, her voice seemed to be just as pained as mine. I didn't care if she felt about what she did, she should feel bad. I downed my vodka and cranberry feeling the familiar burning in my esophagus that I had adjusted to by this point in the night.

"Don't try to explain yourself, you sold me out! I'm ashamed to call you my sister and I'll fucking walk home, good bye," I said turning and rushing throughout the house. I looked back and saw Ava staring at me trying to hold the tears in her eyes that were clearly full of sorrow. I felt a pang of guilt as John wrapped her arms around him tightly, clearly comforting her. I felt my stomach turn and I puked in the bush before crying the rest of the way home.

I had lots of time to sober up by the time I walked down my driveway and sighed. Jealous of the fact she had someone to pick her up when she was down, the only boy who had ever been able to make me feel better, well, I had burned that bridge about a year ago. I felt tears pricking my eyes again and I sighed, I had successfully suppressed my feelings for the past year, but I needed him now.
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks for everyone who commented on this :)
i have lots of pre-written updates, so maybe if i get a little love then i'll totally post haha
thanks for reading!