Status: active, comment please :D?

Keep It True.

coercion.

I had successfully been avoiding Ava and the matter of going on tour with them, until the day I got back from the grocery store when I saw a white van and trailer waiting in my driveway with a pack of boys standing around. I saw Ava jumping up and down with a suitcase as she made her way down the driveway towards the boys and I put two and two together. I parked on the curb so I couldn't block them in.

"Hey are y'all leaving?" I asked quietly so only Ava could hear me. I hadn't really talked to any of the other guys so I felt weird if I was going to ask them. I felt the plastic bags starting to cut into my fingers from being so heavy. I had just gotten some diet food, ever since being home my self-esteem had been down the toilet and I figured one way to get it back up again would be lose that damned freshman fifteen.

"Have you decided whether or not you're coming? Please come Liv, we could really use you!" Ava smiled brightly after nodding happily. I would never understand how she always seemed to have so much energy. I've seen her with the master of hangovers after a spring break in Mexico senior, still bubby clutching a bottle of pain killers and a liter bottle of water.

"Ava, I would rather not talk about it now," I began before starting to walk past her. The heat was starting to get to me and I just wanted to get the groceries inside and start my summer reading assignment. I brushed past her before I heard her suitcase drop on the ground and Ava ran to catch up with me.

"No! Olivia, we can't keep putting off hanging out! I miss you and even Dad thinks you should come," Ava started protesting, her eyes growing wide. I sighed stopping and giving her my best condescending stare. I hoped that she would just give up on me. "Don't you even want to try to work on this? What about Garrett?" She asked lowering her voice and nodding her head towards my former best friend laughing with Pat.

"What?" I asked wondering when she talked to our dad about it before starting again. "Ava, I have lots of things to do and it's summer, I just want to relax and hang out here," I groaned.

"Ava, Olivia, would you two come in here for a second?" My dad poked his head out. Ava turned and looked at John and they had some telepathic conversation before he nodded and picked up her suitcase, walking to put it back into the trailer. Once she started walking, I followed her into our childhood home.

I walked straight into the kitchen, starting to put everything back into the fridge before my dad came in with an expectant look on his face, and I sighed closing the refrigerator and following him into the living room where Ava was sitting down on the couch waiting for both of us. I plopped down next to her and we both seemed anxious about what he was going to say.

"Ava, I want you to keep your head on straight and don't get into any trouble. Remember, no drugs, no boys, no alcohol and you better be on your best behavior," My dad listed off to Ava, enunciated the boys part raising his eyebrow. I'm sure he was well aware that two of those things he listed would be going on and as for her best behavior, he probably didn't have any hope for that.

"Olivia, I would like you to do me a favor and go," My dad said before he turned to to me. I raised an eyebrow, opening my lips to protest and Ava gave a smirk she always had when she got what she want. "Honey, you've always been mature for your age, but you never have any fun. Plus, I want you to look after your crazy sister," he shrugged chuckling a little.

"Dad, I-I," I struggled to find words. I wanted to tell him that it wasn't true and I had fun all the time, but I knew it wasn't. After my mom left us, I had to grow up a lot. I had to take care of myself and a lot of times Ava, who refused to grow up. I guess I should add that to the list of reasons, I didn't want to go and have to take care of her all over again.

"Olivia, just please do this," My dad started before there was a loud clunk outside and he sighed stopping in the middle of his sentence. "Ava, could you see what's going on out there, please?" Once she was gone, he turned back and gave me a sympathetic smile. "I want you and Ava to be friends, now I don't know what happened between you. Frankly, I don't care to know, but you two used to be so close, I remember in kindergarden the teachers called me and they had to let Ava into your class for naptime or she'd cry," My dad looking at his hands remembering us being little five year old girls.

"You just want me to look out for her and make sure she doesn't elope and run off with John to Rome or somewhere like that," I laughed remembering nap time myself, we used to hold hands in the darkness. Ava hadn't been sleeping since our mother left, the dark just reminded her of everything dark in life.

"Well, that too, but you do need some fun in your life. You and Garrett used to be the best of friends and you seem so sad since you've been home, just moping around here. Just go and get out of your shell a little. Go be happy and do stupid things, but make sure Ava doesn't, because her stupid things, well you know. But be young while you're young, okay?" He asked hugging me tightly.

"Fine I'll go, but only for you. How long is this thing?" I asked wondering how much I should pack. My dad always had a way to convince me, like when I wanted to stay at ASU because I was afraid of being somewhere so far away from home. My dad put it into perspective that I couldn't pass up the opportunity because I was scared, maybe this was some opportunity.

"Well, Ava packed for a month and half I think? I'll go ask her," He said with a proud happiness in his eyes and that look was exactly while I was doing it. I started walking to my room to pack, but I could still hear Ava yelling in excitement even though she was all the way outside.

"Pack for six weeks! We're going up North too, so pack a sweater! Livy, I'm so excited you're coming!" She said running to where I was in the hallway, with a dancing a little with every step. She hugged me tightly and I couldn't help but let out a laugh, but I rolled my eyes trying to keep my own excitement under wraps.

"Hey Ava, could you give me a minute to pack? I'll be right down," I smiled politely trying to get alone. She nodded and left my room, I sighed loudly before throwing clothes into a duffle bag, I didn't even know what I was packing, but I was slightly upset at the moment. My dad needed me to do this and I couldn't let him down. I couldn't let anyone down.

"Baby, I cannot wait! It's gonna be so awesome, you're gonna love her. I mean, when she's not drunk," Ava laughed, stopping to think about the fact John had already met me. I scrunched my nose wondering why she felt it necessary to add that.

"Yeah, I'm excited too, Ava," John laughed. I'm sure he had never seen so excited, after all I hadn't even seen her this excited after eighteen years and I was also sure he had his doubts about loving me. After all, the fight we had in front of him was less than lovable.

"Olivia, have fun and look out for your sister," My dad whispered before helping me out with my bag. Once he passed it off to Jared he hugged me tightly before kissing the top of my head. I smiled and nodded letting him know I would have my eyes on Ava. "You two, look out for my girls, they're all I got," He laughed pointing to John and Garrett.

"Yes sir," They said in unison, I was surprised how intimidated they were of my dad.

"Love you guys!" Our dad called out after us and we both said our "I love you"s as we piled into the new van, the boys were bragging about at the party and started driving to southern California. I dug throughout my purse and realized I had forgotten my phone charger and cursed under my breath. Now I would have to buy another one seeing as we were out of Phoenix already.

"Olivia, I promise you won't regret this," Ava said turning to face me from the passenger seat. I wish I could share her enthusiasm, but I really couldn't. I was essentially getting guilted into going on some random escapade with strangers and two people I wasn't exactly fond of. "I'm so happy you're coming!" She added on after I failed to respond.

"I'm not doing this for you, I'm doing this so you don't get into trouble and because Dad asked me to," I stared at the window, then to the long-haired brunette staring at me. I felt a familiar pair of bright blue eyes staring at me and I raised my volume so I knew he could hear me, "those are the only reasons."

"Well, now that that's settled, let's get this party started," John laughed trying to ease the tension we all felt. He turned on the radio and it was some trendy song I had never heard. I kept my eyes glued out the window as I watched everything I knew fade into the horizon, it was only in my peripheral vision I saw my sister and John find each other's hands over the gear shift. Maybe, they really were in love and she had found a guy who didn't just use her or wasn't a complete tool. I stole a look at Pat who had his iPod plugged in and seemed just as shy as me. I simply turned on my own iPod and waited for us to get to our destination.
♠ ♠ ♠
well i hope someone's reading this haha.
meh.
had to edit sorry guys.