Status: active, comment please :D?

Keep It True.

blind smiles.

"How blind are you without your contacts again?" Ava asked after she let my hair out of a bun and bit her lip. I knew that I had to do a couple of things, but she didn't have to make me feel so bad about it. I ran my fingers through my hair and looked in the mirror and saw the girl next to me looking at me as well. We had just gotten back to the hotel and she wasn't wasting anytime.

"Well, it's gotten a little better, but I'm still as blind as a fucking bat," I laughed it off as she started brushing out my hair till it seemed to explode out from my head and I gave her a skeptical smile. She pulled out a straightener I had seen her use before, but never used it on myself, every time I'd ever had my hair straightened someone else did it. She plugged it in and switched it on and pulled off my glasses regardless.

"You get these back after I'm done with you, huh, it's like those makeover shows except we don't have to avoid mirrors," She tilted her head, she seemed oddly entertained by all of this. "Ready for this Olivia Jane Hartford?" She changed her tone to be extremely serious and I nodded suddenly get nervous. She lifted up a black blur, which I assumed to be the hair thing and pulled up the top half of my hair beginning.

"Ow, ow, Ava, ow!" I complained, as she nearly gouged my eye out with something sharp, I wasn't completely sure since I couldn't really see. I tried to move downwards, but she just moved with me and slapped my arm. "Ava," I yelped before she shushed me and continued.

"Oh my God, I am awesome! You will be the death of me," Ava sighed before opening the bathroom door. My hair felt smooth and it was still hot from the straightener. I was excited to see myself since she was so enthusiastic about it "Before you get these back, I'm showing you off," I felt her grab my hand and lead me, but I still ended up hitting the door frame with my arm.

"Dude! More guiding, less pulling," I snapped at her rubbing my probably bruised shoulder, but still clutching onto her hand since I was getting dizzy from my lack of vision. I rolled my eyes as she ranted on about how good I looked, if she even let me see I would probably be as excited as she was. We both stopped and cleared her throat, I strained my eyes to see four figures all looking up towards us.

"May I present my beautiful and every charming sister, Olivia," Ava called out in an regal voice and there was silence. I'd never felt so awkward in my life, well that's not true, but it had been a really long time since i'd felt this awkward.

"Holy shit, you guys really are twins," I heard Jared's voice call out in surprise. I gave him a curt smile before hearing a collections of compliments, but I honestly couldn't really tell what came from who.

"Oh, shit, here you go," Ava said placing my glasses in my hand and I slipped them on my face before seeing everyone with dropped jaws. I smiled awkwardly feeling a blush creep onto my cheeks before seeing Ava with a smug smile on her lips. I noticed that one of them was missing and I looked over my shoulder after hearing voices.

"So, Ava, as you know my birthday is coming up and the best things in life are free and every guy wants a three-" John started insinuate before she narrowed her eyes at him. I was pretty much making the same face and his eyes grew wide realizing he was in trouble now. I tried my best to ignore them as they started bickering, I heard footsteps and turned.

"Wow," was all that came out from Garrett's mouth and I raised an eyebrow a smile coming out. That was exactly what I hoped would happen from all of this. "Liv, you look amazing," he laughed before noticing Ava sitting right next to me, I suppose he was seeing double.

"Dude seriously, if you didn't have glasses I would be getting mind fucked right now," Pat laughed before grabbing his water bottle and hopping on the couch, I was just beginning to see the ADD he was talking about. After what happened at the graduation party, I would never wear contacts ever again.

We started talking and I retreated back into my shell, I caught a glance of myself in the mirror and I didn't even recognize myself, it was literally like I was looking at Ava with glasses. I excused myself before making my way towards the balcony staring at the cars rushing past underneath me. I looked up and stared at the stars that sprinkled the black sky so delicately.

"Hey," I heard a familiar voice call out, then the sliding door closed behind him before I looked up. Garrett was standing awkwardly with his hands in his pockets, I glanced inside and saw Ava and John staring at us through the glass door with suggestive smiles until they saw me they waved awkwardly. I let out a chuckle before turning my attention back to the stars.

"Hi," I smiled before feeling my eyes growing smaller with fatigue. I laid back into the patio chair and Garrett took the seat next to me. I didn't say anything, not because I didn't want to I just couldn't find the right words. So I let the sounds of the city engulf the silence.

"So, what's wrong?" Garrett asked, I looked over trying to give him a skeptical look as if to say 'nothing' but he let out a scoff. "Don't give me that look, I know when something's wrong, I've known you well enough," he spoke softly our eyes glued to each other.

"Dammit Garrett, I forgot how you could always read me," I smiled shyly. He really could read me, even when we had just met he could tell when the slightest thing had gone wrong.

"Well, I'm glad I can, otherwise you'd never tell me anything," He joked and he was right, I was never one for just spilling my guts. I bottled things up, it always just seemed easier. I laughed and nodded, wrapping my arms around my knees still hesitant about telling him. "So are you gonna tell me what's wrong?" He asked.

"Just wanted to get out and away from everything. It kinda sucked to hear that I had to do all this shit for people to notice we're twins," I admitted quietly before flipping my straightened hair with a slight resentment. I wanted to tell him that I wished people would comment on how pretty I was or just say I looked beautiful like the way they did to Ava. I wasn't prepared to completely open up to Garrett again though.

"Olivia, you always like the fact people could tell the difference between you two. You should know you're amazing, and the best thing about you isn't on the surface," Garrett smiled and nudged me with my shoulder. "You look beautiful just the way you are, not with like eye-pen or lash blast or whatever. You're beautiful, just as Olivia."

"Garrett," I whispered softly starting to feel myself gravitate for him. I remembered how sweet he had been, like the time he found out Tommy Granger made a bet with his friends to see who could sleep with both me and Ava, he beat him up and sat up with me until I felt better. With Garrett it was impossible not to, every time I was around him I couldn't help but smile.

"Olivia, I always-" Garrett began before Pat poked his head out.

"We're going to get ice cream, come on, come on, come on!" He yelled loudly, grabbing my hand and hoisting me up until we were all rushed out and piled into the van, I met Garrett's stare and the curiosity of what he was going to say was driving me crazy, but this was neither the time nor place. I guess we had been waiting this long, I could wait another day.
♠ ♠ ♠
so what do you think garrett was gonna say ;)
thank you so much for those of you who comment
i love you oodles and oodles :)
and because i whore out my stories i have a new john one here
gracias!