Status: On hiatus.

How to Date Alex Gaskarth

Phoenix.

“Ms. Greyson, you have made it to the next round of How to Date Alex—”

I dropped my iPhone to the ground and looked up at my three best friends—Jessie, Brooke, and Caroline—with a shocked expression on my face.

“P, what’s up babe?” I could just barely make out the question from the bleach blonde in front of me. When I didn’t move or respond, Jessie asked again. “P?”

I couldn’t move. I couldn’t. The words from the phone call were playing through my mind over and over again. It had happened. It was real. I had hope. I was going to have a job. Finally! After so many applications going out to every single job at the mall, I finally had one calling me back. Except it wasn’t from a mall around here, in fact, it was from some unknown company in Baltimore, Maryland.

I blinked once, breaking my concentration, and finally let the words escape my lips excitedly. “I, like, just... got a job. Like, I’m not even lying.”

“P! Ohemgee, I’m so excited for you!” Caroline yelled out being the first to congratulate me. I watched as she stood up, causing the bottle of Captain Morgan in her lap to fall to the ground and drain itself. She glanced at it for a second, and then shrugged before closing the distance and pulling me into a tight embrace.

“I know. Like, I just… ohmygod. Daddy said I couldn’t get one, but I did.” The words flew out of my mouth at an even faster rate than before. They were probably slurred together and made little sense, but I was okay with that. This was the best day of my life ever. Well, except for that one time when daddy bought me a pony because I fell down and scraped my leg.

“Where is it at?” Brooke spoke up for the first time that night. She had been too busy looking at her nails or texting. She looked at me expectantly, a small smirk creasing onto her lips.

“In Baltimore Maryland, you know… that ‘How to Date Alex Gaskarth’ or whateve’s.” I stated, as if it was completely obvious.

The three girls in front of me glanced at each other for a few moments before they all broke out into hysterics. Had I missed something?

“Should we tell her?” I heard one of them whisper after the laughter and subsided a few minutes later.

“No.”

“Tell me what?” I demanded plopping myself onto the front of my bed. I put both of elbows on my knees and then rested my head in the palm of my hands as I watched them closely. Once again, the laughter was back.

“Oh… just that you have a pimple on your nose.” Caroline stated smoothly, before bursting into laughter once more.

“Ohmygod. Ohmygod.” I screamed and shut up from my bed. I ran past my three best friends and headed towards my bathroom. I couldn’t have a pimple now! It was the day before my first day on the job. I was screwed. My life was over.

No… no it wasn’t. I could use cover-up. Besides, I had to prove my parents and everybody wrong.

I, Phoenix Nichole Greyson, had a job, and I was going to keep it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so, I thoroughly apologize for it taking so long to get this chapter out.
I have good excuses... But I won't share them. Let's just say shit happened, and that I'm sorry, and it'll never happen again. (:
Anyway, I'm Amanda! I'll be writing for Phoenix, obviously, and another girl named Tamara.

Peace out, girl scout. (:
Manda.