Status: working on it

The Darigans of Misfit island

Chapter 7: Will father approve?

Tor reaches his little farm and runs straight to his father. "Father!" Tor runs up to him. "Oh my has something gone wrong? where did you find that shield and new sword?" Father asked. "No father something better! I'm able to go into service with the king!" Tor says still panting. "A squire? but your only a farmer your not even in the same class how can you become a squire?" Father says waiting for Tors answers. "Well father they sent me one quest to see if i was ready so i did and they liked what the have seen and said I can be a squire of Meridell or Brightvalle! Oh and grandfathers sword is right here." Tor reaches into his sack and pulls out his gran father sword. "Hm we shall see what your mother thinks of it. Did you have trouble getting to Meridell?" Tors father looks at him. "NO, well yes I did, a bandit tried to jump me but i defended myself father just enough to get away." Tor smiles and stands tall. "You didn't stay and finish him off?" Father is now looking angry. "No father the skeith was much bigger than I am so I cut his shoulder sir." Tor's shoulders slump. "Tor, its OK it takes a sorry pair of legs to stay and fight. Now go make sure your mother knows that you are home and wash up." Tor nods and walks too the garden to see mother. "Hi mother, I'm home." Tor smiles. "Oh Tor! I was so worried about you are you OK? Did you have any troubles?" Tor could see from the corner of his eye his father giving him a signal that says don't tell her. "NO mother every thing was fine." Tor smiles. "Good now go wash up for dinner." Tor goes inside and washes up.

It's dinner time and after mother says grace Tor brings up the squire form. "Uh mother? I have a chance to be a squire for Meridell and father told me to talk to you about it. Can i please be a squire?" Tors looks at his mom. "A squire? My son how? And are you sure that you want this?" Tors mother looks back at him. "Yes mother I wanna be a squire so bad and dad has to approve first then I can go live in the castle with the king and knights!" Tor gets jumpy. "Well how can I say no." Mother smiles sweetly at Tor. "Really I can!" Tor jumps up out of his seat and grabs the paper from his sack. "First father you must approve." Tor gives the form to his father. "Alright I shall sign it." Father gets his ink and signs his name on the squire form . "When do you go back Tor?" father says in a husky voice. "Soon as I can sir." Tor says proudly. "You will leave at noon and you will ride out on your uni. "Tor gets to live in the castle!" Lizzie yells. "Yes he does aren't you proud of him?" Lizzie nods her head. "I wanna see the castle." She says giggling. "Maybe soon I shall take you there.