Status: this died like 5 years ago

Touya Goes on an Adventure

The Serious and Mysterious N

Touya stood on the tips of his toes trying to see over the crowd of people. He'd been in the Pokecenter being lectured yet again by the Professor so he'd missed the start of whatever was going on.
"Touya!" Cheren shouted from near the front of the large crowd of people, waving at his friend, "Over here."
Touya smiled and quickly slipped by a few people to stand by his friend and see what was going on. It seemed there was some sort of speech being held. Speeches were boring, they reminded Touya of school. He didn't like school.
"What's going on?" he asked, tilting his head to the side and glancing at the line of ridiculously-dressed people standing in front of the crowd.
They were all wearing what looked to be chain-mail and stupid silver outfits, kind of like the knights Touya saw in lame turn-based games when he was a little kid. You never saw stuff like that anymore, maybe because all the games today were about space and had laser guns. No room for knights at all.
A man in a long robe with pale green hair stepped forward from the line of knights and began to talk.
"My name is Ghetsis, I am here to represent Team Plasma. Today I shall talk about Pokemon liberation," he said, arousing nervous mumbles from the crowd, "I'm certain most of you believe that we humans and Pokemon work together because we need each other. However... is that true? Do they need us as much as we need them? Have you ever considered that perhaps we humans only assume that is the truth? Pokemon take commands from selfish trainers, they get pushed around while we claim they are our 'partners' at work. Can anyone say that there is no truth in what I am saying?"
More nervous mumbles from the crowd. Touya turned to leave, he'd had enough of this. That man was clearly crazy. Cheren grabbed the sleeve of his jacket and pulled him back, apparently he wasn't allowed to leave yet.
"Now, ladies and gentlemen, Pokemon are far different from humans. They are living beings that contain unknown potential, they are living being from which we have much to learn. Tell me, what is our responsibility towards these wonderful beings called Pokemon? That's right! We must liberate the Pokemon! Then, and only then, will we truly be equal. Everyone, I end my words here today by imploring you to consider the relationship between people and Pokemon... And the correct way to proceed. We appreciate your attention."
The people dressed as knights turned to leave and the crazy Ghetsis man followed them, glancing back at the crowd once more, a frown on his face. Touya got a definite "bad man" vibe from him. People were now turning to each other, their words filled with doubt.
"What do you think?" Cheren asked, turning to Touya.
Touya rolled his eyes, "Something's up. I've never heard stuff like that before."
Cheren nodded in agreement and turned to watch the crowd thin out as people wandered off, obviously a bit shaken by the odd speech. As the people left someone with long green hair, much like the man who had given the speech, approached the pair.
"Your Pokemon...," he said, standing a few feet from them, "Just now, it was saying..."
Cheren looked over at the man and blinked, having been lost in thought, "Hm? Can I help you?"
Touya looked at the guy nervously. He did look like a younger, less scary version of the Ghetsis guy. Maybe it was a coincidence. Hopefully.
"They're talking," the man with green hair said again, "But it seems you two can't hear it, either. How sad. My name is N."
A letter. One letter. That was a twenty-fourth of the alphabet. Who on earth would name their child N? Maybe his parents had a whole alphabet of children, or he was a clone and there were more of him at a lab somewhere just waiting to be dispatched. Or maybe it was just short for something. Although the clone theory would make more sense, because who on Earth had green hair anyway? Besides the crazy speech man.
"I'm Cheren, and this is Touya,"Cheren said, motioning to his friend.
Apparently Touya was not trusted to talk and sound semi-coherent. Touya sighed and looked around, wondering if there was anything fun to do in this town. So far it had just been a complete bore-fest.
"You have Pokeballs," N muttered, closing his eyes, "So then you must be trainers. You're going to confine many Pokemon in Pokeballs. I'm a trainer as well but I can't help but wonder... are Pokemon really happy that way?"
The N guy stepped closer to Touya and Touya quickly took a step back. The guy creeped him the fuck out, and if someone set off his creep senses he would stay away from them.
"Touya, is it? Let me hear your Pokemon's voice again."
N pulled a Pokeball from his belt and tossed it to the ground. A Purrloin emerged from the ball and eyed Touya. He took the hint and released Oshawott, who looked at the cat and blinked. It didn't seem very threatening.
"Oshawott! Water gun!" Touya commanded, pointing at the cat.
The otter proceeded to spit a sharp stream of water at the purple feline, soaking it in cold water. It bounces backwards and ran to hide behind N, letting out a pathetic yowl. N bent down to pet it.
He stood up and said, "As long as Pokemon are confined to Pokeballs they will never become perfect beings. I have to change the world because Pokemon are my friends."
He picked up the sopping Purrloin, letting it sit on his shoulder and consequentially soaking his coat. That would not smell pleasant later.
"Well that was weird," Touya said as the man walked away with his cat.
"Don't worry about it too much," Cheren said, "I'm gonna go on to the next town. Try to stay out of trouble, okay?"
Touya nodded. Sure, trouble. Because it wasn't like he was a magnet for trouble and bad luck or anything. Cheren sighed and headed for the next route, leaving Touya to his own devices.
Time to go find something fun to do.