Innocent Little Kid With Rockstar Daddy

Lena Hates Geward

“She’s asleep right now but you can go into her anyway.” He gave a warm smile as he opened the door.

“Thanks Doc.” I smiled weakly. Lena was clinging to me she was scared of hospitals. She told me before we entered the place. “It’s okay baby. Your mom is just having a little nap.” I whispered to her.

Jam looked worse than I expected. Several monitors and drips were hooked up to her. Her right eye was swollen and her face covered in small scratches and minor bruises.

“Mommy!” Lena exclaimed nearly jumping onto her.

“No baby. Mom has lots of hurts. So please don’t jump on her okay?” she looked scared. “You can hold her hand and tell her all the weird stories about mad uncle Frankie.”

“Okay.” She said as she sat next to her mother. I picked some random magazine and started reading it for a while. Stacey came in for a while to keep an eye on Lena while I went in search of a doctor to find out what exactly had happened.

“Mr. Way I’m afraid I can’t talk to you about this subject. Call the police or talk to the police out side her room.”

The doctor really knew how to get to me. The cop outside Jam’s door gave me a similar answer. Frustrated I went out side to have a smoke and check if I had any messages. None of which were import. The phone started to ring and I answered it.

“God Gerard talk about being ignorant!” it was Cortez. Wonder what he was wanted?

“What are you talking about?”

“I just walked by you and Eliza! You guys completely ignored me!” now how the hell was that possible?

“Dude I’m not even America right now. Plus Eliza is in Illinois. Are you sure it wasn’t someone else?” I asked as I lit up and took a drag.

“Positive it was you guys!”

“Oh well. I have to go now. I’ll talk to you soon dude.”

“See ya!”

When I finished my cig I went back into the hospital. I found Lena asleep while Jam and Stacey were in a deep conversation involving a lot of papers and signing. They noticed me walking in and Stacey left talking a sleepy Lena with her.

“Before you start asking me how I got this way I have a will made.”

I opened my mouth to ask why but nothing came out.

“Now would you like to explain my injuries?”

I nodded and quietly sat on her bed.

“Smart girl I am, I got into a fight with the though bitch there. And well I guess her ‘gang’ decided to help her out a bit. After getting my head whacked off the wall I guess I lacked out and woke up in the ambulance.” She paused for a second and looked at the ceiling. “They told me…they told me I have advanced breast cancer.”

“But they can cure it can’t they?”

She shook her head and starred at the ceiling harder. “It to far. Its in most of my vital organs.” There was a long pause. “Its in my brain to.” A tear slide down her pale cheek.

“But Lena? Your only 24.”

“Lena. My baby our baby. I’m leaving her everything I’ve got. Put the money form the apartment in a trust fund or something. Just leave it somewhere were she can get it when shes older.”

“If-”

“Gerard I’m not likely to live for more than a week so please-” she started crying heavily. “Look after Lena. Stay with her until your ancient, she needs at least one parent in her life.”

“I promise you I will try my best.” I tugged her into a hug and her tears were starting to soak threw my shirt.

“I don’t want o die.” She whimpered.

“Shh its gonna be okay.” She quietened down a small bit and I rubbed her back gently.

“I don’t want to die alone.”

“You won’t. I’ll be with you when your time comes.” I replied, “Even if it means missing thanksgiving.”

She let out a little giggle. “I’m sorry. Thanksgiving is tomorrow isn’t it?”

“Yeah but it doesn’t matter . It’s not that special.”

“If Mama Way heard you say that she would be severing you for dinner next year.”

I laughed “Yeah she would. So don’t tell her!” cooking was probably mom’s favourite thing to do. And if anyone dissed it you would get an ear full of shouting off her.

“What’s in it for me?”

“A, um, nice shiny red car?” I got no reply but I did feel my shirt getting warmer and wetter again. Way to go Gerard. Start her off crying again, you must be proud. Ass Hole.

_______________(",)________________

"How come mommy said I'm only allowed visit her when I is a very old lady?" I looked at Lena and sighed. How the hell are meant to tell a five year old that her mother just died without making her cry?

"Baby you mom..You know the way Eime died?"

She nodded "Yes. I miss her all of my time."

Well this is going to be harder than I thought. "Well your mom has gone to visit her in heaven for a while..well a long time."

"Is she gonna come visit me?" she asked hopeful.

"Baby she is gone for good."

She started crying. "But…" she raced to the sofa and buried her head in-between two cushions.

I walked over hoping she would calm down a bit. "Lena come out. Daddy would to give you a hug."

"No I hates you Geward!" she sobbed. It was honestly breaking me up. What the fuck am I mean to do? I'm not good at comforting people. Why couldn't I tell her when I got home?

"You wanna talk?" she shook her head. "Okay I'm gonna pack more stuff." I walked into Lena's room and left the door slightly a jar. I called my ma. "Ma what do I do? She doesn't want to talk to me. She even told me she hated me, I mean I thought they told you that when they're teens not little kids."

"Gerard please calm down-"

"I can't I don't know what to do! It's not like having a girlfriend! It's less annoying actually. But I really want to help her out ma and I don't know how to."

"There is nothing much you can do pet. She is terribly upset and doesn't know how to cope with it. Just try be nice offer her little treats try make her feel better. You could even call Bob he might cheer her up a little."

"Thanks ma. I love you so much."

"I love you too son. I'll collect you two from the airport at four on Friday. Bye."

I hung up without saying goodbye. Lena was fast asleep on the sofa. Her eyes slightly puff and red but apart from that she looked quite peaceful. I was kinda relieved now. I picked her up and lay her on Jam's bed. Then going into Lena's to finishing packing what I started earlier.

I came across loads of photo albums. The ten or so were all full of her from the hospital to Lena's last Christmas here. She was adorable in every picture. Next I came across another one marked 'NY 2001'. There were mountains of Jam, Mikey, Joe, Rose and i. I even found one of Frank and his pot dreds. Man was he gonna hate it when I showed him. I packed all them to and somehow managed to drift off to sleep.