Gig of change

Chapter 2

We sat back down on the bench, we had previously left. Surprisingly it hadn’t been taken by some old lady wanting to feed the rats with wings. I opened my paper and continued to read the article on page five. Josie turned to face me. I knew she was looking but there was no way I was about to turn and confront her her about my moment of weird weakness. I could feel the heat of her eyes burning a hole through my paper to my face. If she stared any longer people would think I’d taken the 'Charlie Sheen' drug.
“Lil?...What just happened?” Josie asked confused and worried. I didn't answer. I couldn't.
“Lil...What just happened?” I took a deep breath.
“I don't know.” Something was wrong here. Why was it so easy for me to loose it around this guy? I didn't even know him, and HE didn't even know ME! I thought I was over this stupid school girl romance stuff? This situation confused me. How was it even possible for this to happen? I am, usually, rather collected when it comes to men I have no interest in.
“So....Do you want to go to the gig?” WHAT? Was she serious? After what just happened and what I know would happen, she though I’d go to the concert? If it was anything like the last band I went to see with Josie, I'd end up stood on the side looking after her coat and bags of merchendise. And waiting for the line at the bar to reduce. At least the alcohol made the music bearable.
“There is not enough liquor in this world that could possible make me sit through that entire gig without vomiting.”
“But... you just said?” She replied in a sad childish tone. Hoping to change my mind.
“I know what I said, but what just happened....should never have happened. Look. You go enjoy the gig and I’m going back to the flat.” I sighed. I felt like a needed a shower. Going to a gig to be slammed and shoved in to sweaty people I will never meet again, wasn’t the way I wanted to spend my evening. Espesially if it ment listning to something that was suposidly music.
“Are you sure?” Josie knew how I felt about My Chemical Romance. And wasn't about to try and push me to go. I nodded. I needed some time to think about the day's events without distractions. Unfortunately, no matter how much I loved my friend, she was a distraction.
“Okay I'll see you later then.” I smiled and saluted her on her way.

The walk home wasn't cold as the sun had, surprisingly, warmed the air. I loved being able to ware my vest tops without a jacket. It made it feel like the summer actually was here. As interested as I was in the weather, I couldn't get THAT guy out of my head. The way his eyes glistened when he looked at me. I wanted the image out, no matter what the cost.

I paced home wanting only one thing. liqueur. I had to do something to wash him from my mind. Ironically the song 'Wash that man right out of my hair!' came to mind. I giggled to myself, making some business man stare at me in a rather provocative manner. I crossed the road evading the odd car along the way. My little home sat in the middle of two other houses. It wasn't obvious which one was mine, as they all looked the same. There was, however, one slight difference between my home and the other two houses. A small read gnome sitting quite happily on the windowsill. Josie had bought it at some beach side car boot sale. Apparently, gnomes are known for bringing good luck to the owners household. I wasn't to sure myself, I thought it looked ominous. Especially the way it held it's fishing rod.
I fumbled for the key’s in my bag. As always they hid right at the bottom. I began to get the feeling that my key's enjoyed playing games with me. It wasn’t in till I looked in my silky white bag, only to find they were in fact right on top, that i realised that keyes couldn't play games. I just couldn't find keyes in a bag.

I felt bad, as I opened the door to find the house empty. I'd left Josie by herself. I knew she'd have a good time without me. She was a rather incredibly large fan of My Chemical Romance. She would often be found scanning the internet for information she knew. The thought of her at the front row screaming every lyric at the top of her lungs, brought back HIS image. I shook my head, slammed the front door, and went to the fridge. I knew there was a full bottle of Pim's waiting for my attention. I decided not to bother with making the drink fancy. Plus I couldn't find any lemonade or fruit to make it fancy. I opened the bottle and gulped hard on a mouthful of the brown liquid. The back of my throat burned as I swallowed. I thought I was going to choke as the Pim's tried to crawl back up my neck. I swallowed hard again, and began to cough. Despite the difficulty of drinking straight Pims I returned to the bottle for another swig. As my body slowly numbed, I fell on to the used sofa which lived in our kitchen/diner. Before I could sit comfortably, I drifted off in to a alcoholic dream land.

My head rang. The sound of high pitched bells continued. I woke up off the floor. Somehow I hand managed to fall off the sofa and not caused a concussion or woken up. The human body surely was a miraculous thing. The bells rang again. Slowly I pulled myself up. My eyes fell across the mostly full Pims bottle, and I rubbed my head. I turned as my phone rang once more. The small black object was sending a stream of light threw the materiel of my bag, and lighting the room up. I hadn’t got a clue what time it was. Quickly I grabbed my phone and answered.
“Hello?” The voice on the other end of the line was frantic, but familial.
“Josie?....Josie. Calm down. Go from the beginning.” I reached for the lamp standing in the corner of the room. It's small light engulfed the room.
“What do you mean you've done something? Josie what have you done?” Before she could answer there was a knock on the back door. A small figurer holding an object to their ear moved uncomfortably. I switched my phone off and opened the door.
“Sorry Lil. I didn't know anyone else I could turn to.” I didn't know what to do, let alone what was going on. No matter, I had to think logically about it. After all Josie is my friend.
“Were is he?” Facts were an important tool to have when deciding a reaction.
“In the back of my van.... I need your help. Please.” Josie asked, suddenly as sturdy as a rock.
“Okay Josie. I'll help you.” Without a reply she grabbed my hand and dragged me out of the house. I JUST managed to close the back door, without her ripping my arm off.
There parked, still running, as close to my back gate as possible, was Josie's van. She swang the doors open.
There didn't seam to be anything wrong, so I decided to have a closer look. I got in to the back of the van, not really knowing what I was going to find. I hoped it wasn't a dead body. Goggles mapping of the known world, had made it so much more difficult to hide these things. I turned to find the doors slammed in my face.
“Josie?” there was no answer. I heard another door slam before I was sent flying forward against the van's front wall.
Again this was NOT, and I repeat, NOT how I wanted this day to go.
♠ ♠ ♠
any comments are welcome, but i would appreciate it if my spelling wasen't brought up. i try to make every possible effort to correct them but some do slip the gaps. thank you :D