Status: uploading slowly

Daughter of a Death Eater

4

Aside from Draco, there were two boys that were pale and fat, one that was tall and thin, and one with tan skin and dark eyes. I was told that they were respectively named, Vincent Crabbe, Gregory Goyle, Theodore Nott (nicknamed Theo) and Blaise Zambini.

“Well, you already know my name now,” I sat down beside Blaise, across from Draco.

“Do you have a nickname?” asked Blaise. “Your name is really long.”

“No, I don’t…” I answered slowly. “Do any of you have a suggestion?” There was a brief silence as the six of us sat and contemplated. Draco spoke.

“Aira.” He looked at me with a brow quirked, almost to challenge me to find something wrong with it. The others nodded with approval and turned to me as well.

“I like it.” I decided.

“Have you been sorted into a house?” Theo asked me.

“No, I haven’t.”

“You’d better not end up in Griffindor,” Draco stated with contempt. It was obvious that all of them were in Slytherin, if they were in Uncle Lucius’s house.

“I’ll be in Slytherin,” I answered with conviction.

“How do you know?” he challenged.


“Venari!” I called out in a low whisper, as he slithered to me. I held an arm for him to wind around, and Crabbe flinched visibly. Draco smirked- I had his approval.

It’s been nearly three years, and I have been very close to Draco since then. I’ve grown close to Bella as well and call her Mother both in person and in letters. I wandered through the halls, now a fifth year and a prefect at Hogwarts. It was a complete joke- Snape, our Head of House, awarded the title to Draco and me purely because of Pureblood relations. He was quite close to Uncle Lucius.

Throughout the years, there was only one thing that Draco and I really disagreed upon- my friendship with two particular redheads named Fred and George. We weren’t…close, exactly, but after I pranked them the first time, I was never able to shake them off. In a way, they reminded me of Bella- crazy and insane, when it came to their antics. The problem was, they were close to Harry Potter. In fact, their brother was his inseparable friend. Which meant that in time, I may have to kill them. I warned them in the beginning, that I was in Slytherin and I could have to hurt the one day. Unsurprisingly, they took it as a joke.

I pranked a lot with Fred and George, but I knew my position. My loyalties were completely with my Aunt and her family, and I would fight alongside her when the time comes. With Potter himself…well, there was one incident and it was quite unexpected.

I was friends with the Prefects of our house, not that I didn’t get along with everyone in our House, so I usually used the Prefect’s bathroom to bathe. I hadn’t worn Draco’s badge that supported Diggory and insulted Potter, primarily because it looked tacky and unstylish. It was after hours, and everyone should have been asleep by the time I passed the painting, so anyone could imagine my surprise when I saw Harry Potter naked in the tub, accompanied by Moaning Myrtle.

“Myrtle, out NOW!” I ordered as Potter spun around in shock. The whiny girl opened her mouth to protest at my “intrusion at her private time with her future husband”, but I drew my wand and she let loose a wail before disappearing. Hogwart’s youngest champion had his golden egg behind his head as he grabbed bubbles to cover himself. I rolled my eyes. “For hell’s sake Potter, I’m not going stare at you and you don’t need to be shy about baring your shoulders!” I turned away and threw a towel at him over my shoulder.

I heard him wrap it on as Venari slithered out of his hiding place. He was still thin, but bigger and stronger than before. Potter hissed something, and my eyes widened a fraction. He was a Parselmouth?! I had a strong affinity with snakes, but could not fluently communicate with them. Potter seemed to be telling Venari to do something, and Venari hissed back in reply- I could tell that my companion didn’t like him at all.

Potter seemed taken aback by something. “That’s the first one who didn’t listen to me,” he murmured. I was personally far too irritated that he tried to control my snake that I didn’t care what he said.

“Good,” I snapped. “Now if you don’t mind getting dressed, I’d rather not stare at your naked arse all night. I actually have permission to be in here and I want to be alone.”

“You’re not wearing a Malfoy badge.”

“Congratulations, you have eyes.”

“Are you going to try to get me into trouble?”

I turned to face a now fully dressed Potter, and smirked. “First of all, I can grant you an audience with Snape without even trying.” I had to hold back from laughing loudly at his sour expression- it looked like he bit into a flobberworm. “And no, my world doesn’t revolve around you enough for me to extend this little meeting. The door is that way.” I gestured grandly to it as Potter bit back a retort as he left.


It was the first day back at school, and my eyes moved to the newest addition of the staff. Lucius had informed us that the Ministry would be interfering at Hogwarts, but he hadn’t warned us that a puke-pink-tweed-covered toad would be Crouch Jr.’s replacement. I tuned out every bit of irrelevant information she had to announce, but couldn’t quite ignore the high-pitched squeal of her voice. “She sounds like a cross between a pig and a monkey,” I scowled, seated between Theo and Blaise. Both laughed quietly, as not to draw attention, and Draco smirked from across from me.

“How mad would your father be if I hexed her foot into her mouth?” I questioned Draco seriously.

The two boys between me laughed again, but he just gave me a warning look. “Don’t.” I rolled my eyes with extreme irritation as I twirled my fork, contemplating the chances of playing darts with it and Umbridge’s face.
♠ ♠ ♠
[The entire third chapter was a flashback]

My heartfelt thanks to:

TiggerAngel

Cacow :D

draloliane

CaribbeanConquerer

Poison.The.Hero