Strength of the World

15

We held each other for a while, making sure not to miss a thing. That is, until we were interrupted. "Jordan Baker! Get down here now!" I sat up, hearing jesi's loud voice and ran out of the room to the banister. Below me stood one of my best friends leaning against the couch, holding onto her very pregnant stomach. Jesi was now about 8 months and some odd weeks pregnant with Johnny's baby. She wasn't supposed to be stressed. So I guessed that this whole army bound band thing didn't help. "Jordan, did you know about what they're doing?!" I smiled and walked down the stairs.

"I just found out hon. Will you please sit down before you hurt yourself and the baby?" she sighed and sat down on the couch, still holding onto her stomach. I sat down next to her with a worried look on my face. "Are you alright?" she nodded and sighed.

"Just tired of being pregnant. Now all this army stress is on me and I can't handle it!" she said, tearing up. I smiled and hugged her.

"Don't worry jesi, we're gonna get through this together. All of us girlfriends have to stick together. We're gonna go insane if we don't." she nodded and placed her hand back on her stomach.

"But I'm not a girlfriend, I'm a wife now." Johnny and Jesi got married in vegas the day after they graduated high school last year. That's when they got pregnant too, their little honeymoon baby. I laughed and rolled my eyes.

"You know what I meant." She smiled and nodded again.

"I'm scared Jordan. I'm gonna be alone when I have her. She won't see her father until she's about a year old. I can't do this by myself." That's when I realized that jesi had it way harder than I did. She would be having to raise a child without the father for a whole year. I could never imagine living without my dad when I was that young. If I didn't have my dad, I don't know if I could have survived.

"You won't be by yourself Jesi." I turned to see brian walking over with his ceel phone in his hand.

"What are you talking about?" she asked curiously.

"Yeah brian, what are you talking about?" he laughed and plopped down on the couch next to me. He kissed my cheek and leaned his head on my shoulder. "Now that you're comfy, tell me."

"I just called the guys and they thought it would be a great idea if all the girlfriends moved in together for the year we're gone." I looked to jesi and she seemed happy. "Yes jesi, this means you won't be alone when you have Johnny's demon spawn." I scoffed and hit his chest playfully. I then got up and went over to the other side of jesi, making brian fall onto the couch. I put my hand on jesi's stomach and rubbed it lightly.

"Don't talk about her like that. It's not her fault she's the Anti-Johnny Christ." Jesi scoffed and his my hand away from her as brian and I laughed hysterically. Jesi shook her head and stood up.

"You guys suck. Screw you guys, I'm going home." She said in her best South Park Cartman voice. We laughed harder as she practically waddled out of the house. Brian then crawled over and rested his head on my lap. I ran my fingers through his hair as he channel surfed on the TV. He decided on watching Nightmare Before Christmas; but I wasn't really paying attention to it. I was too busy thinking about what I was gonna do without him for a whole year. I thought turning 21 was supposed to be the best year ever. This year was definitely gonna be the worst year with him not here. As I raked my fingers through his hair more, I realized something. I gasped loudly and held onto his hair lightly.

"What's wrong?" he asked, looking up at me.

"If you're going into the army, won't they make you cut your hair?" she smiled and thought about it for a minute before shrugging. "Brian, do you remember when you were 16 and you cut and bleached your hair?" he laughed and nodded.

"Yeah, you slapped me so hard that it left a handprint and you called me a preppy bitch." I smiled and nodded.

"Exactly. So if they make you cut your hair, you better grow it back before you come home. Understand me?" he smiled and nodded. I leaned down and kissed him lovingly. His cell phone then started singing 'bat outta hell'. He groaned in the kiss and pulled away to answer it. He laughed when he looked at the caller ID and handed it to me. I smiled evilly and answered.

"Well if it isn't zacky vengeance. You're a bastard." He laughed and sighed.

"Well I couldn't tell you without you figuring out that I was going too." He defended.

"You're still a bastard, what do you want?" he then laughed lightly.

"I need to talk about a certain someone's birthday." I rolled my eyes and sighed. Could he be anymore obvious?

"It's your birthday too dumbass."

"I understand that, but I don't care that much about turning 21. I drink anyway. All being 21 means is that I can do it legally." I laughed, nodding understandingly. "So can I talk to the boyfriend?" I gasped sarcastically, putting my hand over my mouth. Brian looked up at me from my lap like I was insane.

"I can't believe you brian! Dating my own twin brother behind my back? How dare you!" I yelled, getting off that couch and walking towards the kitchen. Brian laid on the couch, laughing hysterically.

"I'm sorry Jordan! It's the hair! I can't resist his hair!" I laughed and threw the phone at him before walking into the kitchen. I then looked around the cupboards and fridge for something to cook for dinner. Cooking was my thing. It helped me calm down after a hard day. When I finally found my steaks in the freezer, the house phone started ringing. "Babe! Can you get that?" I laughed and walked over to the phone.

"Only if you break up with my brother!" I heard him gasp and could only imagine his cute pouty face.

"But...but...that hair!" I rolled my eyes and picked up the phone.

"Hello? Synyster and Zacky's love shack. How may I be of service to you?" another sarcastic gasp came over the line. Wait, I know that gasp anywhere! "Oh my god, Raychel?!"